Nuit de Longchamp

(1934)
Nuit de Longchamp by Lubin
Nuit de Longchamp (Lubin)
Nuit de Longchamp (Lubin)
71 / 100%, 60 Ratings
Nuit de Longchamp is a perfume by Lubin for women and was released in 1934. The scent is flowery-chypre. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Nutmeg, Orange blossom, Sicilian bergamot, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesBroom, Iris, Jasmine, Sandalwood, Turkish rose
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Labdanum, Patchouli, Peru balsam, Tolu balsam, Vetiver

71% (60 Ratings)
77% (50 Ratings)
60% (43 Ratings)
86% (42 Ratings)
Researched and submitted by Seglein
Edit Notes
Your Notes are only visible to you.

Characters left

Review by
Flavorite
1 Award
Puttin' On the Ritz
I don't know why, but as soon as I got a good whiff of this fragrance on my skin I pictured Fred Astaire in tails and top hat in "Blue Skies". "Spending ev'ry dime / For a wonderful time"...as the song suggests, is the feeling of opulence and giddy glamour that I associate with this composition. It is a joyful jaunt beginning with bergamot and orange blossom- twirled in with cardamom and nutmeg, at which point, the star of the show has my full attention! Just then a smooth slick refined Turkish rose reminds us that we are still civilized and we must all hail our taxis one arm wave at a time. Suddenly this is smooth, dapper and boiling over with class. Broom and balsam mingle suggestively, getting deep and contemplative and by hour 3 this scent has kicked off its heels in exchange for Brandy Alexander, Midnight Blues clubs, shifting to a mellow 'Mood Indigo'. By hour 5 this is a subtle whisper under the moonlight. Nina Simone is crooning "Wild is The Wind'. Oblivion will soon follow, after this last embrace of cardamom, labdanum and balsam no doubt. As usual, Lubin does not disappoint if you are looking for a unique complex and transformative fragrance. Fine foot work, indeed.