Acqua Colonia Intense - Wakening Woods of Scandinavia (2019)

Acqua Colonia Intense - Wakening Woods of Scandinavia by 4711

Acqua Colonia Intense - Wakening Woods of Scandinavia is a new perfume by 4711 for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is green-fresh. It is being marketed by Mäurer & Wirtz.

Geza Schön

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Coriander, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Osmanthus, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Frankincense, Fir absolute

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 10.07.2020.

MonsieurTest
Iso fir tree, Iso super tree, how nicely Geza's 3rd trick?
Refreshes not only for a short time,
No, you'll be ready in hours.
Oh Isobaum, oh Limobaum,
Can you please me very much?
Such an evergreen can also be sung off-season. Because for my taste, this pine scent fits better into the warmer season. With its slightly sweetish coriander lime green, this really special 4711, at least in my nose, has no Christmassy spice homeliness whatsoever.

After his all around fine Muscat Lime and his all-season Cologne with sparkling tangerines over cardamom&artificial wood, this forest scent is the third etude by avant-garde perfumer Geza Schön for the traditional house 4711: My nose is more Czerny than Chopin. For the fragrance is pleasing, but shows little development. Interesting and solid, original and wearable. Nobody has to kneel down here
Without Moss nix los, is the complaint of countless forest friends who are allergic to the (anti-allergic) oak moss bans of IFRA. There is definitely no moss in here. What is going on instead?

The forest awakening begins with a sweetish green prelude, in which only a subtle bitter orange (and for me no perceptible pepper) resonates. However, the prelude already exudes quite a limo vibe: a well-chilled Fanta, pimped with a pinch of coriander, in the middle of the Black Forest. This looks sporty, not old-fashioned. So more a nice blueberry pancake at the Grünhütte, than Grandhotel Bühlerhöhe or Traube in Tonbach. The fragrance seems young and has NOTHING in common with the original 4711.

If you go deeper into the forest, the green scents usually turn mossy, earthy, shady; possibly slightly musty, vetiver-rooted. In any case: heavy. But none of this happens here. Everything remains very bright, light, like a sun-drenched plantation of young fir trees, whose minimal resinousness is permanently drowned out by sweet, flowery orange lemonade.

With some certainty, no very small amounts of Iso E Super should provide for this silvery light, iridescent lining of the orange fir. Especially during sports, on steaming skin, this fir scent reminds me of this all-purpose weapon of modern aroma chemistry, which provides scents with aura and radiation.

The (quite muscular) overall package seems to me to be quite original. This kind of cologne was probably not available at 4711 or elsewhere - as far as I can see. It is without doubt refreshing. And absolutely modern, because somehow it's recognizably synthetic; but not at all unpleasantly plastic. In this sense, 4711 Scandinavian Woods occupies a niche in the field of refreshing waters.

It also lasts much longer than a classic cologne, which definitely justifies the generic name Colonia Intense (6-8 hours). After all, these 'Awakening Scandinavian Forests' have considerably more ingredients in the list of ingredients than the other, usually narrower 4711's. I can still easily feel coriander, but I can hardly perceive rose, osmanthus and jasmine as such, but at best as a thin veil of floridity. The same is true of incense clouds that are at best subliminal, homeopathically involved.

Due to a certain one-dimensionality in the scent and the aforementioned artificiality, it will probably be used rather rarely in my case, despite its Tannen-Cologne setting. I wouldn't want to do without it in my collection, though.
To add the last verse of the popular Christmas carol:

O fir tree, o fir tree,
your dress is trying to teach me something!
The hope and constancy
gives comfort and strength at all times!

We want to attest to his endurance. His Sillage is strong for a cologne, moderate for a full perfume. Yes, a sprayer gives strength through freshness. Hope and comfort? He's too fresh and superficial to cuddle, I think. No great forest symphony resounds here in my ears, but a cheerfully late modern arrangement of 'Oh Tannenbaum, Iso Superbaum' with a sprig of coriander and a few flowers nicely rounded off
So Geza Schöns third strike for the traditional Cologneolognists might have what it takes to become a classic of synth pop. In any case, I am looking forward to further modernization experiments from 4711, in a spirit of expectation and adventure
A summery forest scent
I came across this fragrance by chance in Cologne in the fragrance house 4711. I know the standard fragrance 4711 from my childhood, have seen it here and there with relatives in the bathroom, and happened to pass by the fragrance house by chance and was interested and surprised by such a beautiful presentation. Definitely worth a visit.
At this point, please look it up, I noticed for the first time that there are other fragrances produced here besides the standard 4711.
I tried out various scents here, had two candidates on the shortlist afterwards and then decided to go for Wakening Woods of Scandinavia. This scent triggered in me the association of spring/summer and especially the association of a walk in the forest after a summer rain. Unfortunately, I can't describe it better than that.
I already own a few other fragrances now and am therefore very surprised that this fragrance is quite affordable in a 170 ml bottling, smells very good, lasts very long and other people also perceive the scent and so far this has been consistently positive.
Compared to other fragrances, I think that this fragrance does not change greatly over time but, compared to other fragrances, smells very consistently for hours. But I don't want to interpret this in a negative way, for an everyday scent it is rather positive.
I like to wear this fragrance in the office, but 2-3 sprayers are definitely enough. If I wear more of the fragrance, I perceive a synthetic note more strongly, which disturbs me a little over time. But 2-3 sprayers are ideal for me
I am looking forward to my next visit to the fragrance house in Cologne, because I still have 1-2 interesting fragrances in my head there. Maybe I will buy a very small bottling of the standard 4711 for nostalgic reasons.
Herbal limo from Cologne
If it weren't for the old pandemic, I would have had a direct comparison with Sweden's forests in summer...

So all that remains for me is the cologne and my associations.
Congratulations, it does not smell like cologne! That's a big plus!

Go get it with 20-30 minutes that some reviewers have already described as "bath water additive". I wouldn't go that far right now. But the opening is definitely the weakest part of the fragrance and there is a certain proximity to bath salts.

I guess the bergamot and the coriander don't quite go together. They come across as fresh, but also very pompous. It gets better afterwards. Unfortunately, there is no coniferous forest in sight.

From the notes of my heart I had the thought of forest soil. Definitely not trees. But forest soil is not exactly what I was thinking about either. For that it smells too herbal. Hmm lemonade! Yes exactly! If you leave out the papa sweetness of lemonade it smells exactly the same. I thought of the Wostock Tannenwald lemonade, but that's not it. It's more like Almdudler!
Yes, Aqua Colonia smells the way Almdudler tastes - like herbal lemonade! And it becomes more and more pleasant with time. In my opinion, the base notes are the best part of the fragrance. I wouldn't smell the scent pyramid out like that. But I can perceive a pleasant, tart Kreutermischung (lemonade). Tart, fresh, but definitely not like in a conventional Fougere. It is much milder here
Fun Fact: As I was looking for a forest scent, I was a little disappointed because there was only herbs. My better half seemed to like it more and her nose poked my shirt all evening: "That doesn't smell that bad" - *eyes roll*

Yes, it's not bad at all, but it's not what I expected. But with the low price you can keep your nose clean. Occasionally in spring or even summer the water might even find its application
Since it is an EdC, you can only guess how long this scent will last. Except for the beat-me-dead top notes, it has hardly any silage and remains rather in the background, i.e. very close.

But be careful! If you put a shirt on too soon, it'll stick to it for days! Even 3 days later I took my shirt out of the laundry basket and it still smells very intensely of herbal soda. On the skin - even if only weakly, I had a good 6-7h before I had to really make an effort to notice something. So fine, but oho!

To the bottle:

It is very pleasant to hold something with glass knobs in your hands. Optically it looks a bit old-fashioned. Not to offend Miss Marple, but I think that's exactly how her bottles look in the display case. Every one of them! :P

At this price point, the pestle sprayer also does a good job and the bottle can be lifted by the cap without it slipping out. A good load of liquid comes out, only I find that it could be crushed a bit finer. But like I said: Price performance in that respect very good!
Mr. Floral

p.s. Emergency call on our own behalf:

Anyone who can recommend a "I think I'm in the woods" scent, give it to me!
Bottega Veneta - Pour Homme was great, unfortunately it doesn't last long.
From the pyramid of scent: Bacio Nella Pioggia of Lake Como. Unfortunately there are hardly any reviews and I hesitate to buy blindly.

Forestluuuuuuuuuust!

Acqua Colonia Intense wakening Woods of Scandinavia
A beautiful and fresh coniferous fragrant perfume. The incense could have been a little more intense. On the whole, however, quite passable, also the durability is excellent.
Spektrum
"...very fresh...not so unpleasant at all"
I'll put my friend's statement first. It's just a cologne.
Starting from the fragrance pyramid I had expected a bit more nature. The fragrance is very surprisingly cold and fresh, I had a winter forest in mind. However, I only tested on one paper strip.
The base then becomes sweetish citrus-fresh green, rather synthetic and flat, of patchouli and incense unfortunately no trace. My paper still smells like this one day later, so the durability seems quite good.
Heja Bell Lane
Two basic ideas for Geza Schöns new commissioned work for the Cologne-based company, one hesitant, one euphoric.

First the hesitation:
If, then only nuances disturb the fragrance, one is the memory of the original 4711 (too traditional, too unisex, fortunately only minimal), the other the proximity to relevant bath additives. The 4711 would be a hindrance to buying for me if it got through more... Fortunately, it is a clearly independent fragrance.
For my bath additive association, the fragrance really can't do anything, because with this topic, something like this cannot be avoided at all.
The same goes for every citrus scent that always has to balance on a narrow ridge past WC cleaners. That doesn't mean that every citrus scent smells like Master Propper, but there is a thematic proximity. And there are hundreds of bathroom products on the subject of coniferous forests, for whose bad representatives one cannot blame this scent just because it takes up the subject. So much for my concerns, which, as you can see, are limited.

The reason for my euphoria can be traced back to the summer of 2018.
For the first time in Sweden, when I left the plane in Stockholm, I had an overwhelming scent of spicy, green, woody, resinous, woody needle smell in my nose, which accompanied me everywhere until my departure. This country smells like this. Therefore compliment to the thematic implementation. Absolutely hit. I tested before he got out of here. Away with the ridiculous "wood wood" of Miyake, for whom even once "wood" is one too many.
Off to downtown Cologne, spray memory on for little money and every season.

For the protocol:
Flacon nix Dolles, very close to the original, boring sticker, this fragrance would have deserved the bottle of He wood cologne... Unfortunately you can't have everything.
Sillage quiet, durability remarkable.

Conclusion:
Natural, needle-like, cozy, unobtrusive but persistent, directly bought. Light, not unpleasant proximity to pine needle bath additive. Deep nose Scandinavia

Popular 4711

Remix Cologne Anniversary Edition by 4711 Remix Cologne Edition 2018 by 4711 Acqua Colonia Blood Orange & Basil (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Lime & Nutmeg (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Remix Cologne Edition 2019 by 4711 Portugal (Eau de Toilette) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Mandarine & Cardamom (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Pink Pepper & Grapefruit (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Carat (Parfum) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Coffee Bean & Vetyver by 4711 Sir - Canada Ceder (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Myrrh & Kumquat by 4711 Acqua Colonia Vanilla & Chestnut by 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser Floral Collection Jasmine by 4711 Remix Cologne Edition 2020 by 4711 Acqua Colonia White Peach & Coriander (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Intense - Sunny Seaside of Zanzibar by 4711 Sir - Irisch Moos (Eau de Toilette) by 4711 Nouveau Cologne by 4711