47953 Perfumes by 3862 Brands

Yellow Sea

by M. Micallef (2008)
75%
75 of 100%, 24 Ratings
Released in the year 2008, production apparently discontinued.
Perfumers: Geoffrey Nejman, Jean Claude Astier

10/12/2013
80%
2 Review Awards
No storm
YELLOW SEA - it shows us really a calm, unperturbed sea - consisting of a dense yellow liquid. I would like to find that note, that makes this fragrance so soft and mild, that nothing sharp-edged or assaultive appears.

Amber is immediately detectable, causing a homey sponge-cake aroma. Shortly afterwards we get smoky woods, and at the end creamy, nice, sweetness without flowers, a very long lasting gift.

This creation is a perfect fragrance for gourmand lover, and in my honest opinion is unisex, or rather feminine. It is not created for wild seduction or harsh negotiations, it is rather a scent for evenings while reading a book or discussing with the family. A really friendly, inviting scent.

I am really grateful to Oloroso for the sample!!!
Helpful Review - 12/27/2012
90%
3 Review Awards
If You Like Subtle Unique Scents, Look No Further...
This is a tough review for me to write, as Yellow Sea is a difficult fragrance to describe. The notes are extremely well-blended so it is difficult to pinpoint individual notes... That said, I think I smell lemon and bergamot up top (staying around for the heart notes) then also in the heart I get an incense and patchouli accord peeping through drying down to an amber base. I am sure that is not a perfect representation of all the notes in Yellow Sea, but it is just a very refined and complex scent by Micallef. I guess I pretty much get a very nice semi-sweet light citrus/fresh oriental that is extremely versatile, unique and easy to wear. Longevity, sillage and projection are all average here. Bottom line is I like Yellow Sea a lot and highly recommend it. 4.5 out of 5 stars for this hidden gem (now regrettably discontinued).
01/04/2012
90%
5 Review Awards
Yellow Sea by Micallef
Yellow Sea by Micallef

The terms "smooth as butter" or "melts in your mouth" came to mind when I finally got to wear Micallef's Yellow Sea. This fragrance has real presence without projecting a cloud of sillage. It's actually perfect because of this attribute and is akin to the way Chanel's Coromandel wears on my skin.

When someone comes into your personal space, you had better believe they are going to know you are wearing something.....and that something is pretty damn good. This parfum has excellent longevity and THAT is at odds with the reviews I have read. Two sprays are still going strong 5 hours later.

LS has the notes listed as : Bergamot, Lemon, Patchouli, White Cedar, Incense, Amber, Castoreum and Benzoin.

Yellow Sea opens with a blend of citrus, a subtle patchouli and even less incense. I get these immediately and it's a supple rendition. The incense gradually builds momentum, never getting loud, but becoming more noticeable. The citric accord is commendable, not only for its pleasantness, but for its hang time.

After 15 minutes or so, Yellow Sea unveils a woody aspect that compliments the patchouli and incense. This transition is as good as the top accord and what impresses me is that there is no letdown anywhere in the life of this scent. The base is just as the listed notes say they are. An amber arrives, then it transforms into a van-amber with castoreum.

Yellow Sea is a shared fragrance that exhibits a more masculine side than feminine. I can't see why women couldn't pull this off and personally, I couldn't care who I smelled this on. It would smell good to me regardless.

Big thumbs up from Aromi for Micallef's Yellow Sea.
Apicius 931 days ago
Buttery top? Yes! it reminded me of papayas.

Radar Chart

Discussions about Yellow Sea

Popular Perfumes by M. Micallef

Gaïac by M. Micallef Watch Collection - Time for Love by M. Micallef Ananda by M. Micallef Aoud by M. Micallef Aoud Gourmet by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Hiver by M. Micallef Ylang in Gold by M. Micallef Shanaan by M. Micallef Mon Parfum by M. Micallef Night Aoud by M. Micallef Patchouli by M. Micallef Rose Aoud by M. Micallef Emir by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Printemps by M. Micallef Avant-Garde / Avant Garde by M. Micallef Black Sea by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Automne by M. Micallef Royal Muská by M. Micallef » View all

M. Micallef

Website of M. Micallef

New by M. Micallef

Puzzle Collection N°2 by M. Micallef Puzzle Collection N°1 by M. Micallef Mon Parfum Gold by M. Micallef
Perfumes by M. Micallef

Users who like
Yellow Sea often also like:

Ambre 114 by Pour Monsieur by Black Afgano by Chergui by Terre d'Hermès by Hermessence Ambre Narguilé by