Myrrhe & Encens Mystérieux 2017

Myrrhe & Encens Mystérieux by 100BON
Myrrhe & Encens Mystérieux is a popular perfume by 100BON for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is resinous-woody. It is still available to purchase.

Robertet

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Fresh notesFresh notes CinnamonCinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesMyrrhMyrrh PatchouliPatchouli PapyrusPapyrus
Base Notes Base NotesTonka beanTonka bean FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 31.07.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description
Now I remember!
Now I remember where I've seen the 100BONs standing around before: In Paris, at the Printemps department store. It just occurred to me, because in the statements below there is talk of a "bar in Oberpollinger with bottling stuff". We had found such a counter in the Printemps last year. And I had actually already tasted one or two 100BONs there. This one, among others. The fact that I know this exactly is, however, solely due to the name. After all, it's completely unthinkable that something that says "Myrrh" and "Encens" would go untested. I wouldn't have remembered the scent itself.

And now we're on the subject. Because the little water is zero-command mysterious, but straightforward and well-behaved. Quite sweet right from the start, what's cuddly and smoky about it and after a few minutes a sour and sour frankincense note comes out.

The dominant theme, however, is sweetness. Cinnamon fits - even though the manufacturer does not list it. A sugary-growing like amber note also adds sweetness - possibly the certain excess. In this overloaded mixture it does not surprise me that I have difficulties with the identification of the alleged tonka bean at first. I would have bet on vanilla, which by no means puts the basic statement into perspective.

Only in the afternoon a limonadige coumarinige Anmutung penetrates. She, in turn, doesn't do her thing badly. And funny, because coumarin-pritzeln, myrrh and frankincense-acid together make a little glass of cola, which I know similarly from some other scents, for example 'Rume' from Slumberhouse. This is the best phase in the fragrance process.

At the end, towards the late afternoon, the centre of gravity shifts clearly towards wood. So the sugar level in the second half is caught, but overall 'Myrrhe & Encens Mystérieux' is too sweet for me. And too obliging, without it having been possible, in return, to create the latter as a noble-decent universality.

I'd like to thank Bellemorte for the rehearsal.
Frankincense hides behind wood
Myrrh & Encens Mysterieux is another fragrance from 100Bon, which produces natural fragrances.

The beginning is fresh, slightly resinous and slightly sweet. I like that a lot.

Incense is gradually added and combines pleasantly with sweetness.

After a good hour, Myrrh & Encens Mysterieux then becomes pleasantly soft and woody, the incense withdraws completely for a while. The smell is now woody and a trace of sweetness I can still guess.

From the third hour on the incense appears every now and then, but it always hides behind the wood, so to speak, rather Myrrh & Encens Mysterieux becomes more and more resinous and powdery-sweet.

Myrrh & Encens Mysterieux is a successful fragrance that combines woody notes and myrrh with a light sweetness. I would like to wear it at cool, not too warm temperatures.

The Sillage is not too strong, but does not get too close too quickly. The durability is with me about six hours.

Great budget warm myrrh
On me, Myrrhe & Encens Mystérieux has a rather simple evolution. Like its name suggests, I got mainly creamy myrrh on my skin, while incense adds a bit of woody backbone. The myrrh here doesn't have much aldehydic nuance, but mainly the balmy, suave sweetness further enhanced by warm tonka bean. The incense here is not overly cold or spicy, either, just gets enough zest and structure to the otherwise resinous, creamy myrrh and tonka bean.

Myrrhe & Encens Mystérieux stays mostly close to skin for about 7 hours. Although it's hardly the most mysterious oriental fragrances, I find it a very versatile and approachable warm resinous fragrance, thanks to its simplistic development and gentle sillage, and especially great for the price. I'd definitely recommend it as a budget resinous myrrh fragrance.

Images

10 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by 100BON

Elemi & Ambre Noir by 100BON Tonka & Amande Absolue by 100BON Cèdre & Iris Soyeux by 100BON Mimosa & Héliotrope Poudré by 100BON Agrumes & Trésor Aromatique by 100BON Jasmin & Ylang Solaire by 100BON Eau de Thé & Gingembre by 100BON Gingembre & Vétiver Sensuel by 100BON Davana & Vanille Bourbon by 100BON Nagaranga & Santal Citronné by 100BON Amaretto & Framboise Poudrée by 100BON Labdanum & Pur Patchouli by 100BON Néroli & Petit Grain Printanier by 100BON 6.07 Iris d'Eau by 100BON Chap. 2 - Vétiver & Iris by 100BON Bergamote & Rose Sauvage by 100BON 6.12 Ambre Sensuel by 100BON Chap. 3 - Ambre & Tonka by 100BON Héliotrope & Amande Douce by 100BON Carvi & Jardin de Figuier by 100BON