First Instinct Man (2016) Eau de Toilette

First Instinct Man (Eau de Toilette) by Abercrombie & Fitch
Bottle Design: Studio Pi Design

First Instinct Man (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Abercrombie & Fitch for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-sweet. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Philippe Romano

Top Notes Top NotesGin tonic, Kiwano
Heart Notes Heart NotesSichuan pepper, Violet leaf, Citric notes
Base Notes Base NotesSuede musk, Amber

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 13.05.2019

Fraqmental
Young pound babe with expiration date
This very sweet and yet fruity fresh fragrance is made for the summer. As far as I know, there's pear(?) in it, which makes First Instinct unique in its category. I wouldn't call it a teeny scent, but at the age of 25 I think I'm already on the verge of wearing it, because its scent DNA is very much aimed at the younger target group. Nevertheless, only recently I received a compliment for it from a 50 year old lady and in general it seems to go down quite well with adult women, as this was not an isolated case. Personally, I miss a little the adult in the fragrance and it doesn't really emphasize my masculinity.

The shelf life is quite ok, in the summer heat good & sometimes 5-6 hours, I think that's ok - but he won't last a whole day.
Projection and Sillage are good, others notice the scent.
My bottle will soon be empty, good that I only had a small one, I will not buy this fragrance anymore - not because it is not good but simply because I can no longer identify with it (longer) - Fierce is clearly more my area at A&F.
For the younger among us, however, it is definitely worth a blind purchase if you consider the price and will please most of them.
8.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

Brightstar
Great Smokey Musk Blended with Sweetness Fragrance (8.5/10)
The scent is smokey musk blend with a sweet scent. The smokey musk scent on the top notes is quite similar to Dolce & Gabbanna 6 L'amoureux.

The longevity of the scent is okay, especially on evening, night, and cold season use.
For non 4-seasons countries, the scent is good on evening, night, and cold season. The longevity long-last around 5-6 hours on mentioned period, and 3-4 hours on day.
For the 4-seasons countries, the longevity is around 5-6 hours.

Performance
The performance of this fragrance is okay. For the first 30 minutes, the scent is very similar to D&G 6 L'amoureux. When its goes to middle note, the smokey musk scent is getting soft. This fragrance is good to be wear in closed area and passive activity.

The sillage of this First Instinct is okay especially on the top notes. Just only, the scent is quite similar to D&G 6.

Uniqueness
This First Instinct has not much uniqueness to be mention. Only toward its great smokey musk & sweet scent.

Bottle Design
The bottle design of First Instinct is ordinary. Its feel solid and complete when holding the bottle of Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct.
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Sweet & Tart
I notice review sites and YouTubers mentioning a similarity to CH Men by C. Herrera.

I get the sweetness but this, to me, is sweet fruit and not sugar itself.

Not too fruity though, I am really liking it.

There's a tartness that does not die down after an hour or so like others where base notes like musk, woods or resins take over and finish off the lifespan of a scent.

It is still going after 8 hrs. on me.
Definetly warm weather scent and i dont feel awkward wearing it even though I am not a teen or early twenty-something.

Brightstar 15 months ago
Feel complete to have this fragrance. Scent and sillage is okay and suitable for night, evening, and cold time.
9.0
9.0
Hermesh 3 years ago
Fresh and tangy fragrance, suitable for the office (since it's harmless), but also interchangeable and completely unexciting.+1
6.0