Arabica by Aaron Terence Hughes
Arabica is a new perfume by Aaron Terence Hughes for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is spicy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesFrench lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesArabica coffee, Vanilla absolute, Fruits
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.10.2020.

DerJosh
boy, it smells good in here again, boy!
the most natural and yet most intense lavender perfume I have ever smelled.
the extraordinarily authentic coffee note (from Aaron Terence Hughes' specially made tincture of real coffee beans) gives more depth, but should have been much more concise for my taste.
While I'm wearing Arabica a colleague from work comes into the anteroom and shouts "boa smells good again! Boy! " from a distance of about 10 meters, so Sillage seems to be particularly good.

ATH Coffee (NKNN)
Out of the five Aaron Terence Hughes fragrances I have, I instantly knew Arabica was the most special one. At first I wasn't sure if it was something I would wear often though, but after a couple of wears, I can safely say it's my favorite out of the bunch (Blood Orange, Oud, Tobacco Oud & Vanilla, Chocolate Rose & Oud).

Arabica is, as the name suggests, a coffee fragrance and it does have a special coffee note, but it's more than that. The opening has one of the most interesting lavender notes I've come across; it's a warm lavender if that makes any sense. The lavender is soft, but beneath it lurks a sharp and almost sparkling accord, that at first smells a lot like a Rum & Coke to my nose. On my first wear, I couldn't let that connection go; now I still get it, but I can focus in on it being a coffee as well. The coffee here is unlike most coffee notes in fragrances; it's not sweet or creamy. It's a bitter, bright coffee and combined with that Rum & Coke vibe I get, it reminds me of a coffee with liqueur. No sugar, vanilla, caramel, chocolate or sweetness of any sort.I have no idea what the notes are, but I found Arabica to get quite spicey (more pepper or cinnamon, not so much the cardamom you get more often with coffee). Although I haven't tried them side by side, if my memory serves me right, I get a similarity to Casamorati's 1888; maybe not in the exact scent, but definitely in filling the same purpose. It's warm fragrance, perfect for colder weather, but because it has a certain brighness, it remains versatile. Finally, I get more of the sandalwood base, which isn't the most interesting in the late drydown, however, with the amount of hours you get from this one before it reaches that point, it's not a big deal.

Arabica can easily be a comfort scent for me, although I have to be conservative with the amount of sprays. It's very powerful and that fizzy quality in the opening can be too much with heavy usage. The projection becomes more moderate after a while, but longevity is excellent •

Lavender & Coffee
When it came to Arabica, Aaron wasn't even sure if the fragrance would become permanently available. Rather than a nice gesture, a 10ml bottle of the fragrance was enclosed with an order placed just over a month ago. I have worn this very, very often since then, because it is actually not such a typical ATH - and yet perfectly bears Aaron's signature.

The fragrance opens with a wonderful, real Landel. Warm, soft, flowery and yet not too floral, which is what I like very much about lavender as a fragrance and plant. The sandalwood radiates very early from the base and melts into a very special connection with the lavender.

Only after a good hour do nuances of harmonious coffee tones become apparent. Here too, Aaron uses genuine, homemade coffee tincture and gives the soft fragrance a nice coffee touch.

Especially about this fragrance, I find that it reminds me just a little bit of SM Café by Prin Lomros. It "pops" massively and seems almost synthetically exaggerated, while Arabaica is completely withdrawn and deeply relaxed. Especially this calm one is rather unusual for ATH fragrances, as the perfumer likes the strong projection as one of his trademarks.

With 20% fragrance oil content, the fragrance still oscillates between EDP and extract. It radiates a warmth that really captivates without showing off.

I would like more of these very natural scents from Aaron.

He's just good at it.

by GewoonBB
by GewoonBB

Popular Aaron Terence Hughes

Onyx by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bastard by Aaron Terence Hughes Violet Delirium by Aaron Terence Hughes Ozone by Aaron Terence Hughes Chocolate, Rose & Oud by Aaron Terence Hughes Dirty Slut by Aaron Terence Hughes Tobacco, Oud & Vanilla by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bitch by Aaron Terence Hughes Slut (2019) by Aaron Terence Hughes Neon by Aaron Terence Hughes Oud (2020) by Aaron Terence Hughes Filth XXL by Aaron Terence Hughes Zeus / Narcissus by Aaron Terence Hughes Ambré Extrême by Aaron Terence Hughes Santal Extreme by Aaron Terence Hughes Patchouli Noir by Aaron Terence Hughes Oxytocin by Aaron Terence Hughes Deviant by Aaron Terence Hughes Oud (2019) by Aaron Terence Hughes Blood Orange by Aaron Terence Hughes