Search Forum

Something along the lines of Lubin Gin Fizz please

Something along the lines of Lubin Gin Fizz please 10 years ago
Hello all! As usual I come bearing questions!
My hubby took a liking to Lubin's Gin Fizz and since it's going to be his birthday soon, it seems like an obvious choice for a fragrant gift. Unfortunately there's a note in GF that annoys the hell out of yours truly. Can't quite place the rogue component but there it is. So I guess I'm looking for something similarly hesperidic and aromatic, but essentially... better. Sans the metallic screech that kills Lubin's offering for me. To be honest I also wouldn't mind for it to be somewhat richer and more complex. This genre is really not something I usually look into, so I'm truly lost here and will appreciate any suggestions.
10 years ago
Penhaligons Juniper Sling is great. It has a beautiful Juniper topnote, although for me it then has a dominant pepper note which takes over from the Juniper quite early in to the development. It also has vetiver and it has an ambery leathery drydown which sits very close to the skin but is long lasting.

There is also Pell Wall Perfumes Gin and Lime. I have never smelled it.

PS: I hope that it is isn't Juniper that your husband dislikes!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Something along the lines of Lubin Gin Fizz please
Jump to