Slut 2019

Version from 2019
Slut (2019) by Aaron Terence Hughes
Slut (2019) is a new perfume by Aaron Terence Hughes for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-citrusy. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesNeroli, Orange, Lemon, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesPetitgrain, Jasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Ambergris, Musk, Dirt

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.10.2020.

Condorpilot1
I've got the power, baby!
Whoa! So there it is, one of Aaron Terrance Hughes' first creations. Sure, provocative might be the name, but does it matter? Not really, the content is what matters. After all, names like "Putain des Palaces" from Etat Libre d'Orange are extravagant.

I myself own two bottles. I bought my first one directly from ATH's website about a month ago and the second one recently from eBay. I have noticed that ATH has now slightly modified the design of the bottle. The cap and sprayer are of higher quality. In addition, the juice has a stronger yellowish color. The eBay bottle was probably from the first batch - both smell and hold the same. This is just an info on the side.

SLUT! Yes that sounds really pushy and aggressive and theoretically the scent could be like that. Aaron describes this as the first fragrance of his "sex range". A fragrance that fills the room, is meant to attract attention and is also perfect as a clubbing scent. And I have to say: yep, the perfume is strong, especially for being a fresh scent. Clubbing? I don't know. Of course, due to the current situation, you can't test it anyway. But it may not be sweet enough for clubbing. But that's a purely hypothetical claim.

Once you smell the bottle and sprayer before spraying, I think most people here perceive the fragrance in such a way that it's not what you expected. No, this DNA was completely foreign to me too. At first the smell reminded me very badly of medicine or cough syrup. At least for a moment. Then in the second moment the perception that I had imagined something completely different. Nevertheless, when I hadn't even removed the cap I noticed that the smell was already perceptible. So it was clear - the thing has power as promised.

The sillage after spraying is strong, very strong. So I dared to go for a walk right outside in the warmth to find out how the scent behaves. Neroli and bergamot in the prelude do not seem as citric as one might think or know from other scents. Here they really do appear very natural and bring out their green facets clearly. Unlike many mainstream designers who come completely synthetic with punch in the nose, Slut's top note is soft and balanced after a short exposure. You can tell that SLUT is not a mainstream cirtus perfume, but follows a very clear line of its own. The first minutes are totally pleasant, mainly green, floral and slightly citric. The slut in SLUT is definitely not yet ready. As I walk through the park and the wind gently roams around, I constantly perceive the sillage of the perfume. And it smells just perfect for the current season.

Further verdure, darker floral notes of patchouli and jasmine samba (Arabic jasmine) come through, giving the fragrance more depth and maturity. It's this darker gradient in the heart note that I think is exactly what Aaron describes as "filth" and "dirty". The "Slut" is there now, so to speak, and it's making its mark. With the fading nuances of the top note, it's a great play. You just smell different than "the others", it gives you confidence. The fragrance makes me feel completely at ease outside. Even after hours, SLUT is still around me, always a "Whoa" in my head, I never expected that. SLUT has probably captivated and seduced me. All in all there were over 9 hours of durability. However, I am not quite sure how I should smell in the base note "dirt"...

Back to the topic of where you are perhaps most likely to wear the fragrance: Date? No, maybe not safe enough. Fancy dinner? No, too strong. Free time? Yes, especially outside when it's warmer. Club? No plan, I can't say. Office? Yep, because basically I think it's DNA. You smell fresh, clean, but if office, dose carefully. All in all, however, a fragrance that works much more casually than formally.

Aaron also suggests in a video that you can layer SLUT with Animalix to bring those dark nuances to the fore. I had ordered Animalix at the time to test exactly that. In itself Animalix is an absolutely dangerous beast. Sparingly and carefully dosed, paired with SLUT, you have a completely new fragrance that puts the animal character more to the fore. The result is a completely new composition, but one that is best suited to autumn. This combination is worthwhile. But then again: less is more!
Well, I'm really impressed with the perfume. Although I was expecting something else, I am actually positively surprised by what Aaron has created here. On the other hand, I'm not surprised that he can put his knowledge to good use in creating his fragrances. The way SLUT has become, that's the way it should be. I suspect that these darker tones run right through his collection. At 55 British pounds, he's not particularly expensive in my eyes either. It basically delivers everything you want: unique DNA and very good performance for a fresh floral fragrance
Thorsten01
Something smells pink... nee rather pink
I haven't made any comments or statements here yet, but I read a lot of them and like to let the "pros" here try out or let me try out fragrances. SLUT I had to try. Whoever has seen Aaron Terence Hughes on Youtube before will understand. Perfumer is apparently not his profession but his life. SLUT sounded interesting and so I organized a bottling here, thanks to dear Lisko
So full of anticipation I sprayed my forearm full (4 sprayers). I am not (maybe not yet) able to separate a scent into its components when smelling it, but I can confirm that it smells citrusy fresh at the beginning but not "hot" rather "soft" and pleasant. (I would not say toilet stone now). The flowery one gets through quickly and actually that's the reason for my comment.
If you can assign colors to fragrances, I think it doesn't smell as gaudy as pink, but rather soft as pink. I like it, but I wouldn't wear it myself, especially not outside the door. I like sweet fragrances and in summer I like fruity fragrances but in my opinion SLUT is not suitable for men. I find it too feminine. Since I like the scent and can imagine it well on women, I will keep the bottling and if necessary spray a female companion with it ;)

