Patchouli Noir 2020

Version from 2020
Patchouli Noir (2020) by Aaron Terence Hughes
Patchouli Noir (2020) is a perfume by Aaron Terence Hughes for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is earthy-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesSpicesSpices
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouliPatchouli Tonka beanTonka bean Dark chocolateDark chocolate Dry woodsDry woods
Base Notes Base NotesMossMoss AmberAmber Sensual skin accordSensual skin accord SmokeSmoke LeatherLeather DirtDirt SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Maggy4u, last update on 02.04.2022.

0.5

Patchouli Disappointment
First, I'd like state I did not purchase the perfume from the official ATH site due to the exorbitant shipping, but a reputable fragrance site stateside. I received this perfume with great anticipation after reading the reviews and watching fragrance reviews on YouTube - reviews read like an award ceremony as reviewers easily dispatched star after star, a 10/10. As a Patch lover, the fragrance description intrigued me... "dark, mysterious, patchouli, chocolate," and with an "impressive 20% concentration." Nothing could be further from the truth. At first spray upon opening the fragrance, I thought this must be fake... no one could even try to pass this for patchouli. The juice I received was packaged as described, but smelled like glorified Windex... not even Patchouli Windex, just straight chemicals which thankfully evaporated soon after application. The site's service agent assured me the fragrance is "handmade and has recently been reformulated by Aaron Terence Hughes himself." If true and the perfume I received was truly from the house of ATH , my confidence in the perfumer has been greatly shaken, and this will be the first and last testing of his line. I seldom write reviews especially if my words could be interpreted as negative, but my experience with Patchouli Noir by ATH has been so disappointing I felt sharing could help someone else. If my experience was due to purchasing a counterfeit, I extend an apology to ATH. That's my two cents for what's worth. Regards!

Best patchouli not patchouli
My first Aaron Terence Hughes fragrance. The best introduction to his vast collection.
With patchouli noir Aaron will cement himself as a genius formulator. Patchouli noir is patchouli heavy balanced by chocolate, dry wood which really helps tame the dewy nature of patchouli. Some leather, smoke and clove. My gosh this fragrance leaves me speechless. It is dark but as brooding as Aaron describes it. Definitely very elegant. Usually patchouli is opulent when pair with some rose or oud, or lots of chocolate but this has no oud or rose.

Radiant Patch
Now that I have had the pleasure of testing some of Aaron's fragrances, I am coming to the conclusion that there are two categories of fragrances in his collection.

The loud, deliberately provocative ones, like Slut, Filth, Boss Bitch, etc. - created for clubs and extroverted moments.

And the calm, delicate, embracing, flattering scents, such as Arabica, Zeus, Rose or Violet Delirium.

In exactly the second category I so see Patchouli Noir. A full-bodied start with fresh soil immediately sets the direction here. At the same time, the fragrance is as authentic as it embraces. The patch is aromatic and full of love.

Yes, warmth. And after a good 10 minutes it loses its moist and earthy nuance and opens up to the sweeter components, like tonka and amber. Here, however, the patch steers against it like a sponge and takes away the otherwise over-present sweetness from both accords.

Anyone who has often had "chocolate" fragrances under their nose, could notice here and there how useful patchouli can be in creating this nuance.

Aaron has found his own way to avoid a very voluminous lavender and create the impression of dry, unsweetened organic cocoa. It is rather the hint of cocoa that makes this fragrance so special. Which blooms calmly yet confidently on the skin.

Aaron also masters the quiet tones with bravura.
And therefore they shine all the more.

Amazon1975Amazon1975 7 months ago
Absolutely fantastic. Choco wood patchouli autumn winter with amazing longevity...in my top 5 by Aaron. New version has been released.

by Mao
by Mao

Popular by Aaron Terence Hughes

Oud (2020) by Aaron Terence Hughes Homme by Aaron Terence Hughes Onyx by Aaron Terence Hughes Luna by Aaron Terence Hughes Forbidden by Aaron Terence Hughes Tabac / Tobacco, Oud & Vanilla by Aaron Terence Hughes Onyx Extreme by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bitch (V.2) by Aaron Terence Hughes Notorious by Aaron Terence Hughes Ambré Extrême by Aaron Terence Hughes Arabica by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bastard by Aaron Terence Hughes Haze (blue) by Aaron Terence Hughes Ozone by Aaron Terence Hughes Oxytocin by Aaron Terence Hughes Haze (black) by Aaron Terence Hughes Daddy by Aaron Terence Hughes ATH x FM - Smoulder by Aaron Terence Hughes Animalix (2020) by Aaron Terence Hughes Blood Orange by Aaron Terence Hughes