Le Vie della Lana - Cashmere Twill (2008)

Le Vie della Lana - Cashmere Twill by Acqua di Biella

Le Vie della Lana - Cashmere Twill is a perfume by Acqua di Biella for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry leaf, Calabrian bergamot, Cashmere wool, Sicilian lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAniseed, Iris, Cardamom, Magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrette seed, Lebanon cedar, Vetiver, White moss

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 03.07.2019.

6.0 6.0 8.0 9.0/10

i'm really flat
Le Vie della Lana - Cashmere Twill begins intensely fruity - sweet, but also subtly citric - herbaceous.

Our perfume "reni379" I would like to express my sincere thanks for the sample.

The first thing you can notice is a very intense fruity, already very sweet raspberry, when you actually think you have a big freshly picked bucket in front of you and you still have leftovers on your fingers.

The raspberry leaf, where I have to say that it seems more like authentically boiled raspberry puree (I'm thinking especially of the jam without seeds), but thanks to the bergamot, which gives the raspberry leaf something slightly herbaceous and makes sure that the top note does not appear sweet - sticky, but creates a certain "balancing act", between fresh - sweet, but still going towards the gourmand
"In my opinion, didd must be packed first, didd is art for me!"

The Sicilian lemon is responsible for the fact that the top note gets something quite slightly "refreshing" and lets its discreet acidity "flash up" quite calmly and actually gives me a "WOW effect".

The entire top note is very soft and cuddly, which can only be cashmere wool, but does not contribute to the synthetic effect of the fragrance.

This constellation is visible on my skin for 25 minutes before the heart note unfolds.

Now there is a sweetish, very slightly bitter - aromatic note to be perceived, which has made it its business to be "greeted" by you every now and then and which comes from the anise.

At the same time there is a beautiful intense flowery, also slightly sweetish - creamy note to be perceived, which "makes you swelter" and is due to the magnolia.

Both notes are surrounded by a fine, yet gentle flowery - powdery Nunace, which provides a "beautiful" feeling and comes from the iris.

The heart note is wrapped in an aromatic, slightly sweetish nuance and gives it something "air-lifting" and only the cardamom can be and actually maintains the "WOW - effect.

"I'm really positively flat!"

The heart note is noticeable on my skin for 5 hours before the base asserts itself.

I could not perceive the given notes of the base at all.

The base for my nose ends with a beautiful thick, creamy, slightly sweet vanilla, which has a subtle smokiness.

Le Vie della Lana - Cashmere Twill is a great companion in the spring, summer and autumn months for the woman and the man of every age, who are also looking for a flowery, creamy, aromatic fragrance, which brings a beautiful effect and makes you smell again and again.

In total the fragrance lasts 8 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is clearly perceived at half an arm's length and this is maintained also 3.5 hours in such a way, before it reduces itself in quiet steps, until the smell finally completely fades away.
5.0 7.5 5.0/10

Freshly washed sheets
This fragrance reminds me of the scent of damp, freshly washed, floral scented linen. It's the exact scent of my sheets as they blow in the breeze after I've hung them up to dry. I'm not sure whether it's a smell I prefer around me or on me.

I may have applied more than I should have, mistaking this fragrance for something soft and ethereal prior to spraying. How wrong I was. This fragrance opens quite strongly and without mercy.

In the official scent pyramid, one of the main notes is wool essence. Well that certainly explains the material accord I keep smelling. I can't seem to get past that strong, lemony floral blend that resembles the scent of soap and laundry detergent. I don't mean that in a bad way, in fact the unique quality that is presented here is admirable.

It has quite a crisp and green berry accord, most likely from the raspberry leaves. The overall feel of this fragrance is soapy, clean and refreshing. Perhaps even a little bit cuddly.

Honestly, it's not my cup of tea. Like other reviewers here, I've tried to love it but failed. I prefer smoother florals, yet I do find Cashmere Twill's crispness invigorating at times. It is nothing like Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist, and for that, I'm glad. It's original, and in a very strange sense of the word, I like it.
10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

A Ball of Liquid Silk unraveling on Skin
A Ball of Liquid Silk unraveling on Skin, Bergamot with it's Sharp Citric
note Gives an Impression that Cashmere is has a Tough Outerlayer it does,
In a Minute the interplay of Lemon and Star-anise soften Cashmere from a harsh
Citric to more of a delicate sparkle, Like a Clipped Wing of a Cicada it's Transparency conjours cashmere to an Arcane aesthetic Of Faeries at last it's
namesake enters the senses Cashmere! the note makes the wearer feel of Rich and yet Translucent Silk Caressing your skin like there's nothing there,
I Noticed a Understated note of Pink Rose adds the base of Cashmere it's Rosy
Undertone brings a Girlish Innocence a shy guest in a more Woodish scent,
7.5 10.0 4.0/10

Gabardine Seersucker
Something about Acqua di Biella CASHMERE TWILL does not work at all for me. Initially it seemed that it was going to be a smooth floral woody musk, but that impression was abruptly refuted by a harsh veer toward the more and more common category which I refer to as "industrial clean".

I am a big fan of soap notes in perfume, but this twenty-first-century cleaning product demeanor is definitely not for me. It's somewhat sharp and green but without being natural smelling. I detect none of the alleged notes of this perfume, many of which I love in other perfumes, including anise, cardamom, iris and magnolia.

It is possible that I overapplied this powerful potion with big sillage and industrial-strength longevity, and that may be the reason why I suffered a headache during the wear. But it does not matter, because I do not like this composition, so I have no interest in finding out whether I could avoid the headache through a lighter application. Not for me.

by Shamis
by Shamis

Popular Acqua di Biella

Le Vie della Lana - Cashmere Twill by Acqua di Biella Le Vie della Lana - Kid Mohair by Acqua di Biella Bursch by Acqua di Biella Ca' Luna by Acqua di Biella Janca by Acqua di Biella Baraja by Acqua di Biella Acqua di Biella No. 1 by Acqua di Biella Preja Buja by Acqua di Biella