Hafen by Acqua di Hamburg

Hafen is a new perfume by Acqua di Hamburg for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Grapefruit, Black pepper, Vanilla, Frankincense, Sandalwood

Submitted by Gaukeleya, last update on 19.10.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

The safe harbour
After I have tested all 4 of this brand extensively and have already written a comment for the fragrance Kiez, now follows one on the port fragrance. I had ordered all four and found them all very solid. The brand advertises with four fragrances, each of which should have a theme. Even though I find them all quite good, unfortunately I cannot say that the scents have a relation to the respective topic. Of course they are a nice souvenir and for patriots an eye-catcher with the Hammerburg, but the titles don't really come to mind when I smell them The brand is more likely to be a self-made brand with a small budget, which also means that the price is not too high. They're cheap, not cheap. The flacons are plain, standard and the Hamburg logos are just glued on. But it doesn't bother me, because I think she's quite pretty as a hamburger.

I can only recommend the port of Hamburg to every tourist. Hamburg has the third largest port in Europe and it is always worth a visit. We have an incredibly beautiful harbour promenade which is very long and perfect for romantic walks in summer. Also the annual harbour birthday is always well filled and recommendable. For me it is a place I like to visit again and again and have already experienced one or the other beautiful moment. A magical place even in the dark.
What does this smell have to do with this place? Not much in my opinion. Anyway, I have to say it's almost impossible to dedicate a scent to a place. Roughly you can reflect the properties of course, but in detail of course not really possible.

I can sign the indicated twin like this. This is him vom Zadig & Voltaire. Especially since the pyramid is exactly the same, only without head-heart-base division. A slightly complex but pleasing fragrance at the start with plenty of peppered grapefruit. Wood on vanilla is added quickly. A nice soft vanilla that is not too heavy. Very pleasing, the vanilla sandalwood blend. Anyone looking for something new or extremely extravagant will be disappointed. I like to wear such scents especially in simple leisure situations.
In terms of price, the difference to twin fragrances is not very great. But the harbour seems fresher and lighter to me, which can score points in many situations. I can recommend both fragrances.
You get the expected pyramid without unpleasant surprises. Fresh bergamot, neatly peppered, soft vanilla, soft sandalwood and discreet incense. Little complex and absolutely unisex.
The performance is not gigantic but solid. Sillage is about very close and the shelf life is absolutely okay with over 5 hours.

All in all a safe haven. Altogether a nice souvenir for all non-Hamburgers and also for Hamburgers a nice gimmick.
Greetings from the Hanseatic city