Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea 2008

Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea by Acqua di Parma
Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea is a perfume by Acqua di Parma for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMyrtleMyrtle
BasilBasil
Italian lemonItalian lemon
Italian bergamotItalian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesSea breezeSea breeze
Jasmine absoluteJasmine absolute
Damask rose absoluteDamask rose absolute
Base Notes Base NotesMastic absoluteMastic absolute
JuniperJuniper
Virginia cedarVirginia cedar
AmberAmber

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.09.2021.

Greenish blue
Acqua di Parma’s blue colognes are in this sweet spot between mainstream and exclusive. Or should I say a blind spot, a void? They may be too outspoken for the designer audience and too much of a fancy shower gel for the ‘snobs’.

Personally, I find them effective but somewhat unexciting refreshers for casual daytime wear on summer days. Colognes with a fine quality and a clear Mediterranean Casanova vibe.

Mirto di Panarea adds an enjoyable touch of dry green herbs to the theme of citrus and sea breeze musks. A mild amber note in the base adds a little warmth and a tiny bit of sweetness.

The sillage is subtle and longevity is short. As it should be, it’s a cologne!
Very soothing gentle fragrance
Would not call this fragrance an all-rounder, however, it is special in its own way. He works on me incredibly comforting, soothing and gentle. It is also very soft and refreshing. In my opinion a great scent for a relaxed day in good weather, add a shirt and a pair of smart fabric trousers - a pair of loafers and comfortably sip through the Italian city centre with a jacket over your arm. Would not categorize it as a blind buy and also not as a beginner fragrance - just not for every purpose m.E.n.. Rather something more upscale, delicate and stylish. The classification unisex he does justice. Shortcoming is the durability. Please also do not expect compliments - definitely does not address the mainstream audience.
Citric green
Just sprayed on and a teardrop shot up in my eyes: wonderful memories of childhood. It took a long time; I think it was a shampoo from Yves Rocher, which my father gave me for my bag for school swimming! I don't really like green, herbaceous scents, but this one is deeper and fantastic for the summer. I like it a lot! Lemon, basil and herbs in their most beautiful form.

too soapy
I usually like fresh citrusy perfumes but this one smells too soapy for me. It smells like a lobby of an expensive hotel... definitely try it out before you buy it tho. I blind-bought it and i do not like it

SpicyDice
The flowery sweet citric garden
I found the scents of the Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panaria really very interesting, which is why I ordered a sample directly.

The fragrance starts out very prominent and fresh, settles through the woods after a while and gets a little warmer. Basically the cocktail of citric notes is in the foreground, mixed with a little lilac. Unfortunately I don't notice anything of the promised basil.

The performance, i.e. durability and sillage are in need of improvement. After about one hour you can't perceive them in the air anymore, but you have to smell them about 2cm from the sprayed area. A pity.

For me the fragrance is unfortunately nothing, although I like the warm base in combination with the citric note for the summer, here is something that feels a bit pungent in my nose. I have already noticed this with many fresh scents and therefore I will not get it.

~ Panarea Paradise ~
~ Mirto di Panarea is my own personal taste of a Mediterranean paradise in a bottle! I am easily carried away with images evoked by scent and this fresh myrtle, citrus and basil scent is no exception. I am at a charming outside cafe seated by a flower cart on a breezy day and an open air market with various citrus fruits nearby. The notes all feel very natural lemon, orange and the white florals make for a realistic transporting scent to the sea. Fresh, floral, green and even a creaminess that is very appealing to my nose as my own personal skin scent. This is a lovely image in a bottle that will give me a momentary escape to another land and a pleasant blue diversion with each hint of it's seaside sillage breeze.
Kind Regards, Plat ~

MasterLi
What a gorgeous one this is!
It is one of the freshest, most beautiful, natural smelling summer floral scents I have ever come across! I really like it and find it very nice!

It opens up with a beautiful sweet lemon accord. Not sugary sweet, just the natural sweetness of the lemon. It's coupled with a very soothing aromatic Basil note and the most wonderful rendition of sweet Myrtle flower blossom. Absolutely incredible! You can just imagine this wonderful Italian garden by the sea. I also get a hint of salty sea breeze coupled with the prominent flower blossom.

I highly recommend this if you want a very natural smelling, Mediterranean style floral fragrance. Acqua di Parma has really impressed me with this one. Try it if you get the chance!
2.5

The Blu Duds Continue...
Mirto di Panarea opens with a now all too familiar combination of lemon and bergamot and other citrus with a mildly herbal undertone of basil and myrtle, and a salty accord that is relatively well-repressed. The salty citrus and its underlying herbal greens remain into the heart as the scent remains linear in its presentation throughout only slightly changing up things a bit when a base note of amber replaces the now highly dissipated citrus late. Projection is average and longevity is below average.

It is now official... after having tried three of the four samples of the Blu Mediterraneo series I am pretty well convinced this segment of the Acqua di Parma brand is not for me. Like its sister scents I find Mirto di Pannarea to be extremely uninteresting and forgettable. The bergamot and lemon has been done so many times before and quite frankly done a lot better elsewhere. It also has been done by other scents in the Blu line, come to think of it... Why do these Blu line scents all seem like the same fragrance over and over again? I do like the amber dry-down, but it is nothing earth shattering and it is quite short-lived with no projection at all by the time it appears. Mirto di Panarea is yet another disappointing release in the generally disappointing Blu line, earning another average score of 2.5 stars out of 5. Skip it, says I.

TombbbTombbb 1 year ago
Mediterrean seaside in the bottle. Opens with dry, bitter herbs. Accompanied by citrus, hints of aquatic notes and woods.
SAQIBSAQIB 2 years ago
when ever I wear Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea my wife asks me where are you going? are you going for DATE
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
4.5
To much of a food spice to me, smells like a Corsican dish.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
There is something for everyone in the Blu Med citrus line up. Mirto di Panarea is the fresh fragrance for myrtle or aromatic plants lovers.

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by Elysium
by Elysium
AdP auf einer Solarkugel :)
by Jasmine87
by OleTrufa
by Toreter
by Toreter

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria La Spugnatura by Acqua di Parma Quercia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma