Neon by Aaron Terence Hughes
Neon is a new perfume by Aaron Terence Hughes for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is woody-fresh. The longevity is above-average.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Mandarin orange, Lemon, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Ambroxan, Dry woods
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.10.2020.

Aaron Terence Hughes goes commercial
Aaron Terence Hughes openly calls his Adonis Collection commercial. While he usually creates more niche scents, he has created some men's fragrances that are supposed to be easy to wear and contain less natural ingredients. Alpha Man is a total flop and more of an Alpha Kevin to me, but I would at least rate neon as solid.

When it comes to fragrances, most people probably think of Aventus and Sauvage first, but I see another fragrance as much more similar and that is Tygar from Bvlgari's Le Gemme series. There are only three notes listed for this one: Grapefruit, ambrox and woods - and these three are exactly what I consider to be the essential elements of neon as well, which is the fragrance. I can't filter out pineapple at all, and the tangy, sour grapefruit seems to me to be the most dominant of the citrus notes. However, neon does not have a particularly refreshing effect - not even in the top note. The reason for this is the for me extremely dry, woody orientation, which is evident from the beginning. Ambroxan is very often associated with typical shower gel fragrances, but in its pure form it has just those dry-woody and slightly amber-warm qualities and these are shown to advantage here and are additionally enhanced. I also think I can perceive a fragrance that often provides this pencil note, but here it only resonates very subtly and reminds me of cedar. In the blind test I would not have guessed sandalwood at all.

Neon doesn't deserve a better rating, because it is too one-dimensional for me. I have nothing against linear scents if they are well done, but this one still lacks something in contrast to the woodiness. The projection should not be underestimated. Even after several hours I can still perceive neon well around me and this should be a nightmare for any Ambroxan opponent. If you like this genre and especially if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to Tygar, you might be happy with this.

Amazon1975Amazon1975 124 days ago
A ambroxan bomb....reminds me of slut without the neroli/orange note...guess it's the same musk...love it though great for summer

Popular Aaron Terence Hughes

Onyx by Aaron Terence Hughes Arabica by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bastard by Aaron Terence Hughes Violet Delirium by Aaron Terence Hughes Ozone by Aaron Terence Hughes Chocolate, Rose & Oud by Aaron Terence Hughes Dirty Slut by Aaron Terence Hughes Tobacco, Oud & Vanilla by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bitch by Aaron Terence Hughes Slut (2019) by Aaron Terence Hughes Oud (2020) by Aaron Terence Hughes Filth XXL by Aaron Terence Hughes Zeus / Narcissus by Aaron Terence Hughes Ambré Extrême by Aaron Terence Hughes Santal Extreme by Aaron Terence Hughes Patchouli Noir by Aaron Terence Hughes Oxytocin by Aaron Terence Hughes Deviant by Aaron Terence Hughes Oud (2019) by Aaron Terence Hughes Blood Orange by Aaron Terence Hughes