Black Pepper & Sandalwood 2014

Black Pepper & Sandalwood by Acca Kappa
Black Pepper & Sandalwood is a perfume by Acca Kappa for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Luca Maffei

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Elemi resin, Davana, Saffron, Clove, Nutmeg, Balsam fir
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose, Cinnamon, Black pepper, Oud
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Haitian vetiver, Sandalwood, Virginia cedar, Cypriol, Black musk

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 04.07.2020.

Milhouse
I guess when you sneeze, it's pepper...
For my first comment in this wonderful community I was looking for something that I could describe. Something that was not too complex for my still "untrained" nose Nevertheless, it should be something "worthy". And so I ended up with "Black Pepper & Sandalwood" by Acca Kappa, after all winner of the "Art and Olfaction Award" in the "Independent Category" 2015 (one year after release).
Acca Kappa is a traditional Italian family business with German roots. The Krüll family has been running the business since 1869 and since then has brought all kinds of beautiful things to the market.

To the fragrance:

right at the beginning I can sign the chosen name (at least in parts) like this. Pepper. Directly a bit intrusive and stinging, but that subsides in the first minutes. It becomes a bit calmer, rather fresh, also a little bit sweetish. Enthusiastic about my achievement to have identified a note right at the beginning, I take a look at the pyramid. Top note: cloves. Damn it. While I'm still pondering whether I heard the clove or the pepper, the fragrance becomes more and more cuddly and friendly. I have now finally left the pungent start behind me and I try to concentrate on what else I can recognize.
During the first hour I wonder what the pleasant sweetness might be when it suddenly happens: I have to sneeze. (No kidding). Well, then it must have been pepper... or does the smell herald the transition from head to heart? Either way, the nose is now free again and I can continue sniffing.
Black Pepper & Sandalwood now becomes softer and creamier, which I would like to attribute to sandalwood as a further name giver. Flowery chords can also be heard very discreetly, the rose will probably be. Cinnamon and pepper together give a fine freshness without any citric influences, which makes me very happy.
So the fragrance remains until the end, with the freshness retreating more and more to leave the place to the warm and creamy notes at some point.
For me the fragrance has not a very complex development, but that definitely doesn't have to be a bad thing and it's not here! It goes from freshly pungent without much detours to creamy warm. Nevertheless, you should like pepper, after all, it is significantly involved in the freshness of the fragrance.
I was (or still am) very satisfied with the durability of the fragrance. I applied it at noon and now I can use it on the couch in the evening as well. Here I would give 8/10 points.
I would rate the fragrance itself with 7/10 points. It is not necessarily my cup of tea, but it seems to me to have been created and implemented in an orderly fashion I would also rate the Sillage with 7/10 points, which is actually a top value for my feeling. Not everybody within a radius of 10 meters has to know that I was there 20 minutes ago ;)
With the bottle, Acca Kappa didn't go out of its way to go out of its way and remained true to its simple, straightforward design. But I think the black lettering on the red background of the label is very consistent with the fragrance. 7/10.

Smellavision
Great creamy sandalwood & patchouli...
Just got a sample of this with another purchase last month and finally got to test it for two nights in a row.

I've never heard of the AK brand, but let me tell you : if you are a sucker for sandalwood as I am, this will be very interesting to you. I don't get any cedar or oud as mentioned in the pyramid above.
What I get is a great black pepper and saffron blast that within an hour transforms into one of the creamiest sandalwoods I've tried along with patchouli and hints of vetiver.
Just gorgeous and very relaxing, I could imagine wearing this scent with a glass of whisky in front of the fireplace - if I had one.

I just checked the pricerange and it seems to be around US$ 90 for 100 ml, which is quite pricey - but if you love a creamy sandalwood/patchouli combo, I'd say go for it!

Popular Acca Kappa

Muschio Bianco / White Moss (Eau de Parfum) by Acca Kappa Vaniglia Fior di Mandorlo by Acca Kappa Muschio Bianco / White Moss (Eau de Cologne) by Acca Kappa Mimosa by Acca Kappa Tilia Cordata by Acca Kappa 1869 (Eau de Parfum) by Acca Kappa Glicine (Eau de Cologne) by Acca Kappa Calycanthus by Acca Kappa Giallo Elicriso by Acca Kappa LiboCedro (Eau de Cologne) by Acca Kappa Cedro (Eau de Cologne) by Acca Kappa Blue Lavender by Acca Kappa Giardino Segreto by Acca Kappa Ode by Acca Kappa Myscent 150 by Acca Kappa Green Mandarin (Acqua di Colonia) by Acca Kappa 1869 (Eau de Cologne) by Acca Kappa Šfarìa by Acca Kappa Virginia Rose by Acca Kappa Fior d'Aqua by Acca Kappa