Mémoire d'Homme

Mémoire d'Homme by Nina Ricci
Flacon Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff
Mémoire d'Homme (Nina Ricci)
Mémoire d'Homme (Nina Ricci)
68 / 100%, 16 Ratings
Mémoire d'Homme is a perfume by Nina Ricci for men and was released in 2002. The scent is citrusy-synthetic. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Licorice leaf

Longevity: Very good

Review by
1 Award
A well behaved licorice.
Not the rule, but when you see a house with a lot of perfumes and only the very few are masculine (at least marketed at) then you get the impression that some real effort focus and time went down to create these special ones. The one I owned for quite some time and really liked was Memoire d'Homme.

Upon spraying you get the feeling that this is your typical men's cologne but it is not! You get a citrusy initial bang taking up almost the entire frame, but some nutmeg, ginger and definitely licorice are photobombing in the background.

The licorice... I got really acquainted with this note thanks to my partner's black soft licorice caramels she was stuffing my mouth with in the winter. In this composition the licorice is done right with a balanced feel to it thanks to grapefruit in the beginning and then the nutmeg. The ginger has a sparkling role keeping the structure somehow fresh.

And then there is the amazing woody semi sweet drydown that keeps going for hours on skin, not to mention its persistence on clothes. For me this is where this scent really shines. Like staring down at a pine(?) forest from a higher point with the traces of a licorice caramel you were torturing in your mouth to melt for 10 minutes. Great stuff people.

I am keeping the "oh my god!! why did you discontinue such a wonderful underatted superfantastic scent?!?!?" for some other time or scent...

Screw it...

Longevity: Average
Sillage: Average
Bottle: Average

Review by
1 Award
Bad Citric Woods...
Not a fan. Many compare this to one of my favorite scents, Terre d'Hermes, but I really don't see much of the comparison... On my skin, this is all about licorice, nutmeg and cedar after the initial grapefruit top note. The cedar being the main similarity between the two scents to me. The grapefruit top note here is nice, but it lasts for just a few seconds and is gone, leaving just the licorice behind; transitioning to the nutmeg and cedar notes. I regret my blind buy of this one and have gave away my bottle with no regrets. Memoire d'Homme gets a below average rating of 2 stars out of 5 and an "avoid" recommendation.

Popular Perfumes by Nina Ricci

L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci Nina (2006) by Nina Ricci Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci Premier Jour by Nina Ricci Deci Delà by Nina Ricci Farouche by Nina Ricci Phileas by Nina Ricci Nina (1987) by Nina Ricci Love In Paris by Nina Ricci Amour d'Amandier by Nina Ricci Ricci-Club by Nina Ricci Nina L'Elixir by Nina Ricci Belle de Minuit by Nina Ricci Liberty Fizz by Nina Ricci Fleur de Fleurs by Nina Ricci Le Paradis de Nina by Nina Ricci Mémoire d'Homme by Nina Ricci Signoricci 1 by Nina Ricci L'Air de Nina Ricci by Nina Ricci Love fills L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci