Search Forum

Some rare finds of Guerlain - listen up!

Some rare finds of Guerlain - listen up! 10 years ago
Apicius mentioned this website in another discussion -

www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/index.ph p?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=186&pr oduct_id=686

and I got hooked, and busy, and the rest is history. I found a hard to come by "Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille" and risked ordering a bottle from Kuwait City. (More elaborations in a German blog article on the twin site.)

Not to be overlooked are some rare finds under the Guerlain brand, hidden between make-up. If (how they say) the items are authentic, the prices are well worth the vintage rarities. Proceed at your own risk, but here is the link:

www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/index.ph p?route=product/manufacturer/product&manufactu rer_id=16&page=3

There is Shalimar bath oil, vintage Jicky, Un Air de Samsara, Mahora and more on the four (4) pages of Guerlain items, hidden between their generic oil copies and Guerlain make-up items.

I am wondering whether these finds are too good to be true, and I will let everyone know how my purchase with "Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille" checked out. I just had to grab it. It was discontinued by Guerlain because it actually sold too well - Coriolon has published a blog article in German on the twin site.
10 years ago
I ordered my back up of Iris Ganache from there last year with no problems at all. I also know of many other people who have ordered with no problems.

I have been eyeing of the Meteorites perfume for a while Laughing .
10 years ago
I have my eyes on Shalimar "bath extract" on the Guerlain brand section. If that is an oil, the effect could be nice. It will not be used in bath water, but on the pulse points, of course.

The whole website puzzles me a bit. The languages can be set into English, German, Russian and Arabic. However, the prices are still quoted in dollars and also the shipping is a definite flat rate, per item, in dollars.

When I ordered from Zahra's Boutique in the Middle East, the shipping rates varied according to weight. That makes sense.

Here, one flat rate. Then, where is the merchandise, where is it stored, and is the storage adequate to preserve the precious items?

However, by a fluke, there seem to be treasures there among other sundry items, I noticed a L'heure bleue, except that is not my "cup of tea".

I will keep you current.
10 years ago
Thank you, Pipette! I ordered the vintage L'Heure Blue and an "old formula" Samsara. Will report. Can't wait for them to arrive.
10 years ago
I published a blog article re this company and situation on the German site and two people said they were satisfied.

I have my eyes on "C'est la vie" which is also a discontinued treasure. As soon as I have enough money, the order goes out. Before it disappears from there, also.

I received an order status report from Kuwait and delivery may take between 2-4 weeks.

Will let everyone know how this runs.

(This laptop computer skips spaces, my grandson is sleeping, and I am in a hurry.)
9 years ago
Pipette and all, I wanted to let you know that my purchases arrived and the vintage L'Heure Bleue is the real thing! I right now have the current version on my right wrist and the vintage purchase from this place on the left. NO comparison! Thank goodness it's 93 ml because this is going to be USED. I wrote a review of the current L"Heure Bleue, but THIS is beyond beautiful. Thanks so much for the link. I can confirm this place is legit. I placed the order on 9/23 and the perfume arrived last week, so it took about a month. There was no tracking or status info at all, but the result was worth it!

I also purchased what I thought was vintage Samsara, but it turned out to be un Air de Samsara. Not much to write home about. Luckily it didn't cost much.
9 years ago
thank you for the info.
I was looking at this site and had some doubts about authenticity. I was checking the Montales, and on one of the pictures of the bottom of a box, I saw mistakes in the English printed text. I think it was the Chocolate Greedy. I haven't seen the Montales so I can't compare, but would a reputable house let a mistake like that slip?

http://www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/i mage/cache/data/Abo%20Ali/IMG_0878-500x500.jpg
9 years ago
Like I may have mentioned elsewhere, they sent me the wrong thing. Instead of "Acqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille" they sent the next best item. It was "Lavande Velours". I did not want to go through the rigomarole of sending back the wrong item but I am through with them. Beware. Use your own judgment.

On the German site, many orders were successfully filled and nobody has complaints.

Oh well ...
Last edited by Pipette on 18.11.2014, 20:24; edited 1 time in total
9 years ago
Unfortunately, it's the slip seen round the world. The same mangled text is on the bottom of my Montale Jasmin Full, which I purchased here in the USA from LuckyScent, a very reputable supplier.

Eurochic:
thank you for the info.
I was looking at this site and had some doubts about authenticity. I was checking the Montales, and on one of the pictures of the bottom of a box, I saw mistakes in the English printed text. I think it was the Chocolate Greedy. I haven't seen the Montales so I can't compare, but would a reputable house let a mistake like that slip?

http://www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/i mage/cache/data/Abo%20Ali/IMG_0878-500x500.jpg
9 years ago
Thank you ScentFan for these pictures. That is reassuring.
But also a bit worrying that Montale are allowing these errors on their bottles.
Confused
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Some rare finds of Guerlain - listen up!
Jump to