Oud 2019

Version from 2019
Oud (2019) by Aaron Terence Hughes
Oud (2019) is a new perfume by Aaron Terence Hughes for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is animal-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesLeather
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Damask rose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Burmese oud, Musk, Animalic notes

Submitted by M3000, last update on 25.06.2020.

A handful of earth...
...right in the kisser! - That's how I perceive this smell. No fruity notes. Just a rose with lots and lots of imagination. It doesn't smell really animalistic like you know it from some oriental scents and which can be quite appealing, but just dirty. If you think of forest soil when you hear the word 'earth', you have an appropriate association, but you shouldn't confuse this smell with that of the forest itself, but really only with that of the somewhat moist humus.

I see a similarity with the first version of Zoologists Bat, because this one also has a terribly earthy and, for me, mouldy quality, which makes it one of the worst smells I have ever smelled. Aaron Terence Hughes' Oud doesn't remind me of mould, but it still has a morbid aura, as I can almost only perceive dry, mouldy wood next to the earth.

To have tested the fragrance - the word perfume does not deserve this brew in my opinion - on the skin was like a pure agony of the sense of smell. And I could not detect any significant changes during this time. Based on my experience, I can also definitely say that I'm not too stupid to filter out the other notes.

And if I trust the perfumer's statement that real, expensive oud is used here, then I inevitably have to conclude that the quality of the same is simply inferior. In comparison, I much prefer most (semi-)synthetic oud chords or pseudo oud scents - at least they show a certain ability.

Amazon1975Amazon1975 93 days ago
Love this...very earthy...the oud is excellent...great longevity....my new autumn winter favourite

Popular Aaron Terence Hughes

Ozone by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bastard by Aaron Terence Hughes Arabica by Aaron Terence Hughes Onyx by Aaron Terence Hughes Dirty Slut by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bitch by Aaron Terence Hughes Neon by Aaron Terence Hughes Tobacco, Oud & Vanilla by Aaron Terence Hughes Slut (2019) by Aaron Terence Hughes Chocolate, Rose & Oud by Aaron Terence Hughes Oxytocin by Aaron Terence Hughes Anubis by Aaron Terence Hughes Violet Delirium by Aaron Terence Hughes Zeus / Narcissus by Aaron Terence Hughes Neroli by Aaron Terence Hughes Filth XXL by Aaron Terence Hughes Patchouli Noir by Aaron Terence Hughes Santal Extreme by Aaron Terence Hughes Jasmine Narcotique by Aaron Terence Hughes Animalix by Aaron Terence Hughes