Search Forum

A special request to the new users

26 - 40 by 40
11 years ago
One request of mine would be: Please use all rating functions on the perfumes detail pages meaning: please not only rate a perfume by numbers, also rate lasting power, sillage and flacon and most importantly the categorization. This is way more helpful than a simple %-number. Thanks a lot.
10 years ago
is there a place on parfumo that goes over all the features, i am having a tough go of it. for example, i can not understand how to change my perfume and then see a timeline. the only way i have been able to change is to click on not wearing this perfume? and enter a new fragrance. am i deleting the prvious entry? and if not, where is the list stored? i keep seeing just one perfume, i.e. whatever i am wearing.

i have a pretty steep learning curve here. is there an overview of features? i have been to various boards and also searched the forums. thanks. sorry for being slow to figure this out.
Full Overview 10 years ago
Your time line is the option "Full Overview" right under the option "Not wearing this perfume".

It shows the choices you made chronologically. The longer you are here, the more of a record.

"Full Overview" page also has tabs: Rarely Worn, Recently Worn, etc. etc.

This TOOL is a pleasure to use. You can see, after a while, which perfumes really don't get much use.
10 years ago
Cryptic:
There are a lot of fantastic reviews in the system with no awards, probably because they were written back when the site was young and fewer members were around to read them. It's nice to show the "oldtimers" some love when you encounter them, IMHO.

True, Cryptic. I frequently come across older, unrewarded reviews because my attention has been drawn to a perfume's page by a newer review - I always give a belated reward.
Another reason for missed reviews is because only the last two show up immediately on the home page, with the ones preceding being shuffled off by the most recent two. I'm in a different time zone to most northern hemisphere members so a lot of activity seems to happen overnight and reviews have moved on before I've read them.
BTW, I recently organised my collection by colour as well, purely for aesthetic reasons. Ideally, I would organise by genre, more useful for me, but I don't want to break up my currently pretty display!
10 years ago
Triffid, if you click on the Latest Reviews link you'll get the whole timeline of reviews and can scroll through all of them (not recommended with the high number of pages Wink ).
10 years ago
Cybernoir:
is there a place on parfumo that goes over all the features, i am having a tough go of it. (...)
i have a pretty steep learning curve here. is there an overview of features?

No, there is no feature tour. And I too believe some kind of how-to would be helpful. I kept discovering features for months after joining ... Anyway, do let us know whatever feature it is you are wondering about.
10 years ago
Franfan20:
Triffid, if you click on the Latest Reviews link you'll get the whole timeline of reviews and can scroll through all of them (not recommended with the high number of pages Wink ).

Thanks Franfan, I was aware of this feature but I forget to use it - I'm always distracted by the new ones!
10 years ago
I'm marveling at the features here at parfumo and trying to learn them. May I ask a question? What happens when you "subscribe" to another member?
10 years ago
ScentFan: If you subscribe to other members, you can change the settings of the display of reviews in the timeline to only those you've subscribed to.
10 years ago
Thanks, Franfan20!
10 years ago
I like the Assistant feature.
9 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Cybernoir:
is there a place on parfumo that goes over all the features, i am having a tough go of it. (...)
i have a pretty steep learning curve here. is there an overview of features?

No, there is no feature tour. And I too believe some kind of how-to would be helpful. I kept discovering features for months after joining ... Anyway, do let us know whatever feature it is you are wondering about.

I thought about gathering up all the different posts I have found as I explore in one place for myself. Perhaps I'll organize it and send it to admin incase they want to use it. I should have time this weekend to clean up my notes.
Voting for a scent 9 years ago
I have found how to vote for sillage, longevity, whether or not I have it, but I cannot see how to update my vote to SCENT.

Is this a separate vote (i.e. one star ok, five starts great) or does it update from the votes on sillage, longevity et cetera.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.
9 years ago
Rating the scent happens above the toolbar
Arrow
Rate: xxxxx %
7 years ago
Just discovered this thread, very helpful! Would be nice as a sticky Wink
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community A special request to the new users
26 - 40 by 40
Jump to