First Instinct Blue Man (2018)

First Instinct Blue Man by Abercrombie & Fitch
Bottle Design: Studio Pi Design

First Instinct Blue Man is a new perfume by Abercrombie & Fitch for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesFrozen apple, Bergamot, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Rosemary, Pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Tonka bean, Sandalwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 08.10.2019

7.0 5.0 4.0 8.0/10

Wildpage
no profile, ok, low durability
i think the fragrance is actually quite successful, especially the opening is good for me. afterwards the fragrance becomes very insignificant and doesn't last very long. but the fragrance is never intrusive or heavy, i think that's good. i wouldn't buy the fragrance again, but if you want to give it to someone you don't know well, you can give it to someone
8.0 7.0 7.0/10

Aion
I am surprised by the bad statements of many here..
First Instinct Blue men is not a perfume that totally skin you from your socks and convinces you with its unique fragrance and nuances, but it is a great perfume that does not smell too intrusive. The fragrance is very reminiscent of the sea and I think it delivers great aquatic notes and a pleasant freshness. But you have to admit that it smells in a certain way like a typical shower gel, only in a more beautiful way. In my opinion it's also quite individual since nowadays everyone walks around with an obtrusively strong musk scent. All in all I think it's good, especially when it comes to price/performance, but it doesn't inspire and fascinate.
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Cirrus
Gift horse in the mouth...
I received the perfume as a gift and was a little skeptical at first where I read the first comments here on Parfumo. You don't look a gift horse in the mouth... but still, with my preference for Amouage perfumes the bar is set high.
Now let's give it a try I thought, go dancing, see what my dance partner means. My first impression: sweet, not unpleasant, positively surprised contrary to what I thought based on the existing comments. However, the quality of the Amouages does not come close, of course.

I leave out a flowery description of the components, this is not my strength...I smell components out but what they are then in detail, my nose is too little sensitive, although sensitive as far as the smell or smell is concerned.

Let's look further...then we drove to my dance partner to pick her up...She at the door: mhh...you smell nice, what's that? Ok Sillage can also not be bad, I only applied 2-3 splashes.
I was quite surprised and told her it was a new perfume I was testing. As the evening became longer I was surprised by the durability of this perfume, and the 5-6h durability proved to be longer on my skin than expected.

To cut a long story short: the perfume is not unpleasant, for me a summer perfume, slightly aquatic somehow. I will use up the bottle, because I don't think the water is bad, but I won't buy any more water.

Lemonadi 20 months ago
Unfortunately has nothing to do with the original First Instinct, reminds me very much of Versace Dylan Blue. Nice, but not impressive.+2