Musk Aswad by Abdul Karim Al Faransi

Musk Aswad is a perfume by Abdul Karim Al Faransi for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is animal-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesVanilla, Prune
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoney, Vetiver, Woody notes
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Amber

Submitted by Globomanni, last update on 22.11.2018

8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Dark and sexual musk
Musk Aswad is a black animalic musk, sweet, powerful and masculine, although it has something, that would delight me smelling it to a woman, keep in mind that the line that separates masculinity from femininity, in Arab perfumery, is much more diluted than in Western perfumery, and although this one is marked as a masculine perfume, and Abdul encases it as very masculine, I am fascinated by his androgyny, he is sensual, carnal and very animalistic.

It is a linear aroma, without many changes, a mixture of musk and vetiver, very animalic and dirty, but very well balanced by the sweet notes of plum and honey and a touch of vanilla. These sweet notes, do not feel unpleasant and keep that dirty and animal character very contained. Sometimes, it gave me the impression of a beautiful floral musk, but it was only a distant impression, because then I smelled it on my wrist and no trace of the floral notes I thought I perceived. This is the smell of all the development of the perfume, only that, at the start, the sweet notes and the plum are more present and intense, and these, progressively diminishing until the death of the perfume at skin level. Without doubt, a dark musk with a high content of explicit material, if we were in another era, this would have been censored ... beautiful.

The performance is very good, it has been on my skin for more than 10 hours, with a very noticeable wake, at least, the first two hours, and then it goes down to moderate and gradually falling until it is stuck to the skin. I have obtained this performance with a small amount of perfume and for my taste, totally unisex.

I think the most appropriate use for this perfume is at night, between winter, autumn and spring, I do not think its use is appropriate during the summer, it could saturate, but, as I always say, this is relative, and everyone knows when He has to use it, without more.

The perfume I liked, it is a very sexual and animal aroma, which has surprised me, because I am not a lover of perfumes with a prominent note of musk, and, however, I like it, they will be things of the age or that my smell is maturing jejeje. The fact is that, if you like these musky perfumes and sexual connotations, you have to try it, highly recommended with a very low price for the performance it offers, being one of the most economical perfumes of this house.

Sorry for my bad english.
9.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

Dark masculine nostalgic
Dark, masculine, nostalgic.
For some reason I go back in time, this attar makes me travel, not in space but in time, the funny part, I have no idea why but this scent is familiar to me, like a vintage fragrance.

This is a beautiful attar, amazingly strong, high quality black musk. Beautiful plum over a base of slightly dirty vetiver, a bit sweet, musky and dark, I get a bit of animalic notes as well, actually in the dry down on my skin the animalic notes are a bit too intense, the only thing that turns me a bit off, I'm not a big fan of animalic notes.

Nonetheless this is an amazing fragrance, with a vintage style, powerful, strong and masculine, yet sweet and very well balanced, just beautiful.

Does not fit me exactly but an amazing fragrance nonetheless.