Calycanthus (2003)

Calycanthus by Acca Kappa

Calycanthus is a perfume by Acca Kappa for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Neroli, Plant juice
Heart Notes Heart NotesPeony, Cyclamen, Calycanthus, Stephanotis
Base Notes Base NotesPeach, Musk, Orange blossom honey

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 09.08.2018

5.0 7.5 10.0 5.0/10

How shall I call you?
I do not know calycanthus, I have not had the pleasure to smell it - and I do not think, that I would forget it, if it happened.

CALYCANTHUS all along gives me the feeling, that I know the notes very well, it is easy to analyse and easy to understand - but it is more difficult in fact.

All what I can detect at the beginning is a green lilly-of-the-valley. Charming and cute, innocent. Green has many shades, this one is light as aloe vera or cactus.
Unfortunately there is a synthetic power in the fragrance, that goes out to patrol and discourages people who probable would be attracted by the gentle and gleeful beginning. It also gets way too sweet.

For the base I get back a citric green freshness, with a bunch of flowers, but I would not like to force myself to deal with heart notes till that.

CALYCANTHUS is clearly dedicated for women, rather for young than for old. Endurance is excellent, radius is also good.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

An English garden in Spring
Calycanthus is a beautiful and refreshing interpretation of an old English garden.

My childhood home is built on 4 hectares, 2 hectares being an English garden complete with white gravel paths, archways and a vineyard. Calycanthus takes me back there.

It opens quite strongly with sweet, dewy jasmine and orange blossom. There's also a rather green feel to this fragrance, making it smell like a natural bouquet of flowers rather than a perfume.

As it develops a sweet powderiness begins to show. It doesn't overpower the composition, but it does however give Calycanthus a clean-like quality.

This fragrance is all about sparkling florals and sweet honey. It's not particularly unique, but it is distinctive. A wonderful Spring fragrance in my opinion.

This fragrance is pretty, feminine, fresh and lasting. It may be niche, but Calycanthus is not a fragrance so daring that it can't be worn by perfume novices. I do believe that a majority of people will enjoy this fragrance, one reason being that it's a nicely composed jasmine scent, one that doesn't overpower or turn rancid on the skin.

by MissGuerlain
by MissGuerlain

Popular Acca Kappa

Muschio Bianco / White Moss (Eau de Cologne) by Acca Kappa Muschio Bianco / White Moss (Eau de Parfum) by Acca Kappa Vaniglia Fior di Mandorlo by Acca Kappa Mimosa by Acca Kappa 1869 (Eau de Cologne) by Acca Kappa Calycanthus by Acca Kappa Black Pepper & Sandalwood by Acca Kappa Blue Lavender by Acca Kappa Green Mandarin by Acca Kappa Giardino Segreto by Acca Kappa Cedro (Eau de Cologne) by Acca Kappa Tilia Cordata by Acca Kappa LiboCedro (Eau de Cologne) by Acca Kappa Glicine (Eau de Cologne) by Acca Kappa Giallo Elicriso by Acca Kappa 1869 (Eau de Parfum) by Acca Kappa Hibiscus by Acca Kappa Ode by Acca Kappa Virginia Rose by Acca Kappa Fior d'Aqua by Acca Kappa