Fierce (2002) Cologne

Fierce (Cologne) by Abercrombie & Fitch
Fierce (Cologne) (Abercrombie & Fitch)

Fierce (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Abercrombie & Fitch for men and was released in 2002. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Orange, Petitgrain, Fir resin, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Rosemary
Base Notes Base NotesRosewood, Oakmoss, Musk, Vetiver

Submitted by Andi136, last update on 26.12.2018

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Don't confuse Crimes with Scents
Who could have prognosticated a clothing company associated with insipid, narcissistic teens would have produced one of the best adult male perfumes ever. Probably the most recognisable scent of all time and I kind of hate it for that because it smells so freaking good. A cologne that every popular teenager has or did have, and linked to many terrible crimes on the campus of many colleges. But that does not matter. Ok, I am 54 years old, and I know that A&F rotates towards a younger demographic. But this fragrance is absolutely fantastic. Fierce was a blind buy based on reviews, and I visited many sites and forums before buying it, too many I would say. Since I have another A&F cologne, South California or SoCal to be precise, which I adore, I ultimately bought it.

I didn’t expect Fierce to be wrong, nor did I suppose to love it. Yes, it met my expectations, but I like it better than I thought I would.
With my surprise, the first time I smelt it I felt dark woody feeling, somehow I was not thrilled with the purchase. Fierce is citrus aromatic, fougère, woody, spicy, and resinous. Its opening is a competent citrus accord with a bit of warming spice, the cardamom I reckon, and a generous dose of resinous fir balsam. The overture has a citrusy mossy aspect that remains throughout the fragrance life. However, you don't indeed detect any overcast citrus as say the scent of an orange or a lemon. It's not sugary nor tart by any means but instead bares those tendencies of citrus without actually smelling as though. It's hard to explain.

Then after a while, I started to feel the sweet notes, the jasmine, lily of the valley and the incredible rose. It was not such a bad smell.
Its textured floral central level is masculine enough, and the touch of aromatic and green rosemary adds considerably to the depth of the fragrance by cooling the warm florals.

I enjoy the base and make special note of the rosewood and oakmoss. Oh man, it’s a pleasure to find those two modernly unpopular notes used so well in this kind of fragrance. The light musk and hint of vetiver remain under the dominant and heavy woody notes along with the not tart and unsweetened citrus moss. It's quite beautiful and by far the most woody fragrance I've ever smelled and also the sharpest wood fragrance I've ever sniffed.

Day after day I started to fall in love with this fragrance, I was sniffing the bottle every 15 minutes 20 times a day maybe more. I become addicted to the sniffing. But then the feeling started to decrease. I still when I wear this I feel it every way I go 7 hours minimum with few sprays only. But the first days will stay with me forever one sniffing from the bottle was enough to feel the smell 3-4 hours all way out, like a considerable emotion. I have several niche fragrances, but I keep coming back to Fierce.

That said, the scent is woody aromatic for cold romantic autumn and spring nights. Sillage is excellent, and longevity is outstanding. I can breathe this on my dresses the next day.

Anyone from a youth to an adult up to the age of 50 can pull this off, even though I don't think anyone over 25 would try this out and it's a darn shame! Maybe the fact that all the teens are wearing this do not understand the concept of over applying cologne that has ruined this scent for you. A timeless cologne doesn't have an age group on it; this fragrance can be worn by any man, at any age. Spray it on your hand, walk around, and see what you might think of it then. You might be surprised! Overall rating from me, buy it, you won't be disappointed. Fierce has set a new standard of excellence in the world of fragrance that few colognes can match.

-Elysium

Mkpunk 17 months ago
A men's classic that smells similar to Curve but less plastic. It is a titan in men's fragrances. It is a people pleaser but so recognizable+1
Bottle 5.0
Sillage 7.0
Longevity 10.0
Scent 7.5
Elysium 3 years ago
Definitely a subtle scent, either you love or hate it. Powerful zesty notes start it off, aromatic in between, and dies down into rose-musky!+2
Bottle 7.0