Kiez by Acqua di Hamburg

Kiez is a new perfume by Acqua di Hamburg for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is fruity-floral. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Orange, Fig, Musk, White oleander

Submitted by Gaukeleya, last update on 01.04.2019

9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Hamburg my pearl
The title had to be :-) As a proud hamburger I had to test or buy this series of course. Hamburg is my home and here I feel at home. It goes without saying that I test the Acqua di Hamburg brand there. I came across this brand through Parfumo, since the 4 fragrances was displayed as a new release. Didn't know the brand. Through Google then stumbled on the homepage of this brand. AdH is a brand designed by a couple together with a perfumer. It is based on the brand Acqua di Parma to give Hamburg a scent. Of course not as serious as the traditional AdP series. My expectations were not that high, also because of the fair prices. Not cheap, but accessible to everyone. 38 Euro for 50ml. The concept is probably also more aimed at Hamburgers and their fans.
Four fragrances have been released. Alster, Classic, harbour and this neighborhood. Even if everyone deals with their topic all 4 do not have so much to do with topic in my opinion. When I think of Kiez as a hamburger, of course something else comes to my mind than this fragrance. The complete opposite. But must say: All four are pleasing and pleasant to wear.
The brand seems to be small, but I like that. I ordered all four and the package came quickly with a handwritten label and Christmas tape. Very nice.

Now especially to the fragrance Kiez: The fragrance is from the beginning very uncomplicated and pleasing. What's more, the fragrance has little development. No head-heart-base, but rather monotonous, which I don't always find bad. Similar to the brand name they probably got inspiration from Fico di Amalfi. The fig note here is very strong and resembles his twin. It has a vegetable green and pleasant note, which harmonises very well with the fig. In the background, citric-fruity notes are present. It smells very Mediterranean and reminds of southern flair. Smells high quality. Last but not least, a helping of musk. Harmonious creation, very reminiscent of Fico di Amalfi. It didn't quite convince me because of its moderate performance, especially with the price. Here you get a similarly good fragrance at a fair price.
The performance is OK. It is an EdP and for a fresh fragrance the performance is decent.

No must-have for non-Hamburgers and no typical Kiez fragrance, yet I have not regretted this purchase.

Bumblebee Bumblebee...