Saharienne

by Yves Saint Laurent (2011)
69%
69 of 100%, 127 Ratings
Released in the year 2011, apparently still in production, produced by L'Oréal.
Perfumers: Carlos Benaïm, Anne Flipo, IFF (International Flavors & Fragrances)

Top Notes Top Notes Bergamot, Mandarin, Lemon

Longevity: Average
60%
1 Review Award
The Agony of the Salesgirl
As soon as I knew of the existence of "Saharienne", I did not stop questioning and bothering the nice lady in my favorite mainstream perfume store when at last "Saharienne" would be made available to us.

Today she could finally tell me that it had already arrived at the back office and would be sold to the public next week. "Well, finally", I said to myself, and I was not the only happy one. An early sample was graciously given out.

"Saharienne" starts fresh, citric and with something that smells like candied tangerine. Fortunately, this note disappears fast. I do not like at all such sticky sweet stuff at this time of the year. After that the scent turns soft, warm, and warmer still. I would not have thought it possible ... but one can smell heat without breaking out into a sweat.

During the transition from head notes to heart, there is a little of "Chloe Eau de Lavande". Like a soft breeze, a flowery bouquet is noticeable before the scent turns into its woody base. Something in there reminds me of amber although this note is not listed.

Conclusion: A soft, warm perfume which is refreshing nonetheless. The longevity could be better.
Translated by Pipette
04/13/2013
10%
2 Review Awards
lemony soapy musky peppery
This is a most boring scent. It's lemon, but not the exhilarating, sweet, sharp, mossy, wet lemon scent I used to get from the lemon leafs that I picked every day on the way to school and tore into little strips and inhaled all the way to the bridge before throwing the torn up bits of leaf off the bridge and watching them fall into the water. I would bury my nose in the crushed leaf and wipe the leaf up and down my arms to become the scent. Nor is it the pure lemon scent that goes up your nose to the back of your throat when you are squeezing a lemon it's so sharp it makes you salivate. No. this is more like a too diluted lemon disinfectant I might mop the bathroom with and forget about the moment I walk out of the room.
A light thin lemon which in its long drydown becomes candied lemon, very musky and slightly soapy. the pepper and the ginger and the candied lemon at the end of it all seem to be discordant.
Helpful Review - 06/21/2012
Longevity: Average
Sillage: Average
Bottle: Average
30%
2 Review Awards
No experiments
Nothing experimental about this one. A fresh, citrussy summer scent, pleasant, but devoid of any surprises. Just average. We've all smelled this before a hundred times and more. I don't have the faintest idea why on earth YSL would come up with such a nondescript scent. The drydown reminds me of cheap male cologne. I think this is what the press blurp tries to point out when they state that the fragrances is a "surprising encounter between a mineral freshness and a warm breeze". To me, it's just an average woody amber drydown - to round off the the disappointing experience. Staying power is not as bad as I thought in the beginning, i.e. the ambery notes lingered on for 6 hs on my skin.
Also okay on a man, I reckon.

Radar Chart

by Angua
by Sophi

Popular Perfumes by Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent Opium by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent Paris by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Belle d'Opium by Yves Saint Laurent Saharienne by Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) by Yves Saint Laurent Champagne / Yvresse (1993) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche by Yves Saint Laurent

Yves Saint Laurent

Website Website of Yves Saint Laurent

New by Yves Saint Laurent

Paris L'Edition Venini by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Edition Collector 2014 by Yves Saint Laurent Opium Edition Collector 2014 by Yves Saint Laurent Paris Rebel Collector by Yves Saint Laurent

Perfumes by Yves Saint Laurent