Sexy Amber

(2013)
Sexy Amber by Michael Kors
Where to buy?
Sexy Amber (Michael Kors)
Sexy Amber (Michael Kors)
6.5 / 10     103 Ratings
Sexy Amber is a perfume by Michael Kors for women and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-flowery. It is still in production.

Harry Frémont

Amber, Jasmine, Sandalwood

Submitted by Joe, last update on 30.07.2016

04/08/2015
Scent 4.0
Helpful Review    1 Award
Back to the Future
This is very Johnson & Johnson Baby Oily smelling for the first 10 minutes and then they throw this meaty sensual deep amber, wood and a dirty musk down on you. She's a Maniac! It's rather synthetic and juxtaposition and odd. Sexy Amber has better sillage than the Sporty Citrus fragrance from this line, and I guess this could smell subtly sexy on "someone, somewhere...in Summertime"...but as for me, amber must be well-dressed and more shrouded to win me over. Obviously something about this scent has triggered a 1980's-1990's flashback. Sexy Amber is reminiscent of many of the "Hungry Like the Wolf"-come-hither fragrances of that genre. I categorized the popular women's scents from that time into 4-5 main categories (I was in highschool, and we supposed to be laying down some kind of order/patterns in life. 1. Prissy/Wealthy/Clean/Crabtree Spring Rain & AnaisAnais, White Linen-2) EuroCool/hipster/Retrochic/Timeless- Chanel /Loulou/Joy 3) Cheap but sexy- Emeraude/Exclamation/Halston, 4) Expensive, loud and Sexy- Ysatis/Paris/Poison/Giorgio/Amarige/Fracas. This scent is somewhere between 3) and 5)I want to smell like a baby- Babysoft. I guess I will call this one "Crazy, Sexy, Cool" and hop back into my time machine to head home!
07/20/2014
Bottle 5.0
Sillage 5.0
Longevity 7.5
Scent 3.0
Helpful Review    4 Awards
Does not do what it says on the label
Not your typical amber at all. Instead an open-faced freshness and unexpected lightness in the top-notes followed by a reliable old friend, jasmine, resting on a base of synthetic sandalwood. Does not send out those pretty definite vibes of ambery sensuousness at all, but lets you feel free and easy. A welcome change from those heavies you are supposed to feel "sexy" in - but why the misleading name? Apart from that: the pungency of the synthetic base spoils the whole thing for me. An acceptable artificial sandalwood is notoriously difficult to produce, but the one used in "Sexy Amber" is particularly unpleasant. The drydown reminds me of Estee Lauder's "Modern Muse", not by chance created by the same perfumer.