Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi 2006

Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma
Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria

Top Notes Top NotesItalian lemonItalian lemon Italian bergamotItalian bergamot GrapefruitGrapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesFig nectarFig nectar JasmineJasmine Pink pepperPink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin CedarwoodCedarwood Fig woodFig wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.05.2022.

Caught Me Totally By Surprise
I like this cologne, but it caught me totally by surprise. As fragrances often to do, my first waft of Fico di Amalfi brought me vividly back to a particular day in my childhood.

I was 9 or 10 years old, and had discovered the delightful figs of my grandmother’s fig tree. They were perfectly ripe; sweet, and aromatic; warmed by the summer sun. It was late afternoon, and being focused navigating the tangle of limbs and leaves to pluck the last remaining fruits just out of my reach, I didn’t hear my grandmother come out of her kitchen door. I remember the rush of guilt I felt when I heard her say, “So, I see you found my figs?”. Although I couldn’t see her, I was immediately relieved when I detected the smile in her voice. I slipped down from my cluttered perch, bare feet squishing atop the spent figs, and sheepishly looked up as she smiled down at me.

I hadn’t thought of that day in many years, until I opened this bottle of cologne. The ripe, warm summer fig, which is the heart, and soul of the cologne, not only brought back palpable memory and emotion in me, it allowed me, through my years of living since, to recognize the pleasure in my grandmother’s face knowing that her grandson was enjoying something so innocently, and completely.
Zzuki27
radiant beauty of the coast
"A cheerful and invigorating fragrance with a precious, refreshing accord of fig nectar. The sparkling, lively top notes are dominated by the essential oils of mandarin, bergamot and orange. The pristine freshness of lemon, grapefruit and cedar completes the revitalizing character.

In the heart note, the dominant fig accord unfolds its original notes in an interesting combination with essences of red pepper. A touch of petals and jasmine provides additional sophistication and elegance. The base note reveals its most precious combination: dominant notes of fig wood with intense nuances of musk and cedar, which give the fragrance character and uniqueness.

Blu Mediterraneo reflects the radiant beauty and ancient culture of Italy's most emblematic landscapes."

A great fruity summer fragrance, which is amazingly reminiscent of a pleasant summer evening in the south of Europe. The pleasant scent of fig transports you abruptly to the sea.... very nice fragrance!
JonasPtr
In the shade of the fig tree
In search of a new summer fragrance I came across Fico di Amalfi.
After first testing, I associated the fragrance directly with holidays on the Mediterranean. Acqua di Parma succeeds in a natural way 1:1 to construct the scent of a ripe fig tree. Thereby, the citrus notes move clearly into the background, which I find, however, not at all disturbing, but rather extremely refreshing.

Fico di Amalfi is for me an exciting summer fragrance, which, however, in my opinion, has no everyday fragrance potential, because the smell of figs is too strong in the center. Precisely because of this, however, the fragrance is a perfect and unique addition to the existing range!
Soon no more coward?
There is one thing in particular that I miss at the moment. The sea. At least once a year we went to the sea. Mostly to the south. Even as a child with my parents I was allowed to spend some holidays in the sunny south. And I just notice that now that is missing.

Dear Bastian, although I am definitely not a fig lover, sent me a small sample of his Fico di Amalfi. Without great expectations, I tested this fig fragrance and was thrilled. It catapulted me straight to the sea. This is how summer vacations smell, whether as a child or later in adulthood. This scent is so delightfully fresh with its bergamot, lemon and grapefruit, and with its juicy green fig, it's almost as delicious as dessert at an Italian sidewalk café. Want a teensy bit of vacation from the constant rain? Here you go! The fig is accompanied by an enchanting, light and clean jasmine note. A little creamy and soapy now, you could almost think of suntan lotion. Yes, it puts you in a good mood. And brings the beach home for a short moment. After a few hours, the fragrance fades away woody. Throughout the course, it always remains wonderfully natural.

For me, the most beautiful fig, which I was allowed to sniff so far. And this could even top my previous favorite, Figuier Eden by Armani Privé. Against Philosykos, which was always too soapy for me, and the green-dominated Ichnusa by Profumum Roma, this delicate fig from Parma wins in any case. I still don't have to own a fig scent, but I don't rule out the possibility of discarding my cowardice towards figs.

Basti, you are the best!
Fresh fruit
For me, Fico di Amalfi is one of my favorite scents for summer. A great fresh fig scent. There are these figs which are at 35 ° in the shade deeply aromatic and rich their whole fragrance over a hundred meters to smell and you can smell from afar when walking somewhere in Italy: "ah there is somewhere a fig tree". With this one the figs are also very naturally full, but one has picked here the figs, and together with a few lemons in a bowl in the shade put, so that one can eat from it in the afternoon sometime a refreshing portion of Italy
When it's really summer
Then the heat is literally in the air. In Mediterranean regions, this heat, which lasts for long periods of time, can sometimes be perceived olfactorily. When it has not rained for days or weeks. The thermometer consistently measures more than thirty degrees during the day and more than twenty degrees at night. Then drought and dryness oppress the body and it can only be endured either in the evening or under shady umbrellas near the sea. Without a drink within reach, it's no fun. With, however, quite a lot. Treat yourself to one.

Especially when the annoying worries of everyday life move into the far distance and small tables in narrow streets praise "La Dolce Vita". In the background, the rattling of the portafilter machine can be perceived and between thick sandstone walls gleams pristine white espresso crockery. People in stylish sun hats in light linen clothing under small, round parasols stir their sweet cups with miniature spoons and gesticulate spiritedly. They smoke cigarettes from soft packs as they do so and, if you'll pardon the expression, look very good doing it. Beige Vespas bump along the soapstone pavement. Red geraniums on the shutters and balconies. There's a fig tree in the middle of the tables, after all, this is Fico di Amalfi.

The fruity-lovely of the fig expresses the flair of this sweet lightness in a particularly authentic way. Distilled and bottled in azure blue flacons, this fragrance represents for me a guarantor of Italian self-confidence and uncompromising with stylistic-formal details. Functionality is a secondary matter here and is simply smiled away in the best Tutto Bene manner. "La dolce vita in una bottiglia."

An Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Fico Di Amalfi (ADPBMFDA) should, after all, be used, ie several times a day and not fly away due to sparing use. By the way, the number of words in the name serve wonderfully as a guide to the frequency of application per day, with just as many sprays. In short: 8x8, or eight sprays every three hours. So much for durability. If you want to test the fragrance on several occasions or possibly longer than a two-week holiday in Italy, the 150 ml bottle is the minimum of all things.
On the subject of sillage, I can more or less tie to the comments on durability: an overdose or even penetrating obtrusiveness to a few fellow men, is almost impossible. ADPBMFDA wears one rather for himself to trim the own mood to "Dolce Vita".
Similarly restrained is the course of the fragrance, which is relatively rigid and linear, from intense fig (immediately after spraying) to fig medium strong, fig subtle (after about 1 1/2 hours) to fig gone (after about 3 hours, see above). A circumstance that seems to cling strongly to the Blu Mediterraneo range. But "Chi vuole saperlo ?", right " nessuno" , except "il tedeschi" maybe. From there "non importante".

And that's where a few questions sometimes intrude or not. It all depends. The questioner probably expects more for the price (which is okay, all things considered) and grumbles about what the makers cite as a unique selling point, justifying the high diversification. Linearity as a plus, so to speak. An ADPBMFDA doesn't have to have a progression. "But it does." says the German "No." the Italian. Whereby the German still to consider that the fragrance is anyway rather what for women, without wanting to get anyone too close.

There it is again, the proof that a fragrance is not able to create a mentality, but only the construction of an atmosphere. An ADPBMFDA does not make an Italian out of a German. Perhaps it is not supposed to, but the conscious imitation is certainly aimed at now and then. To bow sincerely to purism and linearity as an art form of a fragrance may be difficult for some, but it is necessary in order to shed certain prejudices and stereotypes. However, these heavy-handednesses are not bad or to be classified as bad per se. After all, they serve wonderfully as markers of distinction between people perhaps also as demarcation from certain cultural zones.

The good thing about it: at the end of the day, i.e. in the evening, when the sun is lower and you stroll through the narrow streets described, then one thing immediately catches the eye of the trained observer: the people sitting here, with their much too large sun hats and their much too large cups, ice cream cups and Pall Mall mega-packs are certainly not Italian. Because they don't wear hats to protect from the sun in the evening anymore, because it's almost gone. Nor do they drink a latte macchiato, and certainly not with a straw disguised as a spoon. Even less do they eat copious amounts of ice cream with a mountain full of cream, smoke unsightly and fast, or stare incessantly at their way-too-big smartphone when they're not listening to way-too-loud voicemails or typing them in themselves. "No." They, the Italians, have long since gone elsewhere and, incidentally, don't wear fragrances from big azure bottles in the evening either. These are meant for the day, the sun, the light, the beach and the sea. But they only smile about that and don't grumble. Because that's the beauty of it: la dolce vita is an art that not everyone has mastered.

*this text may contain ironic passages

Dario04
Italy vacation in the bottle
Fragrances are just because they remind us of beautiful moments and we can relive them through it, an incredibly beautiful thing.
The paradox of this fragrance is that I remember moments that I have never experienced. One could think Fico di Amalfi awakens dreams.

A dream in which I vacation in a beautiful house on the Amalfi coast, in the evening the sea salt shower and afterwards with Fico di Amalfi a refreshing fragrance for a relaxing walk along the promenade and past fishing boats to a good restaurant.

This experience can give you only a few fragrances and that is why Fico di Amalfi is a timeless masterpiece.
Bacchus
Vodka fig with bitter lemon
"Inspired" by one of the many perfume videos currently flooding my YouTube feed, I organised a sample here at Souk from one of the many lovely people in the community and I have to say, Fico di Amalfi meets my expectations exactly. From Acqua di Parma's Blu Mediterraneo range, you'd expect a brilliant fruity opening and a quick fall-off into an unobtrusive skin-toned daytime scent. That's exactly what is delivered here. The first waft that hits the nose contains, most prominently, the signature fig aroma you'd expect to find in your trusted vodka fig. This is joined by a hint of citrus. Years ago, I dedicated a variation of the Vodka Lemon to an adorable college student, which I christened " Foxtrot" in reference to her fox red hair. I'll put the recipe at the end of the review for you. Anyway, the top note of this fragrance hits the smell of this very cocktail with fabulous precision. First and foremost, you notice the fig. In the background, the acidity of the bitter lemon and the freshness of the mint, picked only minutes ago, provide a pleasant summeriness. After half an hour at the latest, the citrus fades and you are left with a scent of fig and coconut that can only be perceived up close. So longevity and sillage are clearly below average. But even for that, there's a day and a mood. When it's 30 degrees in the shade, I definitely don't want to be slain by a blast of Layton Exlusiv. On days like that, I find it very nice to enjoy a nice opening for a while and then go about my day's work only subtly scented. I can definitely recommend this fragrance for such days. Personally, I'd like it even better if the citrus was more assertive, but that's easily remedied with a splash of Bergamote 22. The scent is suitable for a whole range of people. It looks good on both men and women. I would assign it more to someone under 40, but even a young-at-heart can reach for this flacon.
Who is not yet completely convinced, is cordially invited to prepare the following cocktail. Then you have a solid impression of the top note and also immediately a cold drink for warm summer evenings.

"Foxtrot"
5cl vodka fig
15cl Bitter Lemon
Juice of half a lemon
two sprigs of fresh mint

Build in a glass or shake over ice and top with bitter lemon.
Enjoy!
Ovm
Good morning figs and lemon trees
This scent always reminds me of breakfast at my aunt's on the terrace in the south of France.
A breakfast, not a morning or day. For me, this fragrance lasts too short.
I run as a small child, after dinner through the garden and tear me here a fig and there a lemon from the tree. This combination is a wonderful companion to sway in nostalgia.

The predominant notes of bergamot / lemon and the figs are noticeable.
I find this scent one of the easiest fig scents to wear, good for finding yourself pure when you then move onto stronger figs.
I am now already at the end of my second bottle and am still fan for the next
ScentVibes
Fico and Benzoe on Vacation !
Niche or rather not...this question I often ask myself with ADP fragrances. The representatives of the Blu Mediterraneo Collection are rather loose, casual companions for warm or active days. H/S a la Cologne. So rather more mainstream but still always a super blend of ingredients.

Then fragrances from the Singnatures of the Sun line such as the OUD. Great new interpretation between citrus elements and a dark oud. Very successful and special. Mega bottle, best spray head ever at the big bottles.

Like most blue of AQP no top performance but for me by far the best summer fig fragrance. Fresh, figgy-sweet and different!
This fragrance after a round swim in the sea...simply a dream.
How often I have here when picking up cocktails at the beach bar
Compliments received or a " what is smelling so nice " perceived. The fragrance is simply fun in the summer and is quite different from, for example, a bergamotto di calabria or a mandarino di Sicilia.

The play of benzoin and figs is very unique and results in deep and nectar-like fragrance, which however does not seem synthetic or boozy at all.

Woody notes are very subtle in the background of this Blauling, which makes the fragrance very versatile. Smells something as if the trunk or the leaves of the fig tree would also make their contribution to the accord.

Who expects here an AQP in the direction of Cologne should better reach for the other blue brothers, who has a desire for a fruity, fresh fig dream in the summer - a must have and in my nose a very nischiger summer fragrance but very versatile usable.

Stay scented ?

Finerthings8Finerthings8 7 months ago
This is very nice and sensual scent for the summer.grapefruit is dominant as much as fig.performance is OK ish for this kind of parfum.
KuraiKurai 9 months ago
Fresh grapefruit and fig. Opens a bit bitter but settles into an easy-going but brief summer vacation scent.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 12 months ago
One of the fresher fig scents I know, with sharp citruses in the opening. It feels quite natural, the fig notes are realistic, green, woody.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 years ago
Disaponting scent with more grapefruit nuances than fig ones. Has this washed clothes smell in the drydown. A bit synthetic too. 2/5
BielwenassBielwenass 2 years ago
Zesty fig. A safe choice for summer, but nothing outstanding.
TombbbTombbb 2 years ago
A little bit disappointed. More peach than fig. Sweet and fresh, poor longevity. Zegna Milan is still the perfect fig
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
4.5
For me it doesn’t work to smell like a fig to be honest.
GabrielCEGabrielCE 3 years ago
A very nice smell, perfect for the summer but sadly it's hard for it to be unique as the smell of figs has to be created synthetically.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
A combo of sharp uplifting citrus and sweet juicy fig: clean, fresh, fruity... absolutely wonderful.
DarkbeatDarkbeat 4 years ago
Wonderful summer fragrance, with a natural, green and fresh fig, hyper realistic, but it is a pity, it's poor performance.

by Irini
by OceanDrive
by Amadea70
by Amadea70

Popular by Acqua di Parma

Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria La Spugnatura by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Quercia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Mirra by Acqua di Parma