Carvi & Jardin de Figuier (2017)

Carvi & Jardin de Figuier by 100BON

Carvi & Jardin de Figuier is a perfume by 100BON for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesYellow mandarin, Fig, Blood orange, Raspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Jasmine, Rose, Caraway
Base Notes Base NotesWhite cedar, Suede, Creamy notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 31.03.2019

7.0 5.0 7.0 5.5/10

I don't do DELF
My daughter parliert meanwhile quite lively in French and has already the one or other DELF certificate in the bag, which confirms the progress with the language acquisition highly officially. As an old Greek, I had no idea what "Carvi" was, of course, and looked at her in disbelief when she translated the term. Who packs caraway and figs together?

I was a bit nasty before the test, so I'm completely with the previous speaker. But at least the prelude does not justify the concerns. The fig is much clearer - and successful on top of that. Immediately (how could it be any different for the cream friends of 100BON) there is something creamy and creamy underneath. Maybe almond milk? But at the same time it also smells a bit spicy and bitter. And woody. More woody than spicy, actually. I should put aside the thought of caraway.

Let us rather enter the familiar 100BON terrain - as outlined above - after two hours the fragrance is predominantly fruity and creamy. Unfortunately, with a musty overtone that touches the gammelige. I had suspected before here and there (e.g. in 'Chambre Noire') that violets (leaves) with fruit sometimes develop a corrupting smell. So it may be today as well.

Surprisingly, the scent gets the hang of it. Nothing new happens for hours on end, but in the afternoon the remaining fig in its cream bed looks fresher again and has shaken off the rot. And since the cream in question has gained a milky touch on the side, I finally feel as if I have a strange smoothie on my skin. Oblique.

I'd like to thank Bellemorte for the rehearsal.
8.0 5.0 8.0 5.0/10

Caraway and fig garden
Carvi, this is the botanical name for the kitchen cumin. And that's what I've been waiting for with a certain scepticism.

However, the beginning is completely different, it first stings alcoholic in the nose, then it becomes very fruity after mandarins and oranges.

After a quarter of an hour a sweetheart comes and makes me a little perplexed. But then I know how I know this sweetheart: When I cook boiled potatoes, there is always some caraway seed in the cooking water. When the potatoes are ready, caraway smells the same. So there we have the caraway.

An hour later I mean to smell something flowery, it could be Rose. Even wood is slowly appearing. But it can't last long and Carvi & Jardin de Figuier is full of flowers.

Two hours later, the flowers can still be smelled, but something spicy and peppery is added and the woody comes out again.

But the whole thing seems artificial to me and the combination of flowery, spicy and woody reminds me of a pipe tobacco I used to smoke. I had imagined the fig garden differently.

Carvi & Jardin Figuier didn't convince me, it's not a bad scent, but neither my idea of caraway nor a fig garden was met.

In my opinion, the fragrance is rather feminine and can be worn in cool to warm temperatures. The Sillage is rather reserved to very close with a shelf life of eight hours.
5.0 5.0 5.0 4.0/10

Apricot/raspberry jam
Carvi & Jardin de Figuier is not so much about caraway or fig tree as the name may suggest. It mostly smells like sweet, borderline saccharine apricot/raspberry jam. There isn't much discernable fig, let alone green fig leaves. The flowers are not distinctive, either, and generally serve to enhance the jammy fruity sweetness.

The sillage is relatively close, and the longevity is short of 6 hours. For the price, I think Carvi & Jardin de Figuier is on par with most commercial sweet fruity floral. But it definitely is not a green fig type of fragrance.

Popular 100BON

Cèdre & Iris Soyeux by 100BON Myrrhe & Encens Mystérieux by 100BON Mimosa & Héliotrope Poudré by 100BON Bergamote & Rose Sauvage by 100BON Nagaranga & Santal Citronné by 100BON Davana & Vanille Bourbon by 100BON Eau de Thé & Gingembre by 100BON Néroli & Petit Grain Printanier by 100BON Carvi & Jardin de Figuier by 100BON Elemi & Ambre Noir by 100BON Tonka & Amande Absolue by 100BON Oud Wood & Amyris by 100BON Amaretto & Framboise Poudrée by 100BON Jasmin & Ylang Solaire by 100BON Gingembre & Vétiver Sensuel by 100BON Agrumes & Trésor Aromatique by 100BON Héliotrope & Amande Douce by 100BON Labdanum & Pur Patchouli by 100BON Cèdre & Néroli Lumineux by 100BON L'Eau du Parc by 100BON