Capucine

(2005)
Capucine by Fragonard
Where to buy?
Capucine (Fragonard)
Capucine is a popular perfume by Fragonard for women and was released in 2005. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Green tea

Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 6.0/10
Helpful Review    2 Awards
No cappuccino
With my lack of finesse in French language, I assumed this fragrance would smell like a cappuccino. When I realised it didn't, I turned to research and found that the direct translation into English was a type of water cress called Nasturtium. Apparently it is known for its tangy and peppery flavour.

Well Capucine is neither a cappuccino nor a pungent tasting herb. This fragrance is actually quite a delicate, creamy and sweet floral.

It has a lovely French aura to it, that makes me grasp for the words classic and feminine. It's nothing particularly unique, but it's a scent that stays with me long after it's gone.

I get mostly creamy, slightly powdered rose and jasmine with a rich tea note that brings a touch of masculinity and boldness to the composition. At times this fragrance is mysterious, but its occasional candied sweetness brings it back to the land of the predictable.

It has one of the nicest musky drydowns I've found in a fragrance, with the distinctive creamy, vanillac sweetness working well in the base.

The lasting power is great for that of an EDT, and I can only imagine how much richer and creamier the pure parfum version of this fragrance would be.