Search Forum

A special request to the new users

1 - 25 by 40
A special request to the new users 11 years ago 1
I have a special request to the new users who came over recently from Fragrantica:

Please make yourself acquainted with those features of Parfumo that are not available over there.

Especially, I would like you to have a look at the perfume review section. Below each review, there is a 'Reply' button. People take a lot of effort to write good and interesting reviews, so please drop a few words once in a while.

An even quicker way of giving some feedback is the little 'Award' button. Don't be stingy with the awards, please tick them even if the author is not ready for the Pulitzer prize. It simply means that you like what you have read, and the author will know that his or her review has been read by somebody!

Something else - the Assistant! This section of Parfumo can give you valuable information with its personal statistics. If you tell Parfumo your daily wear, you will be very surprised about the result after a while. You can tell Parfumo what you wear by ticking the little grey spray bottle icon that you find on every perfume page.
11 years ago
There are so many great features here....I am slightly overwhelmed! LOL
Still trying to get familiar with everything.
Also a great opportunity to finally organize my mess of a collection.
I am going to add one house at a time and organize the actual bottles by the house .....because I don't know anymore what I have, which makes Ebay hunting dangerous Evil or Very Mad
11 years ago
Hello!

I am really new here so I'm still exploring. I just take it slow with technology - I just about managed to set a profile pic for myself Smile I hope this message reply works...

Anyway, I have been to Basenotes and Fragrantica. I like the reviews mostly. I found out about your site through Basenotes. I have to say that I like the format of your reviews much more than the others - there is more useful info and detail. Also, the quality of the reviews is very high - I feel like the info is trustworthy as you can get given that fragrance is subjective and personal. I'm a long time fan of Sherapop so to see her here is fantastic.
11 years ago
Just take your time to discover everything. And do not hesitate to ask either me or any other mod if you have any questions.
11 years ago
Thank you Smile I'm enjoying myself so far. Will try not to break anything haha. I'm pretty excited because I just changed the background on my page. That's a fun feature!
11 years ago
Perfumecrazy:
Anyway, I have been to Basenotes and Fragrantica. I like the reviews mostly. I found out about your site through Basenotes. I have to say that I like the format of your reviews much more than the others - there is more useful info and detail. Also, the quality of the reviews is very high - I feel like the info is trustworthy as you can get given that fragrance is subjective and personal. I'm a long time fan of Sherapop so to see her here is fantastic.
I am also glad Sherapop is here.

For me, putting into words what I smell is the main attraction of this hobby, and I am glad that Parfumo focusses on the reviews so much. I have put my thoughts about perfume reviews into a How-To in my blog:

http://www.parfumo.com/Users/Apicius/Blog
11 years ago
That is really helpful - it is the biggest challenge to put feelings and thoughts about perfume into words. The easy part is buying the perfumes haha.

Your blog piece will hopefully assist me with inspiration and technique. I admire - like, really ADMIRE - people who do it well. I rely on their guidance. So - thanks to all the great reviewers. Hats off to you Smile
11 years ago
Olga1780:
I am going to add one house at a time and organize the actual bottles by the house ...

Olga, you can enter any bottles in any order because your perfumes will automatically be arranged by house alphabetically. No need to do it manually.

Also, there are 2 ways you can view your wardrobe:
- as a picture gallery with all the bottles shown (blue bottles being those still needing a picture in the database)
Or
- as a written list, which is great to quickly see what you have from each house.
11 years ago
Oh, thanks, Dolby! This is awesome! Makes things a lot easier. I was hesitant to add bottles randomly because I noticed you can't shuffle them around.
11 years ago
I take it that I'm the only freak who likes to arrange their wardrobe according to color? Okay, then. Crying or Very sad
11 years ago
There are some great new features here and those extra shelves have really clarified my thinking by helping me sort my wardrobe out. I like the way bottles are alphabetically arranged by default. But I do agree it would be great to have the option of sorting by colour for those who have the knack for it.

My biggest question at this point is how do I upload images to the forum?
11 years ago
Seatonica:

Hi Sea,

Click "Img" which you find together with the Bold etc above your message box, paste your image address, then click Img again (it will not be *Img)

Always find it best to do a Preview before posting.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I take it that I'm the only freak who likes to arrange their wardrobe according to color? Okay, then. Crying or Very sad

Thankfully you have lots of redeeming qualities! Very HappyLaughing
11 years ago
Dolby:
Seatonica:

Hi Sea,

Click "Img" which you find together with the Bold etc above your message box, paste your image address, then click Img again (it will not be *Img)

Always find it best to do a Preview before posting.

Does this mean that you first post your image at photobucket or somewhere else? Or can you post directly from your machine? Sorry, I have not figured this feature out yet. lol Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
A Facebook fragrance friend of mine recently remarked that one reason she still went to Fragrantic was because you could not search by notes for perfumes at Parfumo. I disabused her of that false belief, but I wonder if others are unaware that clicking on ADVANCED (to the right of the search box) leads you to a place where you can search perfumes by perfumer, notes, house, country, etc.?

Needless to say: another splendid feature here at Parfumo!
Smile
11 years ago
Sherapop:
A Facebook fragrance friend of mine recently remarked that one reason she still went to Fragrantic was because you could not search by notes for perfumes at Parfumo. I disabused her of that false belief, but I wonder if others are unaware that clicking on ADVANCED (to the right of the search box) leads you to a place where you can search perfumes by perfumer, notes, house, country, etc.?

Needless to say: another splendid feature here at Parfumo!
Smile

I'm very glad you mentioned this as I was going to ask if it was possible. Thank you.
11 years ago
Just realized there is a drop-down box providing different options for ordering my wardrobe shelves! Is this a new function or am I blind? Just another great feature - thank you!
11 years ago
Seatonica:
Just realized there is a drop-down box providing different options for ordering my wardrobe shelves! Is this a new function or am I blind? Just another great feature - thank you!
Well, you all should look at the new features thread once in a whie! Wink
www.parfumo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=513
11 years ago
Found that thread after I posted here Hope the board gets a Parfumo section soon Smile
11 years ago
Yey a Parfumo section! Thank you Very Happy
11 years ago
There are a lot of fantastic reviews in the system with no awards, probably because they were written back when the site was young and fewer members were around to read them. It's nice to show the "oldtimers" some love when you encounter them, IMHO.
11 years ago
Hi Everyone! OMG this site is going to take me a while to get to know!
11 years ago
Hi there! Have fun trying everything out. If one of your perfumes isn't in the database already, it will be soon if you add it to the "Missing Perfumes" thread. Smile
11 years ago
I love the blog section. There is so much more to perfumes than smelling good. Much love and appreciation to those who make it all happen and to those who spend time writing articles that we all can learn from.
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I love the blog section. There is so much more to perfumes than smelling good. Much love and appreciation to those who make it all happen and to those who spend time writing articles that we all can learn from.

+1...for sure.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community A special request to the new users
1 - 25 by 40
Jump to