Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi (2006)

Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma
Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi (Acqua di Parma)

Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Citron, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFig nectar, Jasmine, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Cedarwood, Fig wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.10.2018

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi
If you enjoy the scent of fresh figs with added notes of the white sap of broken fig branches along with light floral and citrus notes, look no further. If you are looking for something different for Summer wear, I highly recommend this fragrance.

When the temperature gets over 80 F (27 C), the scent intensifies. Hot weather really does make this fragrance shine! I would suggest using this fragrance only during hot summer days.

Longevity is 4 to 6 hours. Sillage is 3 to 4 feet.

8/10
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Absolutely wonderful summer fragrance
I've only had a few small testers (2ml), but I used it through out the summer. It opens with a lovely fig note, a bit citrus and dries down to some wood scent. On me I do not think it sillage is very strong and longevity is only a 3-5 hours on me. I still use on colder days when working at home or just doing nothing. Why? Cause I'm so in love with the scent, it's a fresh fig scent. It's like your strolling down some small street on an island in the Mediterranean in the summer, dresses in a white shirt and lose pants/bermudas - it has summer written all over it. It might not be the strongest scent, but it smells fantastical - so I use it more for me than my surroundings, if that makes any sense? What can I say, it just lifts me up. It is one of the bottles that I will have to get my hands on in 2018. Think it's best in summer, with +25 degrees Celsius.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10
Like biting into a ripe juicy fig...
I Highly recommend this fragrance. This is the most realistic fig note I have encountered in a perfume. I know there are other fig based fragrances out there, but I really feel that Fico di Amalfi focuses more on the ripe, juicy fruit than the wood from the tree, or the green leaves, which many other do. I will say that so far I have not been disappointed with any of the Blu Mediterraneo line in terms of quality or authenticity. This smells so natural! I love figs and I love the taste and smell, and this fragrance captures that perfectly. It's juicy, it has fresh citrus (fresh lemon, juicy grapefruit), and a hint of pink pepper and jasmine which gives it a wonderful refreshing, sweet floral background.

Overall, you can't go wrong with this one. The most authentic, natural smelling, juicy fig I have smelt in a fragrance. Perfect in Summer in my opinion. Refreshing and utterly delicious!
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
Another Disappointing Release From The Blu Line That Couldn't...
Fico di Amalfi opens with a brief shot of lemon before switching to a combination of citron and sparkling grapefruit that almost smells pear-like. The grapefruit and citron remain into the early heart notes now joined by a fig note with slight almost unnoticeable jasmine support. The grapefruit and citron combo finally recedes in the late heart and the fig takes over from here-on out, only coupling with a bit of light musk from the base. Projection and longevity are both average.

I hate swimming against the tide of love this scent engenders, but I find it somewhat boring. The opening is not particularly striking as in many of the regular Acqua di Parma main line scents, and once the fig arrives, the scent becomes somewhat of a one trick boring act. The bottom line is like most of the other Blu Mediterraneo scents I find Fico di Amalfi pleasant smelling, but that is about it and am wondering if we are seeing an early trend of mediocrity for the Blu line. Similar to its cousin, this one gets an average 2.5 star out of 5 rating. Not recommended to anyone but the most ardent fig lovers.
Scent 8.0/10
A summer fragrance with depth
In name, Fico di Amalfi may be all about fig, but it also possesses an aromatic grapefruit top note that lasts through the life of the fragrance. Even as the grapefruit recedes, its pleasantly bitter/sour essence stays in the mix, balancing out the dark, molasses-y fig which is the namesake foundation of the fragrance. Fico di Amalfi is definitely a hot weather scent but its deep, rich notes make it a wonderful alternative to the usual summer fare of light, lemon/citrus l’eau formulations.

When I wore Fico this past winter I discovered another indication of its seasonal nature: low humidity on cold days severely diminishes its longevity and sillage. However, when I wore Fico to work on the first warm, humid day of spring I was surprised when a colleague complimented the fragrance. Fragrance use in my workplace is officially frowned on so being noticed is not my objective. That means I wear fragrance for my own pleasure, applying sparingly and in a way that keeps it from dispersing too far beyond my personal space. For someone to notice any of my fragrances is unusual so this may give you an idea of how Fico blooms in heat and humidity.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi
It opens with an note of orange the pungent scent of grapefruit dries down
to an zesty accord of Lemon the pink pepper note is less predominate then
in gucci Envy me or Naomi Campball's
Seductive Elixer and Cat Deluxe with
Kisses the one of my earlier reveiews
fails to catch on. Fig is the predominate note in this scent how to
describe it it's pretty complex to me
in my senses it's semi-sweet with an earthy accord' but unfortunitly it does'nt last long and the grape fruit and lemon makes it smell like a bit wood polish but an interesting scent.

The packaging and color reminds me of The Luc Besson Movie Le Grand Bleu.
everytime i wear this i think of of the
movie and the Charactor who played
Jacques Mayol Jean Marc Barr *sighs*
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Fig and the beach
The moment I smelt Fico di Amalfi I must have been in a trance. I immediately pictured myself on a quiet, tropical beach on a hot Summer's day sipping a refreshing, fruity beverage.

Although this is the first Acqua di Parma fragrance I've tried, I am already impressed by the quality and creativity that went into creating their scents.

I often dislike the Summer months because I can never find a scent that works with my chemistry or one that appeals to me. In most cases fruity florals, aquatics and citrusy fragrances aren't my cup of tea. However, Fico di Amalfi is more than just a fruity floral fragrance.

Obviously, for the price and the name, this fragrance is definitely not cheap smelling. Fico di Amalfi is sweet, almost like sugared candy, however this scent is in no way artificial.

The fig note in this fragrance is delightful and it works well with the other notes in this scent, especially the citrus. Without the fig notes, Fico di Amalfi would have lost its charm.

I really love how the pink pepper gives this fragrance that extra something, that extra kick while the jasmine makes this scent so feminine and comforting. Fico di Amalfi is successful in achieving that relaxed holiday atmosphere through scent.

I have no qualms with the lasting power, it lasted really well on my skin, and even better, the scent worked well with my skin chemistry.

I will definitely be considering this fragrance for my collection when the weather heats up. I can't think of a better choice for the swealtering heat over here in Australia.

Darkbeat 99 days ago
Wonderful summer fragrance, with a natural, green and fresh fig, hyper realistic, but it is a pity, it's poor performance.+2
Bottle 7.0
Sillage 5.0
Longevity 5.0
Scent 7.5
Pio 115 days ago
What a beautiful scent, I'm really really impressed with this delicate and well balanced summer fragrance. Well done Acqua di Parma.+2
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 7.0
Longevity 7.0
Scent 9.0
Hermesh 3 years ago
After a short citrical start, fig is slowly becoming stronger, more ripe, sweet and fruity. Interesting and nice scent development.+1
Bottle 7.0

• by Guapo by Guapo
  • by Berlinbreeze by Berlinbreeze
  • by Berlinbreeze by Berlinbreeze

Popular Acqua di Parma

Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile by Acqua di Parma Colonia Club (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Gelsomino Nobile by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile by Acqua di Parma Colonia Ambra by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Colonia Quercia by Acqua di Parma