Yellow Sea

(2008)
Yellow Sea by M. Micallef
Flacon Design: Martine Micallef
7.6 / 10     29 Ratings
Yellow Sea is a popular perfume by M. Micallef for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is citrusy-woody. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lime, Mandarin

Scent 8.0
Tar
3 Awards
No storm
YELLOW SEA - it shows us really a calm, unperturbed sea - consisting of a dense yellow liquid. I would like to find that note, that makes this fragrance so soft and mild, that nothing sharp-edged or assaultive appears.

Amber is immediately detectable, causing a homey sponge-cake aroma. Shortly afterwards we get smoky woods, and at the end creamy, nice, sweetness without flowers, a very long lasting gift.

This creation is a perfect fragrance for gourmand lover, and in my honest opinion is unisex, or rather feminine. It is not created for wild seduction or harsh negotiations, it is rather a scent for evenings while reading a book or discussing with the family. A really friendly, inviting scent.

I am really grateful to Oloroso for the sample!!!
12/27/2012
Scent 9.0
Helpful Review    3 Awards
If You Like Subtle Unique Scents, Look No Further...
This is a tough review for me to write, as Yellow Sea is a difficult fragrance to describe. The notes are extremely well-blended so it is difficult to pinpoint individual notes... That said, I think I smell lemon and bergamot up top (staying around for the heart notes) then also in the heart I get an incense and patchouli accord peeping through drying down to an amber base. I am sure that is not a perfect representation of all the notes in Yellow Sea, but it is just a very refined and complex scent by Micallef. I guess I pretty much get a very nice semi-sweet light citrus/fresh oriental that is extremely versatile, unique and easy to wear. Longevity, sillage and projection are all average here. Bottom line is I like Yellow Sea a lot and highly recommend it. 4.5 out of 5 stars for this hidden gem (now regrettably discontinued).

Discussions about Yellow Sea