Search Forum

Micallef Yellow Sea

Micallef Yellow Sea 12 years ago
What do you folks think about this one?

I like most from the house of Micallef. Some are a little subdued and some are tuned perfectly. Yellow Sea works terrific on my skin and is a bit different than anything else in my wardrobe.
12 years ago
Oh, yes, Yellow Sea is a typical Micallef fragrance. It is mellow and opulent and yet has a certain conservative touch. The top note always reminds me of the slightly creamy taste of papaya, or even avocado!

It is not sportive or dynamic, and I like to wear it in winter or fall.

Being part of the "Sea" series, it comes in these special, hand-made flacons. At Micallef, they paint the ornaments by hand, and they also decorate it with those little Svarovski stones! Whenever the Micallefs come to a perfume fair, they usually show how this is done by preparing some of their bottles live. Besides their custom made perfume bottles, the Sea series flacons are probably the most elaborate they ever produced.

Last year, I had the chance to talk with Mr. Nejman, Martine Micallefs husband, at the annual Düsseldorf perfume fair. He told me that the Sea series perfumes were going to be discontinued. Referring to the Art Collection, he said that Micallef had released a number of new perfumes, and they want to keep it a family run company. As they are becoming more successful, they decided not to grow but simply keep on with what they are doing. So, if new fragrances are released, I guess others will have to be discontinued.

At the moment, you can still get the Sea series perfumes, i.e. at First in Fragrance, and the prices have dropped by about 50 %! This is an unmistakable sign for discontinuation. I strongly advise anybody to buy now!
12 years ago
Nice reply Apicius. I completely agree.
12 years ago
I found it unspectacular and the 'honeyed' vibe really puts me off.
12 years ago
My experience with Micallef has been perfumes drowning in patchouli. Not my cup of tea.
12 years ago
The only Micallef I've tried is "Black Sea"--and I liked it a lot. I saw some really old Micallefs going for nearly nothing at fragrancenet.com, but they seem to be launches from many years ago, before the company became considered niche.

Maybe I should follow Apicius' advice and go ASAP to Aus Liebe zum Duft to grab myself a bottle of Black Sea while I still can!
Wink
12 years ago
Sherapop:
The only Micallef I've tried is "Black Sea"--and I liked it a lot. I saw some really old Micallefs going for nearly nothing at fragrancenet.com, but they seem to be launches from many years ago, before the company became considered niche.

Maybe I should follow Apicius' advice and go ASAP to Aus Liebe zum Duft to grab myself a bottle of Black Sea while I still can!
Wink
Strange, Fragrancenet seems to ship everywhere in the EU except Germany! So, no old Micallef for me!
12 years ago
Apicius:
Sherapop:

Wink
Strange, Fragrancenet seems to ship everywhere in the EU except Germany! So, no old Micallef for me!

Apicius, if you are interested in some of those, I'd be happy to pick some up for you... Just let me know. Cool
12 years ago
Sherapop:
Apicius:
Sherapop:

Wink

Apicius, if you are interested in some of those, I'd be happy to pick some up for you... Just let me know. Cool

I just checked: they have #11, #21, and #31, one of which is said to be for men. Since they're almost free, I think that I'll just buy them and send you decants. Laughing
12 years ago
Sadly I never tried the Micallef Line then i read your Review on Yellow Sea Made me more curious about the Line since i'm not a huge citric fan i thought i'll pass the yellow but i read Shera's Post that she tried Black Sea and i looked it up I Feel in Love with the Note Composition
and Had Saffron One of my Favorite Notes so Never judge a book by it's Cover.
12 years ago
Sherapop:
Sherapop:
Apicius:
Sherapop:

Wink

I just checked: they have #11, #21, and #31, one of which is said to be for men. Since they're almost free, I think that I'll just buy them and send you decants. Laughing
Sherapop, that would be great! I was interested in the men's fragrance (#31 I think) they have. Let's share it if you are also interested, (but also the costs please). Thanks a lot in advance!
12 years ago
My pleasure, Apicius. I'll sniff them before we undertake any sort of swap, etc., just in case... Rolling Eyes

And I definitely will not write "Art Objects--glass" on the customs form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink
11 years ago
Wow, my first time patrolling the forums here and look what I find, an albeit old thread, but a thread indeed on my favorite from Micallef, Yellow Sea. I always thought this one never got the attention it deserved. Quite the classy scent that has a somewhat similar vibe to scents like Dia Man from Amouage (another favorite). I am happy to own a bottle already, but if anyone finds excess stock or a sample, I strongly recommend getting a sniff if at all possible because Yellow Sea is Micallef at her best, IMO.
11 years ago
Drseid:
Wow, my first time patrolling the forums here and look what I find, an albeit old thread, but a thread indeed on my favorite from Micallef, Yellow Sea. I always thought this one never got the attention it deserved. Quite the classy scent that has a somewhat similar vibe to scents like Dia Man from Amouage (another favorite). I am happy to own a bottle already, but if anyone finds excess stock or a sample, I strongly recommend getting a sniff if at all possible because Yellow Sea is Micallef at her best, IMO.
And don't miss the others of the Sea series:

Black see: a dry amber with a discreet appeal
White Sea: a light and elegant herbal patchouli reminiscent of the vintage Givenchy Gentleman
Red Sea: Orange blossom and rose blend into a red berry style perfume, spiced up with something dirty (cumin?)
11 years ago
Apicius:
Drseid:
And don't miss the others of the Sea series:

Black see: a dry amber with a discreet appeal
White Sea: a light and elegant herbal patchouli reminiscent of the vintage Givenchy Gentleman
Red Sea: Orange blossom and rose blend into a red berry style perfume, spiced up with something dirty (cumin?)

Agree. I own White Sea, along with Yellow Sea and love that one too. Black Sea was a very nice scent that I could not quite bring myself to purchase, but certainly can appreciate. Red Sea is my nemesis with the Seas collection due to that dirty cumin note you mentioned that I have a real aversion to. That ruined it for me, but the others in the collection are all great, IMO.
11 years ago
This is my No.1. Very well blended, smooth, elegant and luxurious scent. I love it. Better than LIDGE Wink
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Micallef Yellow Sea
Jump to