Acqua Colonia Intense - Sunny Seaside of Zanzibar 2019

Acqua Colonia Intense - Sunny Seaside of Zanzibar by 4711
Acqua Colonia Intense - Sunny Seaside of Zanzibar is a new perfume by 4711 for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-creamy. It is being marketed by Mäurer & Wirtz.

Top Notes Top NotesWatermelon, Star anise
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrangipani, Coconut, Musk
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Cedarwood, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 16.09.2020.

Cologne meets island paradise
In the 4711 flagship store on Glockengasse in Cologne, it is always worth exploring new creations. And so I looked around there again more intensively last week. The brand launches the Intense series Kölnisch Wasser, which has a significantly longer shelf life and sillage than the classics of the house, which had to be constantly dabbed.
Sunny Seaside of Zanzibar lives up to his name. Coconut, watermelon, anise, and some exaggerated sweetness from frangipani and vanilla remind of cocktails served on the white beach of the islands off Tanzania under palm trees. Full sun, palm trees, sun oil and lightness. From the water of the Indian Ocean you can smell nothing.
Although I wouldn't object to a good cocktail at a beach bar. My choice would not fall on the creamy, sweet drinks created with coconut liqueur, especially not at high temperatures.
And it's the same with this fragrance. A strong creamy coconut tropical sweetness comes through, which is little masculine and comes along without any harsh accent.
There will be lovers of exactly these cocktails, there are sun worshippers who reach exactly for sun oil with coconut scent, exactly these should test Zanzibar.
And there are people like me who can't take much pleasure in either.
The fragrance evaporates quite quickly, is not too intrusive and retains the lightness of Acqua Colonia. Nevertheless, he remains present for a long time.
I really like the bottles of the series. They are reminiscent of crystal cut with colours depending on the mood of the modern Kölnisch Wasser.
The brand has succeeded in staying in conversation with new creations at prices that are honest without appearing cheap.
Lonely journey
Pieper gave me a sample with a handwritten cover.
Sunny seasick.
Sunny seasickness ?

While I'm still wondering a crossing from Ostend to Dover goes through my mind.

It was April, stormy - and the ship rolled powerfully.
My Anne and I staggered into the great dining room, but there was yawning emptiness.
However, four chefs dressed in white welcomed us joyfully.
They offered us delicious food, but we wanted chips with mayo and cola.
While eating we held our plates, the furniture was fortunately screwed down.
It was a strange feeling to sit so alone in this great hall.
Somehow spooky - but also somehow exclusive.

But then my bladder reported - the Coke had arrived.
We swayed to the toilets - but they were overflowing with passengers.
From one deck to another - the same picture everywhere.
Finally I called in my distress : I just need to pee !
A pale lady left her box and gave me a short admission.
I was grateful to her.

Anne and I then went to the outer deck in the seaman's corridor, watching the mighty breakers and the horizon moving up and down.

This memory makes me smile - and in the meantime I have also deciphered that it is sunny seaside instead of sunny seasick.

Sunny is the scent already - the coconut and the watermelon convey this - but I don't feel near the lake with this sweet scent.
I would have expected more aquatic.
But vanilla and woodiness lend silk a density close to the land.
Vetiver ground additionally.

A nice friendly fragrance - not annoying but also no must-have.
But for a shore leave in everyday life quite suitable.

by Gandix
Das Bild ist nicht so gelungen, aber die Farbe gefiel mir. Goldener Oktober.
by FrauLohse
by FrauLohse

Popular 4711

Remix Cologne Edition 2018 by 4711 Remix Cologne Anniversary Edition by 4711 Acqua Colonia Intense - Wakening Woods of Scandinavia by 4711 Acqua Colonia Blood Orange & Basil (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Lime & Nutmeg (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Remix Cologne Edition 2019 by 4711 Portugal (Eau de Toilette) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Mandarine & Cardamom (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Pink Pepper & Grapefruit (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser Floral Collection Jasmine by 4711 Acqua Colonia Coffee Bean & Vetyver by 4711 Acqua Colonia Vanilla & Chestnut by 4711 Carat (Parfum) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Myrrh & Kumquat by 4711 Sir - Canada Ceder (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Sir - Irisch Moos (Eau de Toilette) by 4711 Acqua Colonia White Peach & Coriander (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Rhubarb & Clary Sage by 4711 Nouveau Cologne by 4711