Search Forum

What new perfumes have that 'classic' potential?

26 - 35 by 35
10 years ago
DaisyDukes:
FloraMilena:
CuteChemist:
I'm gonna get shot for saying this, but Coco Noir, IMHO, is "classic" material!

I agree with this. I think COCO NOIR will easily become a future classic.

I agree with both of you. I think it's lovely.

Haha okay good! I know so many people hate on it!
10 years ago
"No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain"
Re: Future Classics 10 years ago
FloraMilena:
Well I could make a huge list, but I will only post what works well on my skin of those I have tested.

I think these are definitely worthy to be classics:

Chanel - GARDENIA

Here's my insufferable know-it-all moment, this one is old as balls already Smile Tho I do agree with others, there are some aspiring classics in the Les Exclusifs line. My personal favourite for that status is ofc "31 rue Cambon".

Mugler's "Angel" is a legend in its own right, and it's not exactly new any more either so it's beside the topic, but some of Mugler's other fragrances may also stand the test of time and become classics. "Bvlgari Black" definitely has potential IMHO, and so does/did the now discontinued "Omnia". Those spring to mind and seem to rise above others, anyway. It's really interesting to see what others have suggested!
10 years ago
I don't think any tbh.
10 years ago
I think "Hanae Mori/Butterfly" has the potential. Elegant, low-key...it has many beautiful qualities.
modern classics? 10 years ago
Ok ok, bear with me. I know that this perfume gets a bad rap for being "just a mild flanker", but.... I am going to have to say, "Shalimar Parfum Initial". It has a vintage vibe to it but still maintains much of the qualities which make it a modern scent. I love this perfume, and it is truly a modern classic in my opinion. Very Happy
10 years ago
From the last 5 or so years, I think "Bottega Veneta" could stand the test of time and become a fine example of a post-oakmoss regulation chypre. One of the Amouage line is bound to become a classic, too. Maybe "Fate Woman"?
9 years ago
Tauer 02
Bottega Veneta
Angel & Coco Mademoiselle and Coco Noir
Portrait of a Lady
9 years ago
Tubereuse Criminelle- Serge Lutens- a most unique menthol take on Tuberose!
Bvlgari Black- If that one is discontinued...several people will cry molten rubber tire tears!
Tom Ford- Tobacco Vanilla
9 years ago
Une Rose by Frederick Malle
Thirty Three by Ex Idolo
Misia by Chanel
Florabotanica by Balenciaga
Oud Ispahan by Dior

And from my current all-time favorite house:
Chêne by Serge Lutens
Fleurs d'oranger Serge Lutens
La myrrhe by Serge Lutens
Muscs Kublai Kahn Serge Lutens
Rose de Nuit by Serge Lutens
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What new perfumes have that 'classic' potential?
26 - 35 by 35
Jump to