Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri 1999

Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma
Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri is a perfume by Acqua di Parma for women and men and was released in 1999. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Orange, Sicilian mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Petitgrain
Base Notes Base NotesCaramel, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.10.2020.

Catatafish92
Freshly squeezed orange for the skin. Durability but under all circumstances...
Well, it could have been nice... if it wasn't for the durability.
At least on my skin it is under all the guns
Yeah, it's a citrus scent. As is well known, they don't always shine with their outstanding durability.
But I really only notice Arancia di Capri after 45 minutes when I run my nose over the back of my hand (by the way, it doesn't really go down well in the office if you hide something behind your desk :P)

Conclusion: Actually a very nice unisex summer scent. Reminds me of a freshly squeezed (sweet) orange. Because of the durability for me but unfortunately uninteresting.
DavidBn
Great smell, performance unfortunately rather weak!
My first perfume commentary..: I just wanted to share my experiences with the fragrance:

My first impression already blew me away - I love oranges and accordingly I had high expectations regarding the smell. Nevertheless my expectations have been exceeded... a really great, authentic orange smell.

But I was not quite as convinced of the performance. For me, neither the durability (max. 4 hours) nor the projection (for me it is already very close to the skin after 15-20min. Even though I am well aware that many citrus scents don't perform incredibly well, there are still some that last longer and project more strongly on my skin.

For the smell itself, however, I received several compliments, especially regarding the fact that it does not smell as strong as most other citrus scents due to the strong orange note.

All in all - especially if it is on offer and you buy a 150ml bottle - I would recommend it with reference to its disappointing performance
Freshly squeezed
Another commentary on an Acqua di Parma fragrance. One of three fragrances in my collection from the Blu Mediterraneo series. Besides these I own Mandorlo Di Sicilia and Chinotto Di Liguria. I will test more of them in the near future. I also like the star of this Blu series, Fico di Amalfi, but I already have a twin in my collection. Some are still being tested.
Like the other two, I have this fragrance in 30ml, where the bottle is slightly different. I like these beautiful blue bottles with this stylish emblem of this traditional Italian brand.
I bought this scent blind. You can do it without any problems if you pay attention to one thing: This scent has no performance! I knew it before also thanks to these reviews here. This is clearly a fragrance that lives almost exclusively from the top note. When the top note fades, there is a little bit of skin-near residue, but this is not worth talking about, also thanks to the really miserable silage from the heart note. In the past I have avoided scents that don't last long. Now I like to buy a fragrance that smells good for 2-3 hours in summer. It is simply wonderful to refresh yourself for a short time and maybe wear another scent later. There are many possibilities in summer. Maybe just to get some sunshine and to be accompanied in a good mood.
The smell is quickly described: It's an authentic orange. Like freshly squeezed orange juice with an Italian flair. As the name suggests, the juicy orange is the star of this creation. Other citrus fruits are also added. Juicy fruity mandarin and a dash of citric. A great ensamble for a good mood. As said before, there is hardly anything to describe after 1-2 hours of top note thanks to weak sillage. With a little bit of orange it is slightly woody. If you like freshly squeezed orange juice you might find it very tasty. Two other scents of this direction are Orange Sanguine and Clinique Happy for Men which I find similarly good. A great style, which comes along in a good mood and accompanies sunny hours well Price OK, because I got 30ml for a little over 30 Euro. Without offer for the weak performance rather overpriced.

A fragrance I can recommend. I wore it today and yesterday when filling up with sunshine and felt absolutely comfortable

TravellerDK
The scent of almost ripe oranges
I can't decribe it better than the previous review by Moritz1988
"This is less a ripe, sweet orange than a slightly greenish, citrus-scented Mediterranean fruit still hanging on the organ tree." This is just so poetic and true.
Tried it 2-3 years ago (sample) and was not completely in love with it, more a like. A few month ago, I came across a good deal and thought why not try it again and bought a bottle.
I've used it a few times and even had to make a decant for a family member (she loved the scent), but the joy of the scent fates to quickly for me. On my skin, it's gone after 2-3 hours maximum.
I do love the opening, but on me it quickly turns to a green orange, slightly bitter.
I have also tested it on one of the "hotter days" (aka. 22 degrees Celsius) and it did does do slightly better, but the scent is still the same.

I could see it working better on somebody else and in warmer climate. But for me, it just does not work, I'm sad to say. To be honest, if the longevity was more than 2-3 hours, it would probably stay in my small collection, for those really warm summer days.
I do think this one is a sample before buying.
Volatile orange intoxication
After I liked Fico di Amalifi from the same house very much, I started to test another summer scent candidate from the blue series of Acqua di Parma.

Sprayed on, a really very authentic orange note emerges, which is accompanied by some denzent tangerine notes in the background. This is less a ripe, sweet orange than a slightly greenish, citrus-scented Mediterranean fruit still hanging on the organ tree. For me, the association of a relaxed roaming through a densely populated organ grove on a mid-warm spring day somewhere on the Italian campo results directly from this.

As natural and summery-refreshing as the orange may seem, it evaporates after about an hour on my skin and my spring walk comes to an abrupt end. What remains is a Petitgrain skin scent that is all too bitter and bitter for me, which is almost imperceptible after another 1.5 hours or so.

Arancia di Capri, for example, certainly deserves the credit for its really successful unsweet, authentic orange note, which should not miss its refreshing, never penetrating effect, especially at high summer temperatures. But in view of the durability and projection, which is extremely disappointing even for a citric scent, and the heart/base note after the initially beautiful 45 orange minutes, which is not very appealing for my taste, the scent does not exceed a mediocre rating for me. With a similarly weak performance, Fico di Amalfi is for me the much more beautiful and extraordinary fragrance
DarkWinterCS
A potpourri of different citrus fruits - I bathe in it
Before I had my first fragrance from the Blu Mediterraneo series for testing, I was here well and gladly on the way. The decision which one I wanted to test was difficult. In the end there were even four different ones that I had on the table as bottling. I had often read that the shelf life is between desperation and 12 to noon. Okay, I thought it was nothing I was looking for myself now. As a result, the row has slipped back in the priority list. Little by little, especially in search of summery scents, you can't get past the Blu Mediterraneos. So Sardegna, Capri, Toscana and Liguria ended up in my bottling collection.
After some testing it turned out that two of them slipped into my hat-wollen stacks. That was once Cipresso di Toscana and Arancia the Capri. While the Cipresso fires green cypress out with full force and made me speechlessly happy, the Capri cuts unfiltered citrus fruit in all directions.

Capri goes with the drink of my childhood - "Capri Sun". How appropriate, because Arancia the Capri is this childhood drink in fragrance form. An insanely juicy and fruity cocktail of all kinds of citrus fruit, which never gets too sweet and gives a great freshness of itself.
Above all, the fragrance succeeds in keeping the top notes almost throughout the entire course of the fragrance. A delicate sweetness develops in the back, but it never becomes intrusive or overwhelming
Unfortunately, the rather negative durability is also confirmed here. 4 to 5h are possible, I also had situations where after 3h it was over. So a fragrance with a guarantee of after-spray. But if you don't have a problem with that, you will find a great and juicy summer scent here, which can simply convince you with its citrus fruit.
Finally he's mine!!
I just had to treat myself to it, even if my wallet objected.
From day to day I love him more, especially now on warm and hot days.
The top note with orange, bergamot and mandarin is very balanced, harmonious and refreshing. Then a breath of cardamom is added, which combines very nicely with the citrus fruits.
The delicate musk note develops very early in my life and lasts a long time on my skin. I perceive caramel only in rudiments, so that I find it by no means too sweet.
I find the fragrance refreshing and sensual at the same time. Arancia di Capri is very body-hugging, but that's exactly what I want on hot days.
For me the perfect summer scent and from now on it will be my companion every summer

Haunting Photo-Realstick Oranges
I have seen criticisms of this for having lack of heft. I don't entirely agree: but! it certainly ^can^ seem to disappear; but I have found it equally prone to come surging back in a terrifick gust.

I think what pitched me into choosing this one (one perfume-hunting day I decided, having trawled through this ~Blue Mediterraneo~ collection or series or whatever that I would acquire ^one^ of them) was the photo-realistic orange note. I am not normally persuaded by photo-realistic renderings; but, well, in this case I just plain ^liked^ it! And it's supported by that AdP trademark shimmery-watery musk.

And by reason of the aforementioned tendency to be fleeting & elusive - and of the musk in conjunction, it's more of a °haunting° of orange than a concrete °presence° of orange.

It reminds me a little (or perhaps rather a lot) of ~Kiani~ by Thameen; but that one is far far more intense & °concentrated° than this; & also more complex.

... a few hours later ...
Please do be apprised that, although I do gainsay those who are ^strongly^ scathing of the performance of this - & there are some here & there, it's not exactly a powerhouse either. As for ~Kiani~: now ^that^ ^is^ one!

Also, this morphs after a while into more of a soapy cum freshly-washen-linen type of 'fume; but really it cannot but be expected that so exquisite & delicate a citrus note as that which this 'fume broacheth should be rather fugitive.

Arancia di Capri - Blue Mediterraneo di ADP
When I launched this line buy a pair blindly, the truth is that for me it has been a complete failure.

It is simply oranges and citrus with brown sugar, in short is how they eat orange slices with enough sugar so that it does not turn out to be very acid, the Musk practically does not smell.

Good thing I have little left, and give some decan.

Sweetgrass
Less of a review, more of a question:
I just sprayed this on to give it a good smelling, but after the initial citrus blast I can't smell anything. Where did the scent go? Does this happen to other people as well? I love the opening, but am docking a few stars because of the disappearing act.

TombbbTombbb 4 months ago
Orange juice in a bottle, literally. Uniteresting, unless you are looking specifically for... orange juice.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 11 months ago
Surely overrated: a pleasant and refreshing citrusy cologne to wear by day in the good season with an average sillage.Too high price for it
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Sweet, juicy and flavorful, closer at times to orange zest marmalade than to freshly squeezed fruit. Great caramel drydown. No performance.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
If you like a real juicy orange scent this will most likely appeal to you. A bit feminine, I wouldn’t classify it as unisex.

by Uxfoerd
by Uxfoerd
by NorthernSky
by NorthernSky
by NicosV
by NicosV
by DavidBn
by DavidBn
Stinknormales Foto aber das Blau leuchtete so schön :-)
by Sallytopia
by Serge
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma Colonia Mirra by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma