Remix Cologne Edition 2019 (2019)

Remix Cologne Edition 2019 by 4711

Remix Cologne Edition 2019 is a new and limited perfume by 4711 for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Mäurer & Wirtz. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Bergamot, Mate, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Freesia, Ambrette seed
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk, Praliné

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 21.05.2019

8.0 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Back to crochet blanket?
Sweating aunts with red faces cursing quietly over the heat, equipped with 4711 travel flacons, 4711 sleep rollers and 4711 refreshment towels: many associate the unmistakable, radiant metallic scent of this German institution with such or similar scenes. And depending on whether you love this picture in its cheerful, melancholic mood reminiscent of Carl Spitzweg, or if you turn away inwardly disgusted because you already feel the moistened handkerchief in the corner of your mouth ("You've got something!"), you might decide whether "4711 - Echt Kölnisch Wasser" is met with benevolence or displeasure. Be that as it may, one thing is clear: hardly any other fragrance in this country is as saturated with "then" as this one. Loved or hated: It is considered Omaduft.

A few years ago this was probably also the finding of the decision-makers at Mäurer & Wirtz when they decided to rejuvenate the basic recipe in the coming years in modern new blends and thus free the brand a little from the stigma of the traditional and at best the enterprising: Since 2017 there has been an annual so-called "Remix", which focuses on a different core component of a classic cologne. An attempt that has been successful so far! Especially the 2018 Remix is considered by many (including myself!) to be a great success and, along with Ferrari's "Bright Neroli", one of the remarkable Cologne variations of the decade. Significantly, both fragrances have chosen orange as the olfactory fixed point, a fragrance that is not necessarily considered sexy, but seems to be in keeping with the spirit of the times: Somehow delicious (i.e. "gourmandig"), but also fresh and at the same time almost serious. This fragrance also seemed to be successful: When I wanted to buy a bottle for Mrs. Konsalik last year, I had to sign up for a pre-order list (!!); according to the store staff, there were problems with the supply chain due to the enormous demand. Hui!

The 2019er is objectively not so ingenious - but more courageous! Because the only discreetly fresh iris lavender, which determines my perception after a few minutes (whereby here the perceptions in the perfume community diverge surprisingly strongly), is by no means straightforwardly modern, summery, lively. I would almost like to say: On the contrary! This fragrance is subtle, lavendery-herbaceous, slightly dusty due to the rich iris and in the base of a warm and at the same time piquant spice that almost reminds me of oakmoss [sic!]. Will the sandalwood be with the musk.

4711 here reflects in expression on the traditional, almost "English" and places the Cologne-water character for this purpose quite clearly in the background (As said: The Iris!). As a declared lover of old and ancient fragrance signatures, I like it very much, but I doubt that there will also be delivery bottlenecks for this vintage. What a shame! It remains to be seen whether the rosemary bomb will bring in 2020. In any case, I am looking forward to further variations of this primary rock!
5.0 3.0 4.0 3.0/10

4711 - The Muff Remix
I'm really trying to get something out of 4711. After all, Cologne is my Lienlingsstadt in Germany. Meanwhile I get along with the original, the Nouveau Colognevist failed mercilessly. But Remix Cologne sounds really cool and on the test strip I'm already surrounded by a nice lemony touch

But what is that? First of all, there's only alcohol. The first minute I really don't smell anything else. And then comes the well-known Meroli lavender note, which we know from the original. So far, so good but something disturbs. I suspect mate, but it smells different. More like a synthetic by-product that doesn't belong there. Dull, musty and slightly bitter. With that you can fail the Remix Cologne with me. Even if the smell disappears in favour of a little iris and several sparkling clean musks. I like this very much but it is very pale and only smells directly on the skin. I don't smell sandalwood and chocolate. The smell changes now me more, ends after approx. 3 rounds. The durability is better than the original and the Nouveau Cologne.

While reading the comments I was a little bit unsure. I'm afraid everyone smells something different here. And something different than me. I don't feel the Remix Cologne to be a powdery and iridescent floral scent. For me it's just 4711 with a bit of iris and just this other fragrance that bothers me so much.

I'm disappointed on the whole. I guess 4711's just not my badge
9.0 5.0 6.0 7.5/10

No cologne
The two older remixes have really excited me.

Especially the 2017 original remix shows how to completely modernize a proven, but also slightly outdated formulation without betraying the basic idea of the original. The 2017 remix is 4711 through and through - only much better. The orange 2018 variant is also true 4711. The known DNA is clearly audible, but the focus is cheerfully smiling and shifted to fruity freshness.

The pale, slightly mouffy colour that the original 4711 tends to have after burning out the first stage is completely missing in both. Both are citric, pleasantly herbaceous, completely unsweet, colognespeculiarly moderately durable, very refreshing and radiantly bright.

The 2019 remix has been on the shelves for a few weeks now and "is so different from his brother". The 4711 DNA is almost completely missing. It has a clearly duller appearance, is sweeter, very powdery, almost creamy. Few rays, hardly any freshness. For me it is not a 4711 variation, but a completely independent fragrance in cologne-strength.

Doesn't mean I don't like it. I like the fragrance quite much despite the sweetness and have a hard time buying it. Only in the first seconds a harsh citric lightens up, fresh notes hiss briefly through, the promised lavender, however, I can hardly catch and then there is already the iris powder with drage-like tender sweetness. This powdery note remains and then becomes the heart note. A pleasant childhood memory by the way: My grandmother had a body powder in an oval tin bottle, which had a small neck with a shaker at the top. This powder smelled wonderful, tenderly sweet, soft, mild, embracing. That's how Remix 2019 smells.

The shelf life is not so bad at all, almost four hours the smell is noticeable on my skin with extremely reduced Sillage. It lasts longer on clothing due to its external effect increased to arm's length.

The similarity to "Infusion d'Iris", which I wear on the other wrist for comparison, was mentioned here several times.

The Prada scent remains on the drier side during the whole comparison period, is continuously less sweet with a delicate pencil woodiness and has a significantly higher endurance. Remix is softer, fluffier and sweeter. And faster away.

However, I don't like the infusion that much, because the heart note on my skin develops for a certain time, about half an hour, a kind of eraser smell, the origin of which I can't classify.

My personal winner of this comparison is therefore the remix, despite the sweetness, and the prize duel he wins anyway clearly.

9.0 4.0 5.0 7.5/10

Yatagan
Lavender x cologne = added value
Uncommented fragrances No. 135

When 4711 launches a new fragrance, and this happens more frequently than before under the new management, I'm there for a test. I especially liked the so-called remix series, which has been published since 2017 and which the house attaches particular importance to. In contrast to the Acqua Colonia series, which focuses on one or two fragrance accents each and is quite independently oriented, the Remix colognes are variations of the well-known, highly traditional 4711 theme, with a different one of the seven central fragrance building blocks being placed in the centre. With the Aniversery variant from 2017, this was apparently the bitter, pointed Petitgrain. I particularly liked the scent, especially as lavender also played a certain role. In the 2018 version, it was finally the orange that dominated the fragrance. By 2019, it will be lavender that shapes the fragrance. Since I am a great friend of both lavender fragrances and cologne waters (see my collections, which provide an overview of both fragrance fields), I naturally had to test the combination of both worlds immediately. It was clear from the start that I would stay in the fragrance. Lavender x cologne = added value.

After a first detailed test I can say that the lavender is not so much in the center of attention, at least not for a lover of pure or strong lavender colognes, but still clearly recognizable through the known structures of the classic 4711 formula, which has been preserved, shines through. You shouldn't be too irritated by statements like iris, Ambrettesamen and Praline, which suggest powdery or gourmand notes. At best they are worth a side note (Irir) or do not appear at all in principle (praline note). KIar are recognizable on the other hand Bergamot and lemon, - as usual. I'd have guessed Petitgrain too. Orange accents are more likely to be sought in vain. But they will be included in small tendency, because also they belong to the classic 4711. I would assume also Neroli, which is actually indispensable. The overall impression remains a beautiful, lavender-based version of the classic 4711 with softer accents and a softer base, where a clean musk note slowly shines through. The best of both worlds is connected, even if perhaps no great scent came out. It is always a really beautiful everyday companion for all temperatures.

A bit violent for Sippe 4711
The hot summer of 2018 made me lose my scents. No matter what I use, it didn't work. Then my nose went on strike and I took a winter break when it came to fragrances. Well, it wasn't a winter we had here in NRW. Too cool for fresh and floral fragrances and too warm for classic winter fragrances.

But now it's getting really spring and after I had my wardrobe checked for half a year, it was my turn to get my scents. Some had served out for active use and should be replaced by new ones.

Last year I had made a stroke of luck with the Remix Duft 2018 and started the test of the 2019 fragrance with cheerful courage. Fortunately, in my euphoria, I did not buy the fragrance blindly, but tested it first.

Anyone who thinks of freshness and coolness in this 4711 fragrance is unfortunately wrong. The beginning atypically heavy and massive after everything, but not after where it should smell according to description after. Lavender a little, but only in small doses. Bergamot and lemon are out. Immediately earthy but without freshness. A little later then a little powdery flowery, but without freesias. Sandalwood and musk in addition and a powdery, but woody bitter smell is there. My skin a little scratchy and prickly. The powdery one is suppressed after a short time. Smells a little like freshly ground lavender stems in the garden, but the flowers are missing.

It is not a fresh spring/summer scent. Rather something for autumn and winter. at the beginning obtrusive and violent, but after an hour almost gone.

So this scent isn't going to move in with me. But tomorrow I'm gonna buy another bottle of the 2018 scent. She was standing next to it

Itchynose 52 days ago
Very fresh and floral opening with a blast of bergamot, lemon, lavender, freesia and iris. Once the citrus evaporate it becomes more musky.
5.0
5.0

Vielen Dank ❤ für euere tollen Kommentare! Natürlich hätte ich den Remix19 auch vor den Ast stellen können :-D aber das wär beliebig gewesen :-!
by Seejungfrau
6 way remix
by Piepmatz
by Piepmatz

Popular 4711

Echt Kölnisch Wasser by 4711 Nouveau Cologne by 4711 Acqua Colonia Blood Orange & Basil (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Lemon & Ginger (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Mandarine & Cardamom (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Pink Pepper & Grapefruit (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Wunder*Wasser für Ihn by 4711 Wunder*Wasser für Sie by 4711 Acqua Colonia Lime & Nutmeg (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Remix Cologne Edition 2018 by 4711 Sir - Irisch Moos (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Melissa & Verbena by 4711 Acqua Colonia Rhubarb & Clary Sage by 4711 Acqua Colonia Lavender & Thyme by 4711 Acqua Colonia Juniper Berry & Marjoram by 4711 Acqua Colonia White Peach & Coriander (Eau de Cologne) by 4711 Acqua Colonia Vetyver & Bergamot by 4711 Acqua Colonia Plum & Honey by 4711 Ice Cool Cologne / Ice Blue by 4711 Acqua Colonia Hazel & Tonka by 4711