Blood Orange 2019

Blood Orange by Aaron Terence Hughes
Blood Orange is a popular perfume by Aaron Terence Hughes for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is citrusy-fruity. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange
TangerineTangerine
Blood orangeBlood orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbroxanAmbroxan
Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
Rose absoluteRose absolute
Sensual skin accordSensual skin accord
AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by PanAroma0815, last update on 12.09.2021.

Ischgelroi
The somewhat different orange scent ?
Aaron Terence Hughes was until now a brand, which did not really get attention from me, the reasons for this are many. The person behind the brand was a bit strange for me, to put it mildly, just not someone I would buy a perfume from. Added to this was the Brexit and the already not exactly cheap prices.

Beforehand, I would like to say a few words right away, for all those who are interested in the fragrance:

Blood Orange smells for me not at all like a hand soap, fragrance oil, tea light or other comparisons. Sure there are some products which use orange oil. But this is more due to the fact that orange is a good smell eater and freshener.

The similarity to Terre d' Hermès I also do not see at all.

But now I would like to come back to the fragrance itself. Blood Orange really starts with a blood orange. The difference here is mainly to recognize to a normal orange, that this orange note is much more tart and not really sweet. Tangerine and mandarin are more in the background here and round out the blood orange. Jasmine I can easily perceive from the 2nd hour, this gives the fragrance a slight creamy note. Towards the end, a woody and slightly sweet base with amber comes to the fore. The blood orange keeps safe but very well perceptible over the entire course.

The durability is with circa 7 hours for a fresh fragrance absolutely within reason. The projection is 3-4 hours also in the good range.

The price is set too high for me, however. It would be really fair Blood Orange to reduce to the same Pries as Neon or similar.

The fragrance is also a great alternative for Mandarino di Amalfi, Orange Sanguine and Afternoon Swim fans.
A touch of summer
So far, I have never really warmed to the "taste" of Aaron. Onyx is too animalistic, Boss Bastard too smelly, Ozone feels too heavy and and more like a skin cream that kills you. Amber Extreme is not my cup of tea either. Neon smells like chlorine cleaner For 2020, he has also rebranded several fragrances, including Blood Orange.

Sounds great, doesn't it? So Blood Orange was my last hopeless attempt to find a fragrance of my wishes from his ranks and I have to say that for me it is the "best" and most bearable fragrance. It opens really super fruity fresh with orange and tangerine, the jasmine note underlines the top note nicely. But what really bothers me is the shelf life. Maybe it's the atomizer, because I have to go on millimeter distance to get anything on my skin, instead of just spraying an overpriced room fragrance around. That was better with his 50ml bottles, but also not outstanding. But what he screwed on his 10ml decanters is a bottomless cheek.

In this respect, the fragrance rounds off relatively quickly in a little musky sandalwood before disappearing completely. On me this fragrance is a famous so called "head note blending", even if my skin chemistry is not at all receptive to fresh scents, because all summer fresh citrus scents disappear after a few hours. This one, however, runs away from me as if I had stolen the blood oranges from the tree.

The only thing you can say about the fragrance is that it smells really natural and not synthetic at all. It is too expensive anyway.

Blood Orange (NKNN)
• AARON TERENCE HUGHES BLOOD ORANGE •

Blood Orange is the first I wanted to share my thoughts on, as I wore it a couple of times and it's the easiest to digest. As the name suggests, this is an orange fragrance and it's great as a fresh, easy-going scent. The opening has some sharpness, but in a pleasant way. It is very zesty and at first it's a bit brighter, like mandarin (which I believe is an actual note) or even lemon zest. It slowly becomes smoother, softer and the blood orange has a bit more depth than other citrusses. Combined with a subtle musk, which adds a hint of elegance, and amber, it's not just suitable for high heat, but also great in milder Spring weather. The quality of the fruity accord feels really high and it smells natural.

The performance is good, based on my first wears I'd say excellent longevity and above average projection for a fresh scent like this. I haven't worn it in real warm or sunny weather, I think that's where Blood Orange will shine (or as Aaron suggested, during physical activity) •

Popular Aaron Terence Hughes

Homme by Aaron Terence Hughes Onyx by Aaron Terence Hughes Luna by Aaron Terence Hughes Oud (2020) by Aaron Terence Hughes Forbidden by Aaron Terence Hughes Tabac / Tobacco, Oud & Vanilla by Aaron Terence Hughes Ambré Extrême by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bastard by Aaron Terence Hughes Ozone by Aaron Terence Hughes Arabica by Aaron Terence Hughes Notorious by Aaron Terence Hughes Daddy by Aaron Terence Hughes Haze (blue) by Aaron Terence Hughes Dirty Slut by Aaron Terence Hughes Oxytocin by Aaron Terence Hughes Haze (black) by Aaron Terence Hughes Odyssey by Aaron Terence Hughes Violet Delirium by Aaron Terence Hughes Neon by Aaron Terence Hughes Adonis by Aaron Terence Hughes