Nouveau Cologne (2011)

Nouveau Cologne by 4711
Bottle Design: Peter Schmidt

Nouveau Cologne is a perfume by 4711 for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Mäurer & Wirtz.

Alexandra Kalle

Top Notes Top NotesLychee, Blackcurrant, Evodia, Yuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Heliotrope, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Tonka bean, White musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.03.2019

Nouveau Cologne was released symbolically on 04.07.11.

6.0 4.0 2.0 3.0/10

Soap Soap Soap..
That says almost everything...

An acquaintance (Cologne woman and big 4711 fan) recently gave me a mini of the original Kölnisch Wasser, which I surprisingly like quite well. As a convinced Farina Eau de Cologne-bearer I boycotted 4711 so far but this Neroli-Lavender-Combo in the Kölnisch Wasser is quite pleasant. Now I was curious about the modernized version of the classic... How come there's no lavender in there? Ah Menno...

I'll join my foreposters. The idea of the old Kölnisch Wasser has been successfully eliminated here, but that the scent is "more modern", I would not say.

Only the prelude is typical of Cologne. Yuzu I smell out, but I think there's something else citric about it. Then lychee and currants are added, but they make the whole thing quite scratchy. And now I perceive this soapy smell which remains dominant for the rest of the (logically relatively short) fragrance. My sprayed arm actually smells like I just washed it with some commercial soap. Nothing expensive, but also nothing that smells overly chemical and penetrating. This typical soap smell, enriched with something flowery and an obligatory freshness. Also the Sillage is comparable with it, pointed after the hand washing smells. The scent can be perceived quite well at close range.

It doesn't smell wrong... Not at all, but I don't find it very interesting as a perfume. Also as refreshment in between. Soap smells clean but not refreshing. So when should I wear Nouveau cologne? If I didn't feel like washing up?

After half an hour I smell a surprisingly pleasant base. White musk is obligatory for a clean fragrance anyway, but the tonka bean and a hint of sandalwood let the fragrance end wonderfully warm and creamy. The soapy smell is finally retreating a little.

Not a buyer for me eventually. The prelude is in every cologne anyway and only for the few minutes that the base lasts, I don't have to smell of hand soap for half an hour. It just doesn't make much sense to me. You can also just wash your hands like that and leave it with the perfume.

In my opinion, the attempt to present the Kölnisch Wasser to a younger target group in a modernised form did not succeed. I think Nouveau Cologne will be too unspectacular for most young people.

KingPin 23 days ago
Starting with floral, fruity and marine notes, it’s a mess. Sharp synthetic marine then takes over. Not a good one, sad to say.
4.0
3.5
Jazzy76 11 months ago
This one is the 2.0 cologne , more modern and fruitier than citrusy. The acchord is more complex but the sillage too weak.Anyway good+2
6.0

by Hermessenz
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular 4711

Echt Kölnisch Wasser by 4711 Nouveau Cologne by 4711 Acqua Colonia Blood Orange & Basil (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Lemon & Ginger (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Mandarine & Cardamom (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Pink Pepper & Grapefruit (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Wunder*Wasser für Ihn by 4711 Wunder*Wasser für Sie by 4711 Acqua Colonia Lime & Nutmeg (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Sir - Irisch Moos (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Melissa & Verbena by 4711 Remix Cologne Edition 2018 by 4711 Acqua Colonia Rhubarb & Clary Sage by 4711 Acqua Colonia Lavender & Thyme by 4711 Acqua Colonia Juniper Berry & Marjoram by 4711 Acqua Colonia White Peach & Coriander (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Vetyver & Bergamot by 4711 Acqua Colonia Plum & Honey by 4711 Ice Cool Cologne / Ice Blue by 4711 Acqua Colonia Hazel & Tonka by 4711