Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi (2006)

Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma

Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria

Top Notes Top NotesItalian lemon, Italian bergamot, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesFig nectar, Jasmine, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Cedarwood, Fig wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.06.2020.

Fico di amal fresh
When I now think back to the Amalfi holiday in 2010, a fresh fragrance with citrus notes comes to mind. A quiet morning, the sea breeze on my neck and ciabatta for lunch. The sun is sizzling on my head and the salty scent is in the air.

This fragrance is an example for those who are new to the world of extravagant fragrances.
In my opinion the best of the Blu Mediterrano series. Of course, the naming appeals to you, as the fragrance 'Cowardly' already says, and the Amalfi Coast is not to be spurned.

The fragrance lasts just as long as all fragrances of the AdP BM series, but it shines with pure freshness and an excellent summer feeling.

For me, the best

Naturally fresh
For some time now I have been looking for a fresh fragrance for this summer. With the entire collection of the Blu Mediterraneo series from Acqua di Parma I have probably found the right one. Also the Fico di Amalfi is no exception!

I'm a huge fan of the fruity Bergamotto di Calabria and now I've also wanted to try the Fico di Amalfi. At the first tasting I immediately noticed the really natural and grown-up citric, fresh notes and I could even detect a hint of basil, even if it is not in the fragrances. Here, too, Acqua di Parma has managed to conjure up a wonderful combination of bergamot and wood notes set in the background.

The bottle is the classic Acqua di Parma bottle. Good average! The performance is also average. The projection is limited and the durability is not very good. That's the way you know it from fresher scents. But considering the fair price, I like to spray a little more!

Fig in summer time
People who look for a summer scent that unique=== thats F.d.a. My mom loves this because she likes italian things. I bought her this and aqua universalis forte's little ones and she choose this even it has 1/2 hour max longevity. Fig, figwood these are very realistic you can smell green figs and leafs. Cedarwood lightly wood adding. Citruses great for summer and spring. Im not wowed, but mom loves. I have to admit its not typical lemony. Grapefruit, lemon opening freshness sharp with some fig then fig 1st smelled its wood and cedarwood combo. Longevity isnt good you can see votes.

MikeMike
A great companion to summer sports
Fig has many variants and interpretations in the perfume world. Here it is more creamy, sweet and soft that some of the ice-cold interpretations.
You may say, perfect for a summer morning, on a sunny balcony, breakfast and orange juice, and in fact, it is no bad use for such lazy summer days.
However in my opinion even due to some sweetness it is great for any outdoor activities, maybe because of its open very well in higher temperatures, or go hand in hand with the smell of sweat, if I can say so. By no means, it is something bad, what I'm saying that it's blending nicely and covering any unwanted smells which are natural things during sports activities in hot summer.

The ingredients quality is very good, however sillage and performance could be a bit better.
Aphrodites Nectar
The legendary "apple of temptation" is supposed to have been a fig.
This doesn't sound so absurd, considering the strong aphrodisiac effect attributed to this fruit.
And we weren't all there; so we can make our own thoughts about it.

"Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Almalfi" appeals to all the senses and invites you to a summery stay on this wonderful stretch of Mediterranean coast.
Not only the fleshy and therefore very juicy and aromatic Italian lemon (we already enjoyed it elsewhere), also bergamot and grapefruit offer a shady and scented place under dark green lacquered leaves.
Its play of light and shadow, the sun and a light sea breeze make this pleasure even greater.
Fig nectar, sweet and creamy, flowing from the spoon, contains a very special charm through cleverly dosed pink pepper: this ignites small sensual flames which lead to a special pleasure.
Aphrodite joined us at this moment and plays one of her magical games.
The love goddess also hands over a basket lavishly filled with large white jasmine blossoms, whose golden faces dab additional light effects into this scent painting.
Since everything can be used from the fig tree (from the wood to the leaf to the fruit), this wood, together with the always welcome cedar, leads here to the south-scented finale.
(The wooden panels used as "canvas" for the paintings of the 13th to 15th centuries are said to have been made of fig wood. This should be particularly fine wood.)
But all this citric freshness and the heavy sweetness of the heart note need an additional, spicy antipole: the smoky resin note of benzoin is particularly suitable here.
Thus this fragrance picture closes to an impressive whole, which - Helena1411 writes here completely in my sense - simply joy makes!
And joy, together with southern sunny ambience, is exactly what is simply welcome and right on many days!

After my last disappointment with this brand, I approached "Fico di Amalfi" a little cautiously; the tempting name alone made me finally want to test this fragrance.
At the moment my longing for "Bella Italia" is very big and so I have to search this pleasure through my senses and travel in my mind.
Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi" is certainly an enrichment for all friends of this fragrance. This fig is simply beautiful and full of southern charm.

But my bottling is allowed to go on, because (and now I will surely meet with opposition) for me Ferrari's "Noble Fig" is still like a second skin and seems to stay that way.
And yet it was a great pleasure to get to know this fragrant intermezzo.
"Fico di Amalfi" makes it easy for me to finally test the other bottlings of this brand without any reservations.
I'm curious to see what else I'll discover.

