Nouveau Cologne 2011

Nouveau Cologne by 4711
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt
Nouveau Cologne is a perfume by 4711 for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Mäurer & Wirtz. Pronunciation

Alexandra Kalle

Top Notes Top NotesLychee, Blackcurrant, Evodia, Yuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Heliotrope, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Tonka bean, White musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.05.2020.

Nouveau Cologne was released symbolically on 04.07.11.

underrated clean blackcurrant
I'm surprised this gets so many negative reviews. Perhaps it just likes me. I get a pleasant coolness throughout, enhanced by a surprisingly true blackcurrant note. I've tried many scents on the basis of their blackcurrant notes and have been disappointed when the blackcurrant is either weak, hints at urine, or smells like I'm wearing blackcurrant pastilles. This goes in an entirely different direction than the original 4711 but, to my neroli-hating nose, it's a better one.
Soap Soap Soap..
That says almost everything...

An acquaintance (Cologne woman and big 4711 fan) recently gave me a mini of the original Kölnisch Wasser, which I surprisingly like quite well. As a convinced Farina Eau de Cologne-bearer I boycotted 4711 so far but this Neroli-Lavender-Combo in the Kölnisch Wasser is quite pleasant. Now I was curious about the modernized version of the classic... How come there's no lavender in there? Ah Menno...

I'll join my foreposters. The idea of the old Kölnisch Wasser has been successfully eliminated here, but that the scent is "more modern", I would not say.

Only the prelude is typical of Cologne. Yuzu I smell out, but I think there's something else citric about it. Then lychee and currants are added, but they make the whole thing quite scratchy. And now I perceive this soapy smell which remains dominant for the rest of the (logically relatively short) fragrance. My sprayed arm actually smells like I just washed it with some commercial soap. Nothing expensive, but also nothing that smells overly chemical and penetrating. This typical soap smell, enriched with something flowery and an obligatory freshness. Also the Sillage is comparable with it, pointed after the hand washing smells. The scent can be perceived quite well at close range.

It doesn't smell wrong... Not at all, but I don't find it very interesting as a perfume. Also as refreshment in between. Soap smells clean but not refreshing. So when should I wear Nouveau cologne? If I didn't feel like washing up?

After half an hour I smell a surprisingly pleasant base. White musk is obligatory for a clean fragrance anyway, but the tonka bean and a hint of sandalwood let the fragrance end wonderfully warm and creamy. The soapy smell is finally retreating a little.

Not a buyer for me eventually. The prelude is in every cologne anyway and only for the few minutes that the base lasts, I don't have to smell of hand soap for half an hour. It just doesn't make much sense to me. You can also just wash your hands like that and leave it with the perfume.

In my opinion, the attempt to present the Kölnisch Wasser to a younger target group in a modernised form did not succeed. I think Nouveau Cologne will be too unspectacular for most young people.

AspvlAspvl 148 days ago
I really like this scent. it's vibrant and floral. The white musks and the yuzu balance each other out very nicely.
KingPinKingPin 18 months ago
3.5
Starting with floral, fruity and marine notes, it’s a mess. Sharp synthetic marine then takes over. Not a good one, sad to say.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
This one is the 2.0 cologne , more modern and fruitier than citrusy. The acchord is more complex but the sillage too weak.Anyway good

by Lasisa
by Hermessenz
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular 4711

Remix Cologne Edition 2018 by 4711 Remix Cologne Anniversary Edition by 4711 Acqua Colonia Intense - Wakening Woods of Scandinavia by 4711 Acqua Colonia Blood Orange & Basil (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Lime & Nutmeg (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Remix Cologne Edition 2019 by 4711 Portugal (Eau de Toilette) by 4711 Carat (Parfum) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Mandarine & Cardamom (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Pink Pepper & Grapefruit (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Intense - Sunny Seaside of Zanzibar by 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser Floral Collection Jasmine by 4711 Acqua Colonia Coffee Bean & Vetyver by 4711 Acqua Colonia Vanilla & Chestnut by 4711 Sir - Canada Ceder (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Myrrh & Kumquat by 4711 Sir - Irisch Moos (Eau de Toilette) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Rhubarb & Clary Sage by 4711 Acqua Colonia Melissa & Verbena by 4711