Yellow Sea

Yellow Sea by M. Micallef
Flacon Design:
Martine Micallef
76 of 100%, 29 Ratings
Released in the year 2008, production apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lime, Mandarin

65% (15 Ratings)
77% (23 Ratings)
Researched and submitted by DeGe53
Edit Notes
Your Notes are only visible to you.

Characters left

Tar
Tar
2 Awards
No storm
YELLOW SEA - it shows us really a calm, unperturbed sea - consisting of a dense yellow liquid. I would like to find that note, that makes this fragrance so soft and mild, that nothing sharp-edged or assaultive appears.

Amber is immediately detectable, causing a homey sponge-cake aroma. Shortly afterwards we get smoky woods, and at the end creamy, nice, sweetness without flowers, a very long lasting gift.

This creation is a perfect fragrance for gourmand lover, and in my honest opinion is unisex, or rather feminine. It is not created for wild seduction or harsh negotiations, it is rather a scent for evenings while reading a book or discussing with the family. A really friendly, inviting scent.

I am really grateful to Oloroso for the sample!!!

12/27/2012
90%

Drseid
Drseid
Helpful Review
3 Awards
If You Like Subtle Unique Scents, Look No Further...
This is a tough review for me to write, as Yellow Sea is a difficult fragrance to describe. The notes are extremely well-blended so it is difficult to pinpoint individual notes... That said, I think I smell lemon and bergamot up top (staying around for the heart notes) then also in the heart I get an incense and patchouli accord peeping through drying down to an amber base. I am sure that is not a perfect representation of all the notes in Yellow Sea, but it is just a very refined and complex scent by Micallef. I guess I pretty much get a very nice semi-sweet light citrus/fresh oriental that is extremely versatile, unique and easy to wear. Longevity, sillage and projection are all average here. Bottom line is I like Yellow Sea a lot and highly recommend it. 4.5 out of 5 stars for this hidden gem (now regrettably discontinued).

01/04/2012
Longevity: Good
90%

AromiErotici
AromiErotici
5 Awards
Yellow Sea by Micallef
Yellow Sea by Micallef

The terms "smooth as butter" or "melts in your mouth" came to mind when I finally got to wear Micallef's Yellow Sea. This fragrance has real presence without projecting a cloud of sillage. It's actually perfect because of this attribute and is akin to the way Chanel's Coromandel wears on my skin.

When someone comes into your personal space, you had better believe they are going to know you are wearing something.....and that something is pretty damn good. This parfum has excellent longevity and THAT is at odds with the reviews I have read. Two sprays are still going strong 5 hours later.

LS has the notes listed as : Bergamot, Lemon, Patchouli, White Cedar, Incense, Amber, Castoreum and Benzoin.

Yellow Sea opens with a blend of citrus, a subtle patchouli and even less incense. I get these immediately and it's a supple rendition. The incense gradually builds momentum, never getting loud, but becoming more noticeable. The citric accord is commendable, not only for its pleasantness, but for its hang time.

After 15 minutes or so, Yellow Sea unveils a woody aspect that compliments the patchouli and incense. This transition is as good as the top accord and what impresses me is that there is no letdown anywhere in the life of this scent. The base is just as the listed notes say they are. An amber arrives, then it transforms into a van-amber with castoreum.

Yellow Sea is a shared fragrance that exhibits a more masculine side than feminine. I can't see why women couldn't pull this off and personally, I couldn't care who I smelled this on. It would smell good to me regardless.

Big thumbs up from Aromi for Micallef's Yellow Sea.

Apicius 1275 days ago
Buttery top? Yes! it reminded me of papayas.

Discussions about Yellow Sea

Popular Perfumes by M. Micallef

Watch Collection - Time for Love by M. Micallef Gaïac by M. Micallef Ananda by M. Micallef Aoud by M. Micallef Patchouli by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Hiver by M. Micallef Shanaan by M. Micallef Aoud Gourmet by M. Micallef Avant-Garde / Avant Garde by M. Micallef Mon Parfum by M. Micallef Ylang in Gold by M. Micallef Emir by M. Micallef Night Aoud by M. Micallef Royal Vintage by M. Micallef Black Ananda by M. Micallef Rose Aoud by M. Micallef Royal Muská by M. Micallef Black Sea by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Printemps by M. Micallef Les 4 Saisons - Automne by M. Micallef