Search Forum

To start a "Like" Parfumo.net on Facebook Campaign

1 - 25 by 29
To start a "Like" Parfumo.net on Facebook Campaign 11 years ago
On the Perfume Page of your favorite perfume, say, "Shalimar" is an option to like that perfume on your Facebook Timeline.

Like so:

Simply click on the "f" symbol in the upper right hand corner, and a small window appears - click on "Share Link" - and the "Shalimar" bottle plus a reference to www.parfumo.com will land on your Facebook Timeline.
You may want to write an accompagnying message.

If we do this each day, more eyes will be directed to www.parfumo.com, as the International site is still in want of a large membership which the German site already has, simply because it exists longer.
Last edited by Pipette on 27.06.2013, 14:09; edited 1 time in total
Good advertising means 11 years ago
- SIGNAGE -

If possible, go to the Parfumo Facebook page and copy/paste the logo,

those four leaves with the pastel colors.
Re: Let's start a "Like" Parfumo.net on Facebook C 11 years ago
Pipette:

If we do this each day, more eyes will be directed to www.parfumo.com, as the International site is still in want of a large membership which the German site already has, simply because it exists longer.

It's not only the length of time. It's also that the German side runs features, interviews, lots of news articles, and contests.

On the international side there are really only reviews. That's the explanation, I think, for the big difference in popularity of the two sites.

To get more traffic, Parfumo.net will need to start translating and posting features. Otherwise, nothing will change because only those who are already insiders know about the comment on reviews feature which distinguishes this site from others.

Cool
Translators are needed ... From German to English 11 years ago
So that the International site www.parfumo.com is noticed by outside eyes, via Facebook or other venues, it has to have attractive content.

Sherapop is absolutely right.

Off Topic, just a bit ...

In House Translators are needed.

There are countless good reviews on the German site and the same perfumes on the International site are sitting there bare ...

On the suggestion of Apicius, I am currently busy translating content of German reviews. Naturally I picked an author with a style that I am able to render a good (never perfect because the theme is subjective) translation. It is necessary to capture the feeling of the original author.

We can make the International site sparkle if we translate good material from the German site, which is already sitting there.

***Such good content could then be appreciated by the rest of the non-German speaking international world.***
Sherapop:
To get more traffic, Parfumo.net will need to start translating and posting features. Otherwise, nothing will change because only those who are already insiders know about the comment on reviews feature which distinguishes this site from others.

Cool
Good point Shera. Have you seen this post on the German site?
Re: Translators are needed ... From German to English 11 years ago
Pipette:
On the suggestion of Apicius, I am currently busy translating content of German reviews. Naturally I picked an author with a style that I am able to render a good (never perfect because the theme is subjective) translation. It is necessary to capture the feeling of the original author.
Sounds like fun to work with this author, Pipette.
MiaTrost:
Sherapop:

Cool

No, it was my original observation. Must be true, if other people are saying the same thing on the other side!

Laughing
Let the International members brainstorm, too 11 years ago
I have seen that Brainstorming invitation. Terrific. Everybody has some good ideas, when asked for action ...

The Tour shows cute features for amusement ... the First Page houses content that is not available for the English speaking members, nor for outside non-German speaking viewers.

Especially the Blog-Articles of members Louce/Ronin are terrific both in content and photos = food for thought plus eye candy !
MiaTrost:

www.parfumo.de/tour

Yes, a while ago, Don has come up with the idea that we should have a kind of appetizer for new visitors. A little ppt-presentation that simply shows what you can do at Parfumo.

I think, for a first time visitor, it is not quite self-explaining what Parfumo is all about and why one should join. The Parfumo Tour seems to be a bit work in progress at the moment but once it is ready, I am sure we will have an English version of it here as well.
Just saying ... 11 years ago
To show newbies a Virtual Tour about bottles, is not capturing what Parfumo really is ...

namely, a group of intelligent perfumistas and everything moves, nothing is stationary.

Whoever reads, should just plunge in and swim with the rest.

Parfumo is part of a larger entity in the internet. Call it the Blogosphere.

Links get everyone from spot to spot to spot, inside the realm of the internet.

(Lately I skimmed the subject of "Statistics" - Parfumo is a "sample" and the "population" is the whole wide world of Perfumistas.)
11 years ago
Perfumistas are drawn to the best. You will find the numbers swelling naturally if you are. It looks pretty good so far and I haven't been here long.
11 years ago
Lisky:
On publicity - some of us can't use Facebook, but Twitter is a good way of spreading
news?

Edit
Not a great tweeter, but just uploaded the petals logo as my avatar after cleaning up in Aperture & it's not amazing, but present Smile

I am not sure whether you are permitted to use the PARFUMO copyrighted logo as your personal avatar on Twitter.

Better check with Management.
11 years ago
No worries, feel free to use the Parfumo logo. Smile
My battle with Facebook 11 years ago
Okay, so I am clicking on to the small f symbol on the perfume page of so-and-so perfume and want to link/share it to Facebook.
I do that, successfully, but after a day or so, my posts vanish from my News Feed.
The reason could be that I, myself, also have put a "hide" on ads that I don't want to see on my News Feed. And, there are many. So, I hide them. They keep coming back. I hide them again.
This is of lesser importance than my attempts to link/share the www.parfumo.com website, for the Facebook eyes to see.

Well, I am smarter than Facebook, and how? Just putting into the Status Box at the top the words, and I believe Facebook cannot censor words, like so:

What's on your mind?

Go to:

www.parfumo.com

That brings up a nice reference.
See, I AM smarter than the computer. Brain, brain, brain.
Last edited by Pipette on 09.06.2013, 13:26; edited 1 time in total
Tweets on TWITTER 11 years ago
TWITTER can also be used to advertise.

On the Perfume Page with an extra nice review (your own), you can click on the little Twitter symbol on the upper right corner.
A window opens and you can connect the Perfume Page (with a reference to www.parfumo.com) to Twitter.

It will appear among your, and everyone else's, tweets.

I cannot show the link because my Twitter account is private, but you get the idea.

============================================== ===============

One Tweet per day, if others can advertise, so can I.

The Tweet reads: "Follow the perfumistas - it's a nice place."
www.parfumo.com

============================================== ================

First rule in advertising: Tell them, tell them, and tell them again.
My battle with Facebook 11 years ago
Let the best man (woman) win!
I put links to Parfumo.net and Parfumo.de on my News Feed Page. Sometimes they DISAPPEAR and are relegated to my Time Line.

Okay, somebody at Facebook management takes the PARFUMO ad away, I post it again in a different shape.

Meanwhile other stores' ads flood in, and I HIDE them and they stop coming.

Let's see who has the last word.
11 years ago
I can't take the ads anymore at FB. I'm on vacation from that site.

Rolling Eyes
To make the links less obvious works better. 11 years ago
The minute I put the LOGO of Parfumo, after a few hours or so someone at Facebook Management will take it down.

But, they don't touch text in the "Status Box", so there I will continue to advertise.

In there, the links placed by me are the URL of the Perfume Description Page. That covers the whole situation and brings onto Facebook the Perfume Page of whatever perfume, plus the rest of Parfumo.

Posts where I have just clicked on the f symbol and shared a link are not guaranteed to stay put on the wicked Facebook.

But, I am smarter than the "computer", we shall see.
11 years ago
Why not create an open group - "Parfumo-whatever-you-like"... there can be introduced the URL, to talk about and promote whatever you want; can be arranged so that the group and the status are always on top of your page
11 years ago
I don't use facebook but doesn't it have an image section at the top? You could convert the logo to an image file and say what you like. It would always remain at the top.
11 years ago
WolfM:
Why not create an open group - "Parfumo-whatever-you-like"... there can be introduced the URL, to talk about and promote whatever you want; can be arranged so that the group and the status are always on top of your page

PARFUMO has already a Facebook page, but there is not much action on it.

I am purposely promoting Parfumo (both sites) whenever one of my translations is finished.

But when I typed into the Status Box, a text like: "Curious about out-of-the ordinary perfumes? There is another great review, freshly translated, on the German site of Parfumo, the IN spot for Perfumistas - and the link",

that entry

got relegated to my Time line and disappeared from the News Feed.

So I put the idea back into the top box again, with just a link, like:
______________________________________________ ____________________
What's on your mind?
This:
The Great Life
www.parfumo.de/Parfums/Histoires_de_Parfum_s/1 889_Moulin_Rouge
______________________________________________ ____________________

Let's see now.

I would gladly put more links to Parfumo into the Internet, just don't know HOW.

Also, on top of this very page here, there are only 376 Likes, so what the heck? There are certainly more than 376 members active who could put a Like.

What I would like to see happen, is a concerted effort to put more Links into the Internet, so that with Google Search the place comes up and more members join a good thing.

Since by the Statistics on www.trafficestimate.com Facebook is the most visited place and has the Alexa Rank of 1,
does it not come to reason that mentioning PARFUMO would get a lot of eyes viewing a well placed link?
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community To start a "Like" Parfumo.net on Facebook Campaign
1 - 25 by 29
Jump to