Search Forum

Oakmoss buys?

Oakmoss buys? 10 years ago
With the new perfume/IFRA rules which oakmoss perfumes do I buy before they are all unavailable/not sold anymore?
10 years ago
I would not worry too much. Adjustments will be made.

Already there are some great chypres, like "Chypre Palatin" by MDCI Paris and "Chypre Mousse (2013)" by Oriza L. Legrand; see Kafka for the latter one.
10 years ago
Unfortunately if you are looking for current offerings featuring oakmoss that ship has sailed... I *will* say that I concur with the Chypre Mousse recommendation (Chypre Palatin did not have enough of the stuff to capture my attention).

I would also recommend seeking out Azemour by Parfum d'Empire. I found a significant quantity still in that composition and it smells quite good on the whole.

If looking for vintages with oakmoss the options are endless, but my reference is vintage Captain by Molyneux. That composition is *loaded* with the stuff.
Last edited by Drseid on 25.07.2014, 08:37; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
The current version of Sisley's "Eau du Soir" is a really lovely Chypre that reminds a bit of Mitsouko.
Others I've identified, but may not have tested yet are here: www.parfumo.com/Users/ScentFan/Collection/Cust 2
6 years ago
Pipette:
I would not worry too much. Adjustments will be made.

I wish that was true, but I do have serious doubts about it pending the EU's slaughter of even low-atranol oakmoss. Sad

Diaghilev (Parfum)Diaghilev Parfum and MaaiMaai both feature a wonderful oakmoss.
I also recommend "La Perla (1987) (Eau de Toilette)" or, with almost as pronounced an oakmoss note, "La Perla (2013) (Eau de Toilette)".
Notify about new comments
Jump to