What We Do Is Secret (2011)

What We Do Is Secret by A Lab on Fire

What We Do Is Secret is a perfume by A Lab on Fire for men and was released in 2011. The scent is fresh-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Bergamot, Birch wood, Jasmine, Leather, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Pepper, Sandalwood

Submitted by Ronin, last update on 24.10.2018

7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Paris? Vegas? Whatever.
I have to confess that I am rather disappointed by A Lab on Fire WHAT WE DO IN PARIS IS SECRET, which I have worn now a couple of times. The perfume opens like a dozen different sandalwood-vanilla designer frags. Shockingly banal, actually. It does get better, but the memory of the opening is a tough hurdle to clear. I kept thinking of the slogan of which the name of this perfume appears to be a permutation: "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."

I took a look at the house's website, which introduces itself thus: "We are an ingenious niche limited-production fragrance house..." Huh. Not sure that I accept their self-ascribed ingeniousness--certainly not based on this creation, by the usually masterful Dominique Ropion. Even the subtitle of the name of this house, "The Unlikely Company" sounds like a rip-off of The Different Company. I wonder whether this house is like Linari: designer frags made with expensive ingredients for people with squeamish physiology?

In any case, as WHAT WE DO... dries down, the tolu balsam and ambergris become more pronounced, at which point there is quite a bit more depth. The honey adds a nice touch, but never does this perfume approach the brilliance of Ropion's Kenzo JUNGLE L'ELEPHANT. Désolée.

Popular A Lab on Fire

Liquidnight by A Lab on Fire Almost Transparent Blue by A Lab on Fire What We Do In Paris Is Secret by A Lab on Fire Messy Sexy Just Rolled Out Of Bed by A Lab on Fire Paris*L.A. by A Lab on Fire L'Anonyme ou OP-1475-A by A Lab on Fire California Snow by A Lab on Fire Hallucinogenic Pearl by A Lab on Fire Rose Rebelle Respawn by A Lab on Fire Sweet Dreams 2003 by A Lab on Fire Hossegor by A Lab on Fire Made in Heaven by A Lab on Fire My Own Private Teahupo'o by A Lab on Fire Eau d'Ipanema by A Lab on Fire Rose Rebelle by A Lab on Fire Oxymusc by A Lab on Fire What We Do Is Secret by A Lab on Fire One Night In Rio by A Lab on Fire And The World Is Yours by A Lab on Fire Mon Musc à Moi by A Lab on Fire