The durability is really good, after 10 hours on the skin still perceptible. Women who want a fresh floral scent can test it and men, if you want to, of course, but I warned you

Pure provocation
I am speechless with these evaluations. So this perfume is in the same league as a Tom Ford, Roja or Xerjoff? I am probably definitely not mature enough for the Champions League. Sorry
I had ordered the Discovery Box in expectation of something extraordinary, since ATH is more of a bird of paradise among perfumers. From videos I know that ATH likes the "punch in your face" and that he finds many established fragrances boring but what I saw when I tested this perfume was horrible.
I perceive the scent as follows:
Citric like a lavatory stone, flowery like the room scent - dispenser on the station lavatory and the whole thing covered with a thick cloud of cowshed.
Who wants to smell like that? Is this really commercializable?
Even if I would be devoted to artistic creation, it is at the same time a blow to my nose for my surroundings.
For me the fragrance is a pure provocation but nothing I want to adorn myself with
I probably have to occupy myself with many other scents before this one can venture into my nose cavities again. Or maybe never. But perhaps it is also like with drugs, where you need harder and harder dosages to experience the intoxication. I dunno. I'm still a novice.
(Sex-)Positive vibes
Slut - a name that raises expectations. In linguistic usage it is actually negatively connoted, but today the term can also be understood as a self-confident statement on an open and promiscuous sexuality, as a conscious play with the (mostly) female stimuli. But Aaron Terence Hughes created this fragrance primarily for hetero/bisexual men and lesbian women, and the 'Filth' accord is supposed to be perceived only by women. I doubt it, but I'm just a man...

From the combination of fresh/clean and dirty, I can only perceive one side. Slut begins somewhat citric and especially through neroli and petitgrain green, soapy and slightly flowery. Musk is a rather diffuse term for various fragrances. In this case I would speak of a fluffy-clean note that resonates from the beginning. After a while the Hesperides become weaker, as expected, and in return Jasmin makes herself felt in a very pleasant way. I can't filter out an indolent facet of it. Patchouli and amber are also not present in my opinion. Instead, Slut is increasingly dominated by the slightly sweet musky note, which has something sensual about it. It's hard to describe, but I find the smell very appealing.

Consequently, I would not describe this fragrance as obviously sexual, as the name suggests. It puts me in a good mood and is, in my opinion, wearable by any person of any age without seeming out of place. The projection is already very neat in the first hours. The wearer is therefore certainly perceived by others - only the how depends on him/her.

Slutty Unicorn
SLUT starts with a little bit of bitter-citric, but with every second my body heats up it gains more and more presence and sensuality. The lightness of ozone is mixed with the freshness of neroli, sweet orange, orange blossom and jasmine. The fragrance plays its soft chords of fruity floral notes and lets its darker base shine through again and again.

The musk in particular resonates subliminal and builds up the tension that gives the name to the product - between desire and attraction.

Yes, this scent of Aaron is also clearly perceptible and skin warmth increases the projection immensely. And that is what Aaron wanted to achieve with this fragrance. The more action and warmth, the more effect and perception/development. He also mentions some of the activities where it can get hot, quite striking. One of them was a club. ;)

In any case, the fragrance is incredibly beautiful, exciting and dances back and forth between its soft floral-fruity skin and the hard, demanding core.

I love it - to be a Unicorn Slut ;)

Amazon1975Amazon1975 9 months ago
This is a fantastic frag. Very floral with citrus and a slight dirtiness. I wanted it dirtier so layered it with animalix. Now it's beastly.

by Maggy4u
by Maggy4u

Popular Aaron Terence Hughes

Onyx by Aaron Terence Hughes Arabica by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bastard by Aaron Terence Hughes Violet Delirium by Aaron Terence Hughes Tobacco, Oud & Vanilla by Aaron Terence Hughes Ozone by Aaron Terence Hughes Chocolate, Rose & Oud by Aaron Terence Hughes Dirty Slut by Aaron Terence Hughes Boss Bitch by Aaron Terence Hughes Neon by Aaron Terence Hughes Oud (2020) by Aaron Terence Hughes Filth XXL by Aaron Terence Hughes Zeus / Narcissus by Aaron Terence Hughes Santal Extreme by Aaron Terence Hughes Patchouli Noir by Aaron Terence Hughes Oxytocin by Aaron Terence Hughes Deviant by Aaron Terence Hughes Oud (2019) by Aaron Terence Hughes Ambré Extrême by Aaron Terence Hughes Blood Orange by Aaron Terence Hughes