Cèdre & Iris Soyeux (2017)

Cèdre & Iris Soyeux by 100BON

Cèdre & Iris Soyeux is a perfume by 100BON for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-powdery. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite cedar, Atlas cedar, Iris, Powder
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Frankincense, Tobacco, Benzoin

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.04.2019

7.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

The Refinement of the Noble
Candied orange in sugar water? It starts off powerfully sweet before a rough, nutty (vetiver!) overtone quickly provides relief. For the abundant sweetness, the tonka bean mentioned on the manufacturer's side is probably the central responsibility. Only very slowly can a powdery carrot iris get a smell. Meanwhile I smile at a distant note of cola, I think there's some combination of tobacco and sweet smoke behind it that reminds me briefly of Malbrum's Bengal tiger before a strong load of cream finishes the picture. A fine cream: Not too sweet, well ventilated rather by wood than by iris, because the latter is known to be on a carotene-powdery trail. A trace of bitterness also remained in the melange, the kind of bitter sweetness that would have made me guess myrrh instead of frankincense - and that fits the cola idea from above.

But the star is the wood, so the name of the fragrance points in the right direction. The Schnick thereby: If it already succeeds in refining artificial wood by adding iris, this should work even more with natural wood. And indeed, the refinement of the noble delivers a respectable result.

In the late morning this good impression is unfortunately a little clouded by a light plastic note. Too bad, because the topic powder iris was probably a little over-twisted. It also seems to me that vanilla is in the game today and in natural fragrances it probably likes to get a touch like that - which in this case also makes it clear that the active fragrance process is over. And in fact, not much happens after noon. The additions to the (skin)-creamy-woody basic structure, mainly smoke and a certain bitterness of tobacco because of me, are at most accompanying symptoms.

Conclusion: Refinement of the noble or not - I only find the scent quite beautiful, but it doesn't tear me from my seat. Gradually I have the feeling that the brand overall is somewhat creamy-heavy.

I'd like to thank Bellemorte for the rehearsal.
6.0 4.0 8.0 9.0/10

Nerolia
A delicate touch of orange cinnamon
During my visit to the drugstore I was irritated by the perfumery department: a whole floor full of variations of the same thing. Everything was too bright, too monotonous for me today. I went to the basement, to the natural cosmetics department. There, too, I tested myself through the offer. This, in turn, seemed to me to come more from a specialist book on aromatherapy: unbalanced citrus clouds and seemingly randomly mixed grass notes with a therapeutic undertone.
Then I saw on a shelf some simple flacons, very inconspicuously packed in brown cardboard: 100 Bon. To find out what's in there, you have to read it. The bottle doesn't jump into your face with a "buy me!" I picked up the tester and was happy: wonderfully delicate aromas, perfectly balanced.
Today "Cèdre & Iris Soyeux", "silky soft cedar and iris" was allowed to come along. That hits the scent very accurately.
After a very fast orange opening an illusion of cinnamon begins for me, finely pulverized. But a very fine orange aroma remains - more a longing than that it would actually be there. No tangy orange, no. More like the smell of long dried orange peels rubbed between your fingers. Over time, the woody-powdery base note wins, but lasts for a very long time. A scent just for me alone, and only when I want, so weak is the projection.
For me the ideal fragrance when everything is too much for me and I can't stand any other perfume.
This won't be the only 100Bon, because: "Ça sent bon!".
5.0 5.0 6.0 6.5/10

Decent cedar and iris
The opening of Cèdre & Iris Soyeux is such a nice surprise: flour-y woods with a touch of camphor and red berry fruitiness which recalls quite well the nuances that I perceive in Atlas cedar and Virginia cedar essential oils.

Initially, I can't really discern the iris. But as the cedar gradually mellows, the rooty woody nuance of iris becomes more apparent, but never overwhelms the whole composition. The flour-y wood of cedar eventually leaves its place to the clean iris, with just a tiny bit of slightly balsamic violet lipstick, quite subtle and elegant as a skin scent.

The sillage is initially moderate, but quickly drops close to the skin. The longevity is around 7 hours on me.

Although it might not be as striking as other more expensive iris or cedar fragrances, Cèdre & Iris Soyeux is very decent at this price point. Moreover, I find that it showcases certains aspects of cedar quite well. If you happen to be looking for an affordable, elegant and comfortable woody iris fragrance, I'd definitely recommend giving it a try.

Popular 100BON

Cèdre & Iris Soyeux by 100BON Myrrhe & Encens Mystérieux by 100BON Bergamote & Rose Sauvage by 100BON Nagaranga & Santal Citronné by 100BON Davana & Vanille Bourbon by 100BON Eau de Thé & Gingembre by 100BON Néroli & Petit Grain Printanier by 100BON Carvi & Jardin de Figuier by 100BON Mimosa & Héliotrope Poudré by 100BON Oud Wood & Amyris by 100BON Elemi & Ambre Noir by 100BON Tonka & Amande Absolue by 100BON Gingembre & Vétiver Sensuel by 100BON Héliotrope & Amande Douce by 100BON Agrumes & Trésor Aromatique by 100BON Amaretto & Framboise Poudrée by 100BON Labdanum & Pur Patchouli by 100BON Cèdre & Néroli Lumineux by 100BON Jasmin & Ylang Solaire by 100BON L'Eau du Parc by 100BON