Blood Orange by Aaron Terence Hughes
Blood Orange is a new perfume by Aaron Terence Hughes for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is fruity-citrusy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orange, Mandarin orange, Tangerine
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Ambergris

Submitted by PanAroma0815, last update on 24.10.2020.

A touch of summer
So far, I have never really warmed to the "taste" of Aaron. Onyx is too animalistic, Boss Bastard too smelly, Ozone feels too heavy and and more like a skin cream that kills you. Amber Extreme is not my cup of tea either. Neon smells like chlorine cleaner For 2020, he has also rebranded several fragrances, including Blood Orange.

Sounds great, doesn't it? So Blood Orange was my last hopeless attempt to find a fragrance of my wishes from his ranks and I have to say that for me it is the "best" and most bearable fragrance. It opens really super fruity fresh with orange and tangerine, the jasmine note underlines the top note nicely. But what really bothers me is the shelf life. Maybe it's the atomizer, because I have to go on millimeter distance to get anything on my skin, instead of just spraying an overpriced room fragrance around. That was better with his 50ml bottles, but also not outstanding. But what he screwed on his 10ml decanters is a bottomless cheek.

In this respect, the fragrance rounds off relatively quickly in a little musky sandalwood before disappearing completely. On me this fragrance is a famous so called "head note blending", even if my skin chemistry is not at all receptive to fresh scents, because all summer fresh citrus scents disappear after a few hours. This one, however, runs away from me as if I had stolen the blood oranges from the tree.

The only thing you can say about the fragrance is that it smells really natural and not synthetic at all. It is too expensive anyway.

Blood Orange (NKNN)
• AARON TERENCE HUGHES BLOOD ORANGE •

Blood Orange is the first I wanted to share my thoughts on, as I wore it a couple of times and it's the easiest to digest. As the name suggests, this is an orange fragrance and it's great as a fresh, easy-going scent. The opening has some sharpness, but in a pleasant way. It is very zesty and at first it's a bit brighter, like mandarin (which I believe is an actual note) or even lemon zest. It slowly becomes smoother, softer and the blood orange has a bit more depth than other citrusses. Combined with a subtle musk, which adds a hint of elegance, and amber, it's not just suitable for high heat, but also great in milder Spring weather. The quality of the fruity accord feels really high and it smells natural.

The performance is good, based on my first wears I'd say excellent longevity and above average projection for a fresh scent like this. I haven't worn it in real warm or sunny weather, I think that's where Blood Orange will shine (or as Aaron suggested, during physical activity) •

Popular Aaron Terence Hughes

Onyx by Aaron Terence Hughes Arabica by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bastard by Aaron Terence Hughes Ozone by Aaron Terence Hughes Violet Delirium by Aaron Terence Hughes Chocolate, Rose & Oud by Aaron Terence Hughes Dirty Slut by Aaron Terence Hughes Tabac / Tobacco, Oud & Vanilla by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bitch by Aaron Terence Hughes Slut (2019) by Aaron Terence Hughes Neon by Aaron Terence Hughes Oud (2020) by Aaron Terence Hughes Filth XXL by Aaron Terence Hughes Zeus / Narcissus by Aaron Terence Hughes Ambré Extrême by Aaron Terence Hughes Oud (2019) by Aaron Terence Hughes Santal Extreme by Aaron Terence Hughes Patchouli Noir by Aaron Terence Hughes Oxytocin by Aaron Terence Hughes Deviant by Aaron Terence Hughes