Search Forum

Horizon by Guy Laroche, how is the dry down?

Horizon by Guy Laroche, how is the dry down? 10 years ago
Can anyone tell me what the dry down of "Horizon" by Guy Laroche is like?

Should I expect a somewhat synthetic oakmoss + some sharp patchouli?

What kind of moss and what kind of patchouli should I expect? How much of each?

Let me know Smile
Re: Horizon by Guy Laroche, how is the dry down? 9 years ago
Sleuth:
Can anyone tell me what the dry down of "Horizon" by Guy Laroche is like?

Should I expect a somewhat synthetic oakmoss + some sharp patchouli?

What kind of moss and what kind of patchouli should I expect? How much of each?

Let me know Smile

I like the late stages of Horizon's dry-down quite a bit. It definitely has an 80s type, dark dry-down that is decisively masculine. Horizon is a 80s-to-90s transition fragrance, and I would argue that one aspect of it that is more 80s than 90s is its late dry-down. (By contrast, I find the opening more 90s with the mint and the sea breeze note.) The opening, and in fact the first half of the overall life-cycle, seems to be challenging to some. People variably define it as "medicinal", "synthetic", "confused", "eclectic", "trying to do too many things at once", etc. There are amounts of truth to possibly all of those arguments, but none too grave as to write Horizon off, I think. And none of these points, in my opinion, apply as readily to the second half of the life-cycle as they do to the first.

For one things, I do not get anything strikingly synthetic in the late dry-down. Yes, there is moss and patchouli, and some sandalwood for good measure; you know, the usual good stuff that makes up a textbook old-school masculine dry-down. But your questions along the lines of "how much", "what kind" are a bit hard to answer, at least for me. My "too little" may be your "too much" or vice versa. All I can say is, for me there is not much, if anything that is synthetic in the dry down, and neither of moss and patchouli smell either too over the top or too weak. I find it to be a good, solid dry-down. In fact, now that I think more about it, I would say I wear Horizon for the late dry-down, rather than any other phase.
Last edited by MichVaillant on 03.02.2015, 04:32; edited 1 time in total
9 years ago
Thanks, this is really useful!

I had not expected that anyone would reply anymore Smile
9 years ago
You are welcome; my pleasure, indeed.

By the way, I just realized that the forum editor adds links to fragrances if words are put in quotes, such as "sea breeze", which obviously was not my intention. Smile
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Horizon by Guy Laroche, how is the dry down?
Jump to