Profumo by Acqua di Parma
Profumo is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for women and was released in 1930. The scent is floral-chypre. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Peony, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Labdanum absolute, Bulgarian rose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.08.2017

The original fragrance from 1930 is said to have consisted of more than 300 ingrediences. The fragrance was re-released multiple times. The most recent composition is from Nathalie Lorson, released in 2008.

Scent 10.0/10
When we tread somewhere with angels at our side.
2000 EDP

When we tread somewhere with angels at our side.

In the Summer of 1995 the Galleria degli Uffizi in Florence was undergoing some restoration and a big part of the artworks was not for visitation. One says "oh, no" for who knows when it's going to be, if ever, it the next time in the City of the Medici. Anyway, making the most of it there I went following the pre organized way to the gallery. I came to a point in which I had to open a door. It was dark on the other side. I took some time to adjust my eyes to the dim light and then saw a guard at the other end of the room, a small bench near the centre and, covering almost the whole wall, magnificent in inderect light, in air conditioned temperature, Sandro Botticelli's The Birth of Venus. Not knowing the real actual size of the painting, I was completely taken by surprse, a very good surprise. There was the bench. I could sit and admire, for as long as I liked. There were few Japanese tourists in those days, in the 90's.

Well, that's the feeling of smelling Profumo for the first time. I mean the 2000 Profumo, EDP, in the burgandy hard box. Although the Acqua di Parma scent is very close to Guerlain Mitsouko, the notes presented here must be just the heart ones, or any other good chypre, one thing makes it apart from the others, even from my beloved Miss M. Profumo is dense, thick and full body like an aged and refined ruby port. It feels heavy, but it'snot its own fault, we are too used to watery transparent scents of our times. Also, Profumo makes me have a glimpsy of what the old classics, like Mitsouko, smelt like then, when they were all like young vampires. Profumo is buttery, and as such one feels it could be cut in slices, to be spread onto the skin instead of spraying it. It is like seeing face to face, a painting you saw so many times in books and magazines, in films, just to realise it is much more than whatever you had dreamed before. Profumo brings voices from the past to deaf ears of the present. It takes a lot of sensitiveness to appreciate Beauty, as Italians are able to do so well.

Although I think they belong to the same genre, and therefore smell alike, Mitsouko and AdP Profumo stand on their own feet. I love both. And I am a man.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
One of the best
Beautiful, beautiful fragrance, a classic chypre. Reminiscent of "The Party in Manhattan" and (especially in the top notes, which are very peachy) of Mitsouko. Very harmonious, well-balanced. The old-fashioned bulb-atomizer looks beautiful and it rests in a gorgeous satin box - a true de-luxe presentation. "Profumo" is the quintessence of luxury epitomized in a fragrance. It's 100% "good taste" to me, it doesn't make too much noise, but delicately reinforces your own radiance. You could also call this perfume "balanced beauty in a bottle". An Italian masterpiece.
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Luscious Floral Chypre with Petals Swirling amidst a Patchouli-Labdanum Base
Acqua di Parma PROFUMO 2009 (the relaunch of the 1930 perfume) is incredibly gorgeous. A luscious floral chypre with swirling petals and a woody patchouli-labdanum base. I actually feel as though I am wearing gold it's so luxurious. In that respect, I'd agree with one reviewer's comparison to Hermès 24 FAUBOURG. Both perfumes are extremely elegant and, for lack of a better word, rich smelling: 24 karat gold!

However, they are very distinct. PROFUMO is not quite as bodaciously floral as 24 FAUBOURG, although the sillage is still rather grand. In some ways, PROFUMO reminds me a bit of (unreformulated) La Perla LA PERLA and La Praire Life Threads PLATINUM, but I feel that PROFUMO uses even better quality components than those two floral chypres, both of which, I should clarify, are beloved to me.

The flowers here are not all or even primarily white. The ylang and the peony mingle alongside rose and jasmine. I find the rose to be dominant, but this is not a rose perfume, per se. The patchouli and labdanum pull everything together in a splendid way. I don't know what else to say except that this is beautiful and I'd love to have a bottle!

I have found all of the floral perfumes of this house to be extremely well made, and I actually prefer them to the COLONIA series.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Profumo
This is a beautiful Woody Chypre opens
with an warm and deep raisin note of Labdanum dries to an powdery nuances of
green notes and Bulgarian Rose. to my senses i don't notice any peony in this
scent but i do notice is the elusive note
of Ylang ylang with it's deep earthy smell. But i love the drydown most most of all with the dryness of sandalwood
plays nicely with the grounded patchouli
and i can dectect the note of Civet
makes it a little primal.

The gold painted glass on this bottle is
art deco chic and sexiness the icon
of High Class.

• by Angua by Angua
  • by Angua by Angua
  • by Unchaned by Unchaned
  • by Michelangela by Michelangela
  • by Profumo by Profumo
  • by Unchaned by Unchaned
  • by Eloise by Eloise
  • by skanvidou by skanvidou
  • by Thais by Thais

Popular Acqua di Parma

Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile by Acqua di Parma Colonia Club (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Gelsomino Nobile by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile by Acqua di Parma Colonia Ambra by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Colonia Quercia by Acqua di Parma