Boss Bastard 2020

Boss Bastard is a new perfume by Aaron Terence Hughes for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedarwood, Amber, Tobacco
Base Notes Base NotesCocoa, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Musk

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 19.04.2021.

Powdery and zingy
I get this Baby powder note that’d I’d find in Back to Black mixed with a realistic lemon/Mandarin note.
Safe, simple and clean.
This fragrance doesn’t change too Much through its development, the top notes of lemon and Orange do die down a fair bit at the 5hour mark.
Solid fragrance.
Hildus
First niche scent and what a scent!
As the title suggests, Boss Bastard by Aaron Terence Hughes was my very first niche flacon. Before I go into the fragrance itself, I must first point out my path to Aaron:
After immersing myself more deeply in the theme of fragrance two years ago, my path has slowly but surely moved further and further towards the niche. In the beginning it was "only" enough to smell good, but more and more often the desire arose not to smell like everyone else. In the beginning, I was on Youtube with dear Jeremy, but my way led to Frag-Mental. I don't know if you know this video, but I saw a video of Frag-Mental together with Aaron. And this was the decisive video. Aaron's understanding of fragrance completely overwhelmed me. I can still see him smelling scents and then making a face and criticizing individual aroma chemicals. Of course I went to his website after the video and was shocked by the high prices.

Time jump: In the meantime, I discovered the souk function here and souked myself a 5ml sample of Boss Bastard.
I looked forward to this parcel like a little child at Christmas and opened it with just this joy. Without even taking off the cap, I could already clearly perceive the scent. And Boss Bastard just blew me away! I can't really describe it, but the scent made my heart beat faster.
In my eyes the whole thing smells like tobacco going hand in hand with honey. That's it, I can't smell any more scents.
The durability and sillage is extreme and even that completely blew me away at that time, because I never knew anything like that. If a fragrance could be smelled for 6 hours, that was great. But Boss Bastard skillfully exceeds the 12h mark and is even still perceptible on clothes for weeks. Great work Aaron!

I had actually decided not to write any comments on parfumo, because it wasn't mine at school and I didn't know exactly what to put in here. But when I noticed Boss Bastard on my skin again, I knew that I wanted to share this experience with you. If anyone should read this at all, I hope that you can get some added value out of it.
Feet up that comes...polarizing
Who?the scent, the comment here and the perfumer ATH.for me really a Boss scent, not so much because of the smell, but more because of the attitude behind it.
You are constantly being told that you should not use loud, room-filling sweet scents for the office, not that you should step on the shoes of people with a "fine nose", some "refined niche snobs, uh...niche lovers" or even "insult their nose! Wow, sounds for me honestly said after heavy bodily injury who dares to do something like that: "Take rather something inconspicuous, something pleasing so that you do not leave a bad impression (mostly with persons you do not like anyway)" But then comes ATH, and looks first of all "very unprofessional" :O.Tattooed, often with extravagant colored hair, and with a "human degrading naming" and brings a fragrance on the market, "Boss Bastard" for the office, sweet, room filling and with a certain edge, which I just can't describe Boss Bastard is airy, fresh and fruity for the first 10 minutes, then it goes into a beautiful sweet-ambered-woody tobacco can smell and unfortunately it loses its fragrance towards the end with a sweet and light dirtiness.The base note is a mixture of cocoa, with a clean vetiver, and sandalwood is m.M.n.n here not even so strong present, because a fruity and slightly dirty musk note covers the whole.Sillage and durability are both top.
Actually I celebrate this fragrance for being sweet and masculine at the same time, because it is not at all "impotent" or "shy" and tells the people who think it is "out of place in the office" or "a sweet, unmanly pap" to shut the fuck up.That's what I think characterizes self-confidence and also masculinity: if you wear exactly what you want to wear, even if it's not "in vogue" or "usual", with the conscious intention that you might get negative feedback here and there.
DarkWinterCS
I'm a boss, you a worker, bitch!
There is no better way to start this comment than with this line of text from a song by Cardi B. There is no better way to describe the vibe of the fragrance than with this rather provocative statement. But how does the fragrance manage to take something like this out of itself? I'm going to talk about how the chords do that and why many other mainstreamers should take an example, even if you need a certain self-confidence as a carrier.

This is where it really pops !

Who doesn't know them ?
Office, suite or everyday fragrances. Fragrances that don't bother anybody, many like, are rather unobtrusive and like to be worn in the office. There are so many examples in the world of perfume. Whether it is a Prada L'Homme, a Bleu de Chanel or a Dior Sauvage. What they all have in common is that an extremely large community attributes the greatest possible acceptance to these fragrances. This is also true, but I have to ask my question from my Prada L'Homme commentary again
Do you want to sniff around the office every day and disappear into the masses ?
If you think that you don't want this, you should read the commentary intensively !

Aaron Terence Hughes describes his boss bastard in the introduction video to a tribute to the character Jordan Belfort in the film Wolf of Wall Street (played by Leonardo Di Caprio). Once you have seen the film, you know which vibe and attitude are meant. Arrogant and self-confident the scent should come across and make a real statement. I knew the film and could halfway imagine how the product would sniff at the end, but was quite surprised. The result is not so much the Wolf of Wall Street, but rather Patrick Bateman from American Psycho (played by Christian Bale).
In contrast to mother-in-law's favorite Di Caprio, the role in American Psycho is the even bigger asshole. More arrogance and even more of the "Fuck You" attitude. Everything that doesn't concern you is unimportant
As you can read from the statements on the fragrance, the scent seems to polarize every form. Some attest to the fragrance what it wants to express, others disrupt the figuratively provocative and aggressive nature of the brand. You can't get better marketing than to talk about it in such a polarizing way.

The fragrance is able to transport this personality and convinces through uniqueness and performance.
Aaron Terence Hughes takes two categories and brings them together in a pronounced harmony. On the one hand the fresh scents, which can be described as office scents, and on the other hand the slightly sweeter evening scents. At the beginning I couldn't explain how to combine these two opposing categories, but I was convinced. The start is fresh and soft with citrus notes. I even feel a slight cooling effect on the skin. Immediately the scent changes into something woody and brings sweet tobacco into play. This is followed by amber notes and a little musk, but it doesn't stand out too intensely. It's hard to describe this combination, as everything intertwines and brings out certain notes from time to time. So in one moment the sweet tobacco note is in the foreground, then again the amber notes. Experiencing it yourself helps enormously with this fragrance. The fact that the amber notes are a little wicked or dirty is added and make the fragrance really horny.

To describe something more figuratively:
You come into the office early, the fresh notes unfold and say I'm here. You walk through the corridors and look around to see who's already there. From a distance you see the nice colleague from the neighbouring department coming to you. Even before he can ask how the last evening was and how good your perfume smells, I tell him: "Fuck you". A little puzzled he looks at me and starts to stutter. I say it again: "Fuck you". I'm probably overcome with rejection of his person. He's a nice guy, but you could also say loyal idiot. A typical yes-man who has never done anything in his life but crawl on his knees through the boss's office. Maybe the blinds were pulled down once in a while so he could prove himself to get his position as head of department.
I leave him standing and continue walking through the corridors to get to my workplace. The young and beautiful assistant manager has been doing her job for some time now and seems to have more up her sleeve than the idiot who has just been left standing. As I walk past her I wink at her. Over my lips I get the statement that she knows where my workplace is, if she has no plans for tonight and wants to experience something exciting.
Many of my colleagues think I am aloof and arrogant. I don't care. I don't care what they think. If they think they need to share the daily outpourings of their failed marriages and the boredom in their lives, let them do it. I am something better and I do it better.
So, you can kiss my ass !

Not that the interpretation of the whole thing is already good, the performance of the whole thing really hits the twelve. The durability is already quite heavy on my skin. Even after showering the bastard can still be smelled. It takes ten to twelve hours to get in here, because it has to be presented at work the whole time, who is the king here. Also the Sillage is from another star. It brings back memories of the performance of Xerjoff. Especially the first three to four hours the stuff shines like hell with 3 sprayers and reaches every corner of a room. Especially at the neck the scent steams properly and is present like hardly anything else.

This is exactly what makes the difference to the common miscellaneous. Massive performance coupled with an independence that has nothing to do with Ambroxan or fresh laundry. Rather the feeling of taking off the knickers, because the above mentioned assistant is sitting naked on the scanner right now.

Boss Bastard is exactly what I was looking for in everyday life. Something flashy, something huge, something different. Here you definitely do not remain undiscovered and make yourself noticeable in your surroundings.
True to the motto: "I'm the Boss, you a worker, bitch!"

BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Fruity opening with a sweet dirtiness. In the drydown, I get cocoa, sandalwood, vetiver with a dirty musk. At the end, tobacco and wood.
CnFCnF 7 months ago
Powerful.It has huge projection. Easy to go, but cannot be used in closed environments. Suitable for night outs, dating or draw attention

Getting ready for some cutting down to size
by MrFumejunkie

Popular Aaron Terence Hughes

Onyx by Aaron Terence Hughes Homme by Aaron Terence Hughes Oud (2020) by Aaron Terence Hughes Tabac / Tobacco, Oud & Vanilla by Aaron Terence Hughes Arabica by Aaron Terence Hughes Ozone by Aaron Terence Hughes Forbidden by Aaron Terence Hughes Luna by Aaron Terence Hughes Dirty Slut by Aaron Terence Hughes Ambré Extrême by Aaron Terence Hughes Violet Delirium by Aaron Terence Hughes Daddy by Aaron Terence Hughes Adonis by Aaron Terence Hughes Chocolate, Rose & Oud by Aaron Terence Hughes Neon by Aaron Terence Hughes Santal Extreme by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bitch by Aaron Terence Hughes Blood Orange by Aaron Terence Hughes Jasmine Narcotique by Aaron Terence Hughes Oxytocin by Aaron Terence Hughes