Acqua di Colonia - Melograno

(1965)
Acqua di Colonia - Melograno by Santa Maria Novella
6.7 / 10     32 Ratings
Acqua di Colonia - Melograno is a perfume by Santa Maria Novella for women and men and was released in 1965. The scent is flowery-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange, Cyclamen, Ylang-ylang, Rose, Pomegranate
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root, Cedar, Vetiver, Fern, Oakmoss, Tobacco leaf, Hawthorn
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Patchouli, Opoponax, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by Ripieno, last update on 20.05.2016

05/27/2012
Sillage 7.5
Longevity 7.5
Scent 8.0
Helpful Review
A Glorious Green Chypre
What a surprise: Santa Maria Novella MELOGRANO is a glorious green chypre! The green is so intense as to be almost galbanum-like. The oakmoss is also quite detectable. Despite the name, what is not readily evident is the pomegranate. I've spent some time with my nose to my wrist attempting to find the pomegranate, but my commitment to truth in reviewing obliges me to confess that I cannot tease out any pomegranate from the intense chypre elements of this perfume.

Maybe I could imagine pomegranate as detectable here, if I really, really tried, but I would never, ever, have guessed that it was present in a mystery scent vial trial. No, this is unequivocally a green chypre! It may as well be called grapefruit or banana or cherry or melon--all would be every bit as appropriate as pomegranate, it seems.

But enough about the name. This smells great! I definitely recommend MELOGRANO for testing by anyone who loves classic chypres. People who are looking for an intensely red-pomegranate-stained perfume may, on the other hand, be disappointed.