47953 Perfumes by 3862 Brands

Padparadscha

by Satellite (2003)
77%
77 of 100%, 20 Ratings
Released in the year 2003, apparently still in production.

Top Notes: Pepper, Juniper berry
75% (12 Ratings)

This perfume was researched and submitted by DeGe53
Helpful Review - 04/12/2013
2 Review Awards
So glad I bought a sample first!
I almost did a blind buy on this I wanted it so bad. But then sense prevailed and I ordered a sample first. While I appreciate all the fine ingredients used in this elixir, it ends up smelling like clove oil on my skin. It reminds me a lot of the clove chewing gum smell from a long time ago, too. I'm really glad I got to try this though and I think for lovers of heavy spicy incensey perfumes, you should definitely try this one!
12/17/2012
90%
3 Review Awards
A Fiery Chile Pepper And Sandalwood Lover's Dream...
Padparadscha opens with an amazing combination of jasmine, supported by both cinnamon and clove (even though neither are listed as official notes). The spiced jasmine is shortly joined by a very well-done fiery red chile pepper that is the primary heart note with a juniper berry undertone that is somewhat reminiscent of pine needles. A woody base of cedar creeps into the heart notes but stays relatively well-concealed, content to remain in the background while the hot spice smolders. Sandalwood adds a last bit of sweetness working with the remnants of the jasmine presented earlier to counter the continuing spicy nature of the scent. Projection is above average and longevity is average.

Padparadscha is a hidden gem of a scent (and it is named after a rare sapphire so I guess that is apropos). It is a chile pepper lover’s dream come true as that aspect is extremely well-implemented. With chile pepper as the star you might expect it to be a very dry and hot scent, but the jasmine, clove and cinnamon temper the heat and add just the slightest touch of subtle sweetness to the overall composition with the juniper and cedar adding perfect support. This is definitely a superb composition crafted by a nose I confess to have never heard of in Dulon. I will endeavor to keep an eye out for further releases by Ms. Dulon and her company Satellite as not only is Padparadscha a powerful release, it is very reasonably priced at $80 retail for 100ml. That is a steal for this type of quality, scoring a very strong buy recommendation. Bravo Dulon! Padparadscha is beyond excellent and earns a well-deserved 4.5 stars out of 5.

Radar Chart

Popular Perfumes by Satellite

Padparadscha by Satellite Ipanéma by Satellite Corrida by Satellite 40° à l'Ombre by Satellite A la Figue! by Satellite » View all

Satellite

Website of Satellite

Perfumes by Satellite

Users who like
Padparadscha often also like:

Gris clair... by L'Heure Bleue by Arabie by Cuir Beluga by Trèfle Pur by Sensuous by