Oud 2019

Version from 2019
Oud (2019) by Aaron Terence Hughes
Oud (2019) is a popular perfume by Aaron Terence Hughes for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesLeatherLeather
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmberAmber Damask roseDamask rose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli Burmese oudBurmese oud MuskMusk Animalic notesAnimalic notes

Submitted by M3000, last update on 09.04.2022.

Giles
The best ATH in my opinion
This is very good. An incredibly long lasting, heavy projecting fragrance with a high concentration of naturals. To be honest, with so many high end niche fragrances claiming to have oud in them. This one puts them to shame. ATH has got a few stinkers and I still buy them but this is very well blended indeed.
A handful of earth...
...right in the kisser! - That's how I perceive this smell. No fruity notes. Just a rose with lots and lots of imagination. It doesn't smell really animalistic like you know it from some oriental scents and which can be quite appealing, but just dirty. If you think of forest soil when you hear the word 'earth', you have an appropriate association, but you shouldn't confuse this smell with that of the forest itself, but really only with that of the somewhat moist humus.

I see a similarity with the first version of Zoologists Bat, because this one also has a terribly earthy and, for me, mouldy quality, which makes it one of the worst smells I have ever smelled. Aaron Terence Hughes' Oud doesn't remind me of mould, but it still has a morbid aura, as I can almost only perceive dry, mouldy wood next to the earth.

To have tested the fragrance - the word perfume does not deserve this brew in my opinion - on the skin was like a pure agony of the sense of smell. And I could not detect any significant changes during this time. Based on my experience, I can also definitely say that I'm not too stupid to filter out the other notes.

And if I trust the perfumer's statement that real, expensive oud is used here, then I inevitably have to conclude that the quality of the same is simply inferior. In comparison, I much prefer most (semi-)synthetic oud chords or pseudo oud scents - at least they show a certain ability.

EsserEsser 4 months ago
Opens up harsh with leathery oud and dirty patchouli and gets somewhat smoother and sweeter in the drydown.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
Love this...very earthy...the oud is excellent...great longevity....my new autumn winter favourite

Popular by Aaron Terence Hughes

Oud (2020) by Aaron Terence Hughes Onyx Extreme by Aaron Terence Hughes Onyx by Aaron Terence Hughes Homme by Aaron Terence Hughes Tabac / Tobacco, Oud & Vanilla by Aaron Terence Hughes Luna by Aaron Terence Hughes Forbidden by Aaron Terence Hughes Notorious by Aaron Terence Hughes Ambré Extrême by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bastard by Aaron Terence Hughes Arabica by Aaron Terence Hughes Oxytocin by Aaron Terence Hughes Haze (blue) by Aaron Terence Hughes Ozone by Aaron Terence Hughes Haze (black) by Aaron Terence Hughes Daddy by Aaron Terence Hughes Blood Orange by Aaron Terence Hughes ATH x FM - Smoulder by Aaron Terence Hughes Animalix (2020) by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bitch (V.2) by Aaron Terence Hughes