Alexandrie mon Amour

Alexandrie mon Amour by Georges Rech
Where to buy?
Alexandrie mon Amour is a perfume by Georges Rech for women. The release year is unknown. It is still in production.

Vincent Ricord

Sillage 7.0/10
Longevity 8.0/10
Scent 7.0/10
Helpful Review    2 Awards
Lavender and patchouli oriental unisex perfume
This is a rich and relaxing (lavender) woody oriental with lots of patchouli and some sparkles from the fruits in the drydown. It could have been labelled as unisex, I bet many women would find it masculine, at least in the first stage of the perfume's development. Coffee, woods and vanilla are perceptible too but I can't feel the heliotrope, it isn't a creamy perfume.

I found it at first quite different to everything else in my collection but my partner's reaction to it, which wasn't very welcoming by the way, made me think it does share an aesthetic with Cartier's Le baiser du dragon, one he clearly dislikes. It isn't a contemporary style, more that of the first years of the present century, that puts it a strange space not too young but too old to be considered retro. Still I enjoy it for cool weather days when I want something comforting, not too sweet, green or spicy.