Gorilla Perfume At Lush - The Smell of Weather Turning by Lush

Gorilla Perfume At Lush - The Smell of Weather Turning

by Lush (2010)
78%
78 of 100%, 25 Ratings
Released in the year 2010, apparently still in production.
Perfumer: Simon Constantine

Oak wood, Hay, Beeswax, Stinging nettle, English peppermint, Mint, Roman chamomile
78% (25 Ratings)
88% (19 Ratings)
74% (18 Ratings)
55% (19 Ratings)

This perfume was researched and submitted by LiliaSophia
Helpful Review - 02/04/2013
3 Review Awards
Proceed with caution
TSOWT is a refreshing fragrance that brings the forest from the outside in. There is a hint of fresh mint skimming the surface of deep, sophisticated woods. Every fragrance lover who is attracted to green fragrances will not appreciate the stand alone uniqueness this fragrance offers. Lush has apparently decided to alienate this fragrance from the typical greens by inducing a shock value at first spritz. It could be considered a scrubber at first blast but the woods lull you in creating a peace and serenity like no other. This fragrance could easily wear you if you don't have the courage to pull it off. If you can take the heat of hard core woods, then be my guest, just proceed with caution. Love List for me!
Helpful Review - 09/12/2012
30%
3 Review Awards
Stinky even for Lush
Many of the perfumes of the house of Lush open loudly, unpleasantly, and sometimes quite abrasively. A few of them, however, do end up smelling like something at least approaching a worthy perfume. I'm not sure what to think about this one.

THE SMELL OF WEATHER TURNING is obviously intended to be a kind of Demeter-esque re-creation of the smell of weather turning, but to my nose it smells like a cross between an electrical fire or a short-circuited appliance and a forest of rotting wood underneath which mushrooms have begun to sprout. Is this a unique combination of scents? Yes, of course. Is it a perfume which I would normally choose to wear? No, I would not.

This particular Lush creation pushes the boundaries of perfumery, but it also raises the question of what perfume is supposed to be. Should perfume smell good? To me, this one does not, and while I might be able to embrace its originality on some level, it is only as an abstraction, not as a fragrance to wear. This is the sort of scent which probably does belong in an olfactory art exhibit, but it does not belong on my skin, and I intend to bathe soon to remove the lingering traces of this rather unpleasant scent and probably will not wear it again, although there is still some liquid left in my 2ml sample vial.

I ended up testing this perfume three times, always hoping to find what I had missed before. When all is said and sniffed, I have to confess that I think that this stinks.
Cryptic 589 days ago
Maybe a better name would be "The Smell of Something Burning," eh? I got a big old forest fire. :)
Very helpful Review - 08/05/2012
5 Review Awards
Off the beaten track
This is a strange and slightly disturbing fragrance ... for some reason it reminds me of the Dentist's waiting room when I was a kid, absolutely terrified of what might happen behind that closed door.

Having said that ... I also find it totally intriguing ... go figure?
The mint here is very prevalent on my skin with an almost 'spearmint chewing gum' feel ... it's made rather languid and "mint julep-like' by the honey.
Personally I would've liked a fresher wood like Cedar in this. I can definitely smell the oak here but it feels a little aged ... 'ripe' is a better word I suppose. I wouldn't shy away from wearing this every now and then as it's different and quite eccentric ... but I don't think I'd ever empty a full bottle.

As with the other LUSH frags I have tried, the sillage and longevity are above average.
Helpful Review - 08/05/2012
70%
6 Review Awards
Misleading Name for a Cool Fragrance
The Lush fragrance line deserves a lot of credit. It is cruelty free, earth friendly, well-crafted and incredibly cheap. If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and check out the line.

Based on the name, I expected TSOWT to be a straightforward ozonic in the mold of Acqua di Gio and its progeny. Instead, this fragrance is a somewhat gothic powerhouse of swirling smoke softened by tender notes of beeswax and chamomile.

The top note of mint conjures up nothing so much as a grove of eucalyptus trees. As the scent evolves, the wind gusts through the grove, bringing with it a vaguely disturbing burnt smell from forest fires nearby. The danger lingers until the rains come, washing away the cinders and bringing forth a delicate waft of grasses and flowers. Not the sort of scent you'd want to wear to the prom, but a great frag to wear for yourself and enjoy as a fab example of perfume as art.

Popular Perfumes by Lush

Karma / Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Karma by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Breath of God by Lush Vanillary by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Lust by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - The Smell of Weather Turning by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Tuca Tuca by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Hellstone by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Dirty Fragrance by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Imogen Rose by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - The Smell of Freedom by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Love by Lush American Cream by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Sikkim Girls by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - The Bug by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - 1000 Kisses by Lush Snowcake by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Furze by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Flower's Barrow by Lush » View all

Lush

Website of Lush

Perfumes by Lush

Karma / Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Karma by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Breath of God by Lush Vanillary by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Lust by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Tuca Tuca by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Hellstone by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Dirty Fragrance by Lush Gorilla Perfume At Lush - Imogen Rose by Lush

Users who like
Gorilla Perfume At Lush - The Smell of Weather Turning often also like:

A taste of Heaven by Blue Amber by Series 3 Incense: Avignon by Tonka Impériale by Craft by Collection Excessive - Oud Shamash by

Password