First Instinct Man 2016 Eau de Toilette

First Instinct Man (Eau de Toilette) by Abercrombie & Fitch
Bottle Design Studio Pi Design
First Instinct Man (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Abercrombie & Fitch for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Philippe Romano

Top Notes Top NotesGin tonicGin tonic
KiwanoKiwano
Heart Notes Heart NotesSichuan pepperSichuan pepper
Violet leafViolet leaf
Citrus notesCitrus notes
Base Notes Base NotesSuedeSuede
AmberAmber

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.10.2021.

The teen summer melon
This fragrance was given to me by my wife a few years ago because she liked it.

Fragrance:
How do you feel when you wear *First Instinct*?
- The scent has melon as the top note - somehow I feel like I'm 18 and transported back to a beach party. He is simply fresh-fruity and resembles for me at least in the opening to Montblancs Legend Spirit (grapefruit).

When do I wear *First Instinct* most like?
- In the summer from 20-30 degrees and in my free time and when I want to feel young.

How can you compare *First Instinct* with other summer fragrances?
- John Varvatos - Artisan Pure: also super fresh, but much more citrusy - for me from 30 degrees and white clothes
- Versace - Eau Fraiche: Rather the pool fragrance and somehow even more all-rounder, since fresher.
- Montblanc - Legend Spirit: Opening very similar, but in the course much sweeter and more towards Hubba-Bubba.

SILLAGE / DURABILITY:
- The sillage is I think ok.
- The durability is good on my skin / clothes 4-6 hours.

FLACON:
- Nice, but average.

PRICE / PERFORMANCE:
- The 100ml variant I bought at the time for 45 euros. Price performance is ok.

CONCLUSION:
For all those looking for a fruity teenager fragrance for the summer certainly ok. A fragrance that is cheaper and can also be used well for sports is from Montblanc the Legend Spirit. As a general summer fragrance recommendation also for older I would recommend Versace Eau Fraiche and directly from the refrigerator.
T-shirt on and out
The A&F is a pleasant spring and summer scent. Is imagine a tattered jeans and a T-shirt. In addition, the sun is shining and I strip me the sunglasses in the hair and enjoy the breeze in the hair.

A pleasant light fragrance, but does not impress with silage / performance or durability. I perceive him around the 2-4 hours on the skin. A good school or office fragrance. Does not stand out from the crowd, but is pleasant for most.
LeonB
Gin and tonic in fruity.
I have the fragrance cheap ersoukt. I get vorallem directly a gin note and then immediately the fruity watermelon. The freshness and the fruity notes he keeps on my skin also quite good. I notice it myself for about 3 hours. Definitely something for the younger perfume interested (16-22). For the small money definitely a recommendation for the summer!

Where have you been ?
I LOVE the smell of this scent ! I finally found a scent that fits so well in the summer. It's laid back somehow, not very powerful to offend, not too weak neither. Perfectly balanced. It's just a light, soft, awesome tropical smell. That melon in it is just magic. A bit sweet, also a touch of freshness in the background. It's 100% a summer banger. For me, it smells like spontaneous craziness lol. Fun days/nights. Being a discrete frag, it can be very versatile (office, dates, parties, casual and so on).
Another advantage it's the price which is pretty low if you ask me.
Performance ? It stays with me 5-6 hours with a decent projection in the first 2 hours and then it stars to fade away slowly as the time passes.
I am in that point where I have more appreciation for the smell of a fragrance and not for the performance of it.
So if you are looking for a nice casual, tropical, easy to wear & cheap, this might suit you.

Overal : 7.5 /10
Parfumflyer
Pleasant fragrance, but does not last long
Despite the bad reputation of A&F as a brand, the fragrance is considered to be unusually successful... this and the unusual pyramid of fragrances have animated me to make a blind buy.

The flacon is pretty and handy and therefore the price is reasonable.

To the fragrance:
Directly while spraying, my nose is first confused by a myriad of different, mainly synthetic notes - as soon as the confusion subsides after a few seconds, I can actually make out some gin and some "exotic melon", accompanied by light pepper (I don't like too strong pepper notes, but here it is very well dosed and placed) and some citrus-fruit-flower mixture (I wouldn't have guessed, but the floral one will probably be the violet).
The whole thing then sits comfortably warm on the skin... in fact, suede and ambergris can also be smelled!
The fragrance is now, of course, neither particularly elegant nor particularly striking. It simply lacks a bit of character, but as an everyday scent for the hoodie it definitely fits. And not necessarily just for younger people... you won't be angry with the fragrance, whether you get compliments will still be seen.

The projection and sillage, which were initially quite good, unfortunately evaporate quite quickly, so that 2-3 hours remain for a still very beautiful, but unfortunately only body-hugging scent.

Anyway, I like the scent DNA well and the price is okay: First Instict may stay in the collection.
Fraqmental
Young pound babe with expiration date
This very sweet and yet fruity fresh fragrance is made for the summer. As far as I know, there's pear(?) in it, which makes First Instinct unique in its category. I wouldn't call it a teeny scent, but at the age of 25 I think I'm already on the verge of wearing it, because its scent DNA is very much aimed at the younger target group. Nevertheless, only recently I received a compliment for it from a 50 year old lady and in general it seems to go down quite well with adult women, as this was not an isolated case. Personally, I miss a little the adult in the fragrance and it doesn't really emphasize my masculinity.

The shelf life is quite ok, in the summer heat good & sometimes 5-6 hours, I think that's ok - but he won't last a whole day.
Projection and Sillage are good, others notice the scent.
My bottle will soon be empty, good that I only had a small one, I will not buy this fragrance anymore - not because it is not good but simply because I can no longer identify with it (longer) - Fierce is clearly more my area at A&F.
For the younger among us, however, it is definitely worth a blind purchase if you consider the price and will please most of them.

Brightstar
Great Smokey Musk Blended with Sweetness Fragrance (8.5/10)
The scent is smokey musk blend with a sweet scent. The smokey musk scent on the top notes is quite similar to Dolce & Gabbanna 6 L'amoureux.

The longevity of the scent is okay, especially on evening, night, and cold season use.
For non 4-seasons countries, the scent is good on evening, night, and cold season. The longevity long-last around 5-6 hours on mentioned period, and 3-4 hours on day.
For the 4-seasons countries, the longevity is around 5-6 hours.

Performance
The performance of this fragrance is okay. For the first 30 minutes, the scent is very similar to D&G 6 L'amoureux. When its goes to middle note, the smokey musk scent is getting soft. This fragrance is good to be wear in closed area and passive activity.

The sillage of this First Instinct is okay especially on the top notes. Just only, the scent is quite similar to D&G 6.

Uniqueness
This First Instinct has not much uniqueness to be mention. Only toward its great smokey musk & sweet scent.

Bottle Design
The bottle design of First Instinct is ordinary. Its feel solid and complete when holding the bottle of Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct.

Sweet & Tart
I notice review sites and YouTubers mentioning a similarity to CH Men by C. Herrera.

I get the sweetness but this, to me, is sweet fruit and not sugar itself.

Not too fruity though, I am really liking it.

There's a tartness that does not die down after an hour or so like others where base notes like musk, woods or resins take over and finish off the lifespan of a scent.

It is still going after 8 hrs. on me.
Definetly warm weather scent and i dont feel awkward wearing it even though I am not a teen or early twenty-something.

Aquarius1Aquarius1 3 months ago
Fruity, youthful scent. Gave it away to my nephew for him to rock this in high school, I can't see myself wearing such a perfume anymore.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 6 months ago
nice tropical, melon heavy scent for summertime partying
BrightstarBrightstar 4 years ago
Feel complete to have this fragrance. Scent and sillage is okay and suitable for night, evening, and cold time.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Fresh and tangy fragrance, suitable for the office (since it's harmless), but also interchangeable and completely unexciting.

by BastiM7
by BastiM7
by Mathias86
by Mathias86

Popular Abercrombie & Fitch

Fierce (Cologne) by Abercrombie & Fitch Authentic Man by Abercrombie & Fitch Batch No. 46 by Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct Extreme by Abercrombie & Fitch Woods (1997) (Cologne) by Abercrombie & Fitch Authentic Night Man by Abercrombie & Fitch Authentic Woman by Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct Woman by Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce Intense by Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct Blue Man by Abercrombie & Fitch Private Selection - Oud Amour by Abercrombie & Fitch Authentic Night Woman by Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct Together Man by Abercrombie & Fitch Woods (2010) by Abercrombie & Fitch 8 by Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct Blue Woman by Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce Confidence by Abercrombie & Fitch Perfume No. 1 by Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct Sheer by Abercrombie & Fitch 1892 by Abercrombie & Fitch