A summer casual staple
I instantly fell in love with FdA’s fresh fig and citrus opening upon first sample. Rather than go creamy like many other fig scents, this one stays green and fruity, becoming ever so slightly sweet and woody as it dries down. It makes me feel like I’m on vacation every day I wear it and has become my go-to summer weekend scent, even making its way into the occasional casual Friday at the office. A mood-lifting, happy scent that excels in the warmer weather.
Shower gel ?
I was looking for a new perfume. To be more precise, looking for a summer perfume. Something different, something that stands out from the uniform mush, but also smells good and appeals to the people around. It doesn't always have to be Acqua di Gio.
So I came across Parfumo and Fico di Amalfi from Acqua di Parma. I already knew Acqua di Parma from acquaintances who raved about this brand but never smelled or tested it personally. Well, anyway... So I'm on my way on Parfumo and read the comments and actually read only positive things about this little water. So I decided to buy Fico Di Amalfi blind. Of course I ordered it and didn't go to the store, because too lazy and stuff, you know...
When the perfume arrives at home, of course full of anticipation, I test the perfume and think to myself: "This is the perfume everyone is raving about?"
First I got this penetrating peach scent that probably is the grapefruit. And somehow it smells like the shower gel of my Nonno, -so my Italian grandfather.
I wasn't thrilled at all. But I've decided to give it another chance. Maybe it will get even better, who knows (?).
An hour passed and I sniffed again at my arm where I sprayed the perfume and it comes to me directly again my Nonno in the Sinn.
After about 3-4 hours I smelled it again - it got slightly better but it still hasn't flashed or knocked me out.
I don't think I have to say anything more about the shelf life, that was often enough mentioned here.
And well, it doesn't smell like coward either. More like peach-grapefruit.

Maybe I'm just too young for this perfume. I'm in my 20s right now and I think this perfume is too "old" for me, it doesn't suit me.
So I decided to give the perfume to my Nonno when I'm back home. I hope he likes it. :)

Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi
If you enjoy the scent of fresh figs with added notes of the white sap of broken fig branches along with light floral and citrus notes, look no further. If you are looking for something different for Summer wear, I highly recommend this fragrance.

When the temperature gets over 80 F (27 C), the scent intensifies. Hot weather really does make this fragrance shine! I would suggest using this fragrance only during hot summer days.

Longevity is 4 to 6 hours. Sillage is 3 to 4 feet.

8/10

Absolutely wonderful summer fragrance
I've only had a few small testers (2ml), but I used it through out the summer. It opens with a lovely fig note, a bit citrus and dries down to some wood scent. On me I do not think it sillage is very strong and longevity is only a 3-5 hours on me. I still use on colder days when working at home or just doing nothing. Why? Cause I'm so in love with the scent, it's a fresh fig scent. It's like your strolling down some small street on an island in the Mediterranean in the summer, dresses in a white shirt and lose pants/bermudas - it has summer written all over it. It might not be the strongest scent, but it smells fantastical - so I use it more for me than my surroundings, if that makes any sense? What can I say, it just lifts me up. It is one of the bottles that I will have to get my hands on in 2018. Think it's best in summer, with +25 degrees Celsius.

MasterLi
Like biting into a ripe juicy fig...
I Highly recommend this fragrance. This is the most realistic fig note I have encountered in a perfume. I know there are other fig based fragrances out there, but I really feel that Fico di Amalfi focuses more on the ripe, juicy fruit than the wood from the tree, or the green leaves, which many other do. I will say that so far I have not been disappointed with any of the Blu Mediterraneo line in terms of quality or authenticity. This smells so natural! I love figs and I love the taste and smell, and this fragrance captures that perfectly. It's juicy, it has fresh citrus (fresh lemon, juicy grapefruit), and a hint of pink pepper and jasmine which gives it a wonderful refreshing, sweet floral background.

Overall, you can't go wrong with this one. The most authentic, natural smelling, juicy fig I have smelt in a fragrance. Perfect in Summer in my opinion. Refreshing and utterly delicious!

KingPinKingPin 15 months ago
4.5
For me it doesn’t work to smell like a fig to be honest.
GabrielCEGabrielCE 16 months ago
A very nice smell, perfect for the summer but sadly it's hard for it to be unique as the smell of figs has to be created synthetically.
ItchynoseItchynose 16 months ago
A combo of sharp uplifting citrus and sweet juicy fig: clean, fresh, fruity... absolutely wonderful.
DarkbeatDarkbeat 22 months ago
Wonderful summer fragrance, with a natural, green and fresh fig, hyper realistic, but it is a pity, it's poor performance.
PioPio 23 months ago
What a beautiful scent, I'm really really impressed with this delicate and well balanced summer fragrance. Well done Acqua di Parma.
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
After a short citrical start, fig is slowly becoming stronger, more ripe, sweet and fruity. Interesting and nice scent development.

by Irini
by Guapo
by eBOSS
by eBOSS

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Ebano by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma Colonia Mirra by Acqua di Parma