Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea 2008

Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea by Acqua di Parma
Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea is a perfume by Acqua di Parma for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Calabrian lemon, Myrtle, Orange, Citrus notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesGreen lilac, Jasmine, Rose, Salty notes, Blackcurrant leaf
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Precious woods, Juniper, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.10.2020.

Citric green
Just sprayