Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria 2010

Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma
Bottle Design Acqua di Parma
Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi

CedarCedar
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin
MuskMusk
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.10.2021.

Don't forget the lemons!
"You're going to Calabria? Don't forget the lemons!"
So one might advise anyone loosely based on Friedrich Nietzsche's "Also sprach Zarathustra" who is planning a trip to southern Italy. Whether the flight goes to Naples on the Amalfi Coast, to Lamezia Therme in Calabria or to Catania in Sicily, a standard lemon from a German discount grocery store should always be carried by every traveler to these regions.
Why? To have comparison possibilities.
Because such a thing, which one gets to buy with us, one will get there rather not to eyes. I advise to visit local markets. Or take a trip in a rental car over the country and then stop on narrow country roads to see what small farmers are growing on their fields. You've never seen anything like it, you can't even put a name to it. Size, colors, smells, flavors, structures of the peels, everything. And our discount lemons will be bought afterwards only out of pure embarrassment. Is so.

I do celebrate Acqua di Parma. The cylindrical cardboard boxes in which the flacons rest in the shape of a solid truncated cone, with their rich colours and solid knobs. This shows quality consciousness, the glued-on labels with the typical letters reflect timeless Italian design. Visually alone, an ornament for any perfume collection.

With the first spray envelope one immediately several fresh citrus aromas. Sour, bitter and also sweet, but it remains at first rather with the lemon than with the bergamot or lime. The green and tart notes only gradually come to the fore, giving the fragrance depth. A variety of aromas comes to the fore, which one would not believe in the disdainful little citrus fruits from our discounters. But the fruits of southern Italy have so much more to offer than just sourness; a wide variety of green nuances and bitter nuances come to the fore. With loss of the sweetish-fruity aromas, the fragrance unfortunately flattens out a bit, since also the smoky and woody notes hardly help.

Depending on the temperature and especially humidity, the scent develops sometimes faster, sometimes slower. Especially in sultry weather, the scent seems to me literally flow from the skin. This is unfortunately the weak point of this fragrance: He remains apart from the freshness prelude rather close to the body, so a very intimate fragrance and the shelf life is also very short with only one to three hours in some cases. Since the top notes outshine the heart and base notes by far, you can add the fragrance at any time, nothing gets caught, nothing interferes. And you have to put unfortunately, you want to come through the day unscathed.

"Bergamotto di Calabria" is a fragrance that does without floral aromas, so it is very clear and unisex, for everyone always and everywhere very well wearable. I layer this fragrance also very happy about other Acqua di Parma fragrances over, for example, I give the very woody "Colonia Quercia" an additional freshness kick, without what gets in the way. Yummy!

Compare "Bergamotto di Calabria" with other citrus fragrances. The qualitative differences in the flavors should speak for themselves. Would not there be the shelf life. Much too short. Like every holiday in Italy, actually. One hands me a Granita or an iced Limoncello!
Farneon
Bergamot, lemon, ginger, bergamot, lemon, ginger, bergamot, lemon, ginger ... OFF!
I like the "Blu Mediterraneo" series of Acqua die Parma because of its natural citrus freshness. Whether the ingredients are actually noble and "hand-picked" in the end, I can not say. There are probably 11 fragrances in total, of which I have tested 5-6. My absolute favorite remains "Cedro di Taormina" (see my review at "Need"), even if it only has 170 and no 450 ratings. All fragrances of the blue series, however, line up similarly, with ratings around the 7,5.

Blue bottles stand per se in most cases for fresh fragrances, which makes it easier to find your way around. If they then still come in the retro pharmacist design and are named after Italian resorts, this is of course a marketing ploy that pulls quite. One should not forget that Acqua di Parma belongs 100% to the largest luxury goods company in the world: LVMH
With a niche brand, we have to do it here so not at all, but with a consistent product strategy. Because Acqua di Parma makes not in trends, not on thick pants and not in fat sillage. Here, holiday feeling is to be awakened. Here, regional craftsmanship is propagated. Here, the "Dolce Vita" and Italian way of life is set in scene.

To the fragrance itself remains with the headline probably not much more to say. The smells citrus-fresh and makes no secret of it. He still does not sting the nose, is definitely unisex and a great refresher. Whether Puglia, Calabria, Sardinia or Sicily is of course irrelevant in the end. Because the fragrance is flown faster than any plane from Germany to southern Italy needs! ;-)

Depending on the gusto, I would personally choose another "Blu Mediterraneo" fragrance, perhaps with a little more fruit in the top note or a little more wood in the base note. I have (as mentioned at the beginning) found my favorite and think despite my praise for this product series: a second I do not need so seen. Because in the end they are all very similar and a more powerful drydown could not hurt this one
Nordhesse
The ice cream parlor is open again!!!
Yesterday, last day of February 2021. Sunshine, 10 degrees Celsius. Just the right time to go out with our three-year-old daughter and our Labbi.
After a while, our daughter calls out abruptly and completely enthusiastically, "Daddy, the ice cream parlor is open again!"
I don't have any money with me. So off home to get money and pack up the rest of the family.

At home I think about: what fragrance for this weather?
Times my samples look through and there beams me but a Acqua di Parma blue through (freu).
I grab the bergamot and spray on: 3, 4, 5 times and I stand for a brief moment in sunny Italy. Lemons and bergamot, nice refreshment- horny.
So off to the ice cream parlor, 15 minutes there, a delicious ice cream in the late winter sun enjoy then 15 minutes back.
Slowly the sun lowers and the Acqua du Parma is - gone! Just gone like the sun.

No matter, it was a beautiful moment and the fragrance is wonderful for just that.
The moment just shouldn't last too long.

PS: in the summer he gets another chance
A wonderful summer scent
The fragrance is definitely best for the really hot summer days. But since I bought this one, I can't stop wearing it.
It begins with such a strong bergamot note that you feel like you are sitting in a bergamot fruit. But the name already gives a hint of this. But in my opinion the Italians have managed to make this citric freshness come along without such a strange artificial touch.

If you just think the citric notes are slowly settling down, more bergamot follows. But I think that is exactly what you want for the summer. For me there are more wooden notes coming through in the dry-down than I would have guessed from the given notes.

Afterwards it disappears very quickly on my skin. You can guess which scent is on it for another hour, but after that it's over. I think this is the biggest weakness of this otherwise very successful fragrance. But it is no problem to spray this fragrance from time to time.

I must say that ADP has created a very good fragrance for the very hot days of the year. Since you don't roam around outside too much in very high temperatures, you can easily overlook the meagre shelf life.
Bergamotto di Calabria is definitely equally good for both sexes and I must say I do not regret the blind purchase in any way, which is unfortunately due to the corona situation.

The green Mediterranean coast
You are driving along an Italian or Spanish coast, get out of the car, a salty sea breeze whistles around your ears and you are surrounded by citrus and green bushes. This is how you can imagine the Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamot di Calabria.

The note of bergamot is fully in the foreground here. Unfortunately I cannot smell the ginger. The cedar wood and the musk in the background ensure that the fragrance is not aggressively fresh, but rather warm and restrained. Nevertheless, it is by no means a heavy scent that can only be worn in winter, quite the contrary! Due to the mentioned citric bergamot note, which clearly predominates here, it is a fragrance that is so appropriate for summer.

The performance could be better. The durability is really very manageable. After about an hour you only have something if you hold the olfactory bulb directly on the sprayed skin, too bad. Also the Sillage is more bad than right. In the beginning I thought wow, but that subsides very quickly.
Goynen67
Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria - Blue Blue Blue - Bergamot Fresh, Fresh, FRESH !
Aqua di Parma has so far caused a subliminal distance in me. Not explainable... Well, it should be something citrusy/fresh. Always my first choice. There it was written...Blu Mediterraneo should be a good choice. Great blue, great name, I just order the little bottle in the blue. And then I put it on. Wonderful ! Bergamot is a symbol for Italian freshness. A clear and pure fragrance with the typical tart undertone. And it stays. It remains clear and tart on the skin. Does not become too sweet, does not become musty. This Italian pleasure remains for many hours. Bellisimo!
Calabria1
Fresh, citric, calabrian - bergamot par excellence
Even if it's winter now, I'm looking forward to the hot summer days again.
This is the best season in which AdP Calabria has the best fragrance development. The impression of the top note with the bergamot is over right after the application, but, but: then it goes into the heart note and it has it in itself. There lies the unbelievable, fresh, absolutely sensual performance of this flacon packed in sweet-spicy notes - and in this heart note the bergamot is still present!
It really goes down well with everyone and many have already asked me what an extremely good fragrance it is!?
The Sillage is rather reserved, can be strengthened however well, in which one applies the Bodylotion available to it and shower itself best in the morning with the powder soap or the shower gel into a wonderful, fresh, enchanting day....
It is best to buy the whole line of "Bergamot di Calabria" right now.
With this fragrance you make a fresh breeze everywhere in summer - and it leaves a really strong impression ....
Olfactory trip to Italy
I love the scent of bergamot in both tea and perfume. For me, it suits the summer, makes good sounds and refreshes. This fragrance captures everything I expected by its name. If I close my eyes, I get pictures of summer, sun and beach, but also of shady Olvienhainen and of cozy evenings with cool white wine on a terrace above the roofs of Florence.
The special kick is when the freshness of bergamot is combined in the heart note with a slight spiciness of ginger, gently underlaid with a hint of cedar. I can't smell benzoin, and the musk is holding back discreetly. I can tell that the two of them are playing along in this composition by the fact that I can still evoke the pictures of Italy hours after they have been applied; all I have to do is close my eyes and sniff.
The good mood maker
Italy - Holidays. Jogging on the beach promenade. He bent over and broke his foot. Back to Germany. It was clear that a specialist was needed to reassemble the puzzle pieces into a reasonable midfoot that could be used for the rest of one's life. Surgeon's appointment. Unthinkable without fragrance. But what to take?

Outside summer. So something fresh. What Italian offers itself also, despite the vacation disaster. Bergamot di Calabria. The perfect companion for every summer appointment, also for a crutched person in the clinic.

Some companies sometimes give their fragrances completely abstruse names. This one sums up everything you need to know. Italian bergamot. Point taken. Sometimes life can be very simple.

BdC starts fresh, very simple. With, the inclined reader will already suspect it with bergamot. This does in combination with lemon an outstanding job. And when I trust my nose, it extends from the head to the heart to the base note. That's class, no question. In the dry-down the fragrance then becomes slightly woody and a pinch of vetiver is added. I find this mixing extremely successful. A summer fragrance par excellence. I like Cedro di Taormina from the blu mediterraneo series equally well, which is why both of them joined me.

Sillage: difficult depending on the dosage of course, strong at first, but just as strong but decreasing. What for a summer scent does not have to be necessarily negative, therefore from me here also no point deduction. A lot has been written about durability and this is often the big point of criticism. It is in the nature of things that a fresh and light fragrance cannot last so long simply because of the ingredients used. My summer AdPs stop somewhere around six hours ago. That things can get better is shown by the Profvmvm Romas, who put everything I have ever had in summery notes in the shade when it comes to durability - but also at a different price point. In summary, I find the durability in an acceptable range - but as often heard, durability is super often dependent on the wearer and his skin, so I can understand negative comments.

The bottle: the typical AdP shape, but with an intense, sensational blue tone that evokes associations between noble, relaxed, casual and high quality. There's nothing to complain about.

Bottom line for me a great summer scent for to be politically correct, m/f/d. And definitely worth a test!

Pleasant Straight Citrus - Potential option if this is your only such scent
I made a visit to a great little fragrance shop in Houston, TX named Kuhl-Linscomb on Saturday and smelled this one on a strip. I wanted to like this frag and buy it, based on my previous test wearing of its Mediterraneo cousin Mirto di Panarea. Even though I was looking for the excuse to make this an impulse buy, and I'm sort of an Acqua di Parma fanboy to start with, I couldn't quite justify it.

While Bergamotto di Calabria is a nice enough bright, citrus scent, it didn't do anything special for me - at least while standing in the store with it on a strip. Definitely a nice bergamot scent, quite bright and cheery, but very little body to it, and nothing that made it stand up on its hind legs and ask to be purchased. I would've been happier if I'd read any add'l aquatic notes, woodsiness or just something to make it a bit more complex.

Given its reputation for short longevity and sillage, and this slightly lackluster smell test, I didn't pull the trigger. The Colonia flankers (e.g. Essenza, Assoluta) are much stronger offerings, IMO.

I would compare this, in spirit, to several other nice but mediocre offerings that feature a citrus core - Clinique Happy, Eau d'Hadrien come to mind.

This may work great for someone looking for their first summery citrus fragrance, that's willing to accept a very light wear longevity. Unfortunately, this is a category that has many competitors, so I will keep the ones I have already and try other AdP offerings in the meantime.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
This fresh and juicy spicy-citric Summer fragrance, quickly settles to a very gentle, yet dusty earthy-woody base. Sadly lacks performance.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
Clean fresh and very realistic bergamot. Poor longevity but that's an issue with all citrus scents.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Sparkling citruses, fresh and invigorating, rounded by some cedar, musk and benzoin. The performance is extremely weak.
TombbbTombbb 1 year ago
Bergamot with non existent longevity. Cheapie, so there's that.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
This is a beautiful fresh citrus, probably the best bergamot out there. Unfortunately it lasts less than 1 hour. Top scent otherwise.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Beautiful citrusy bergamot: very fresh, sharp and zesty but also very short lived. As they say: if one hour goes by, reapply.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
It's a pleasant and well balanced citrusy scent wearable mainly in summer, but the price in comparison is too high

by DerDufti
by DerDufti
by Endorphin
by Endorphin
by ConnyDuft
by ConnyDuft
by Scentist
by Scentist
Achtung der Bär ist kein Flakon, wie schon gesehen! :)
by TomDuft
Bergamot lovers paradise
by Itchynose

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria La Spugnatura by Acqua di Parma Quercia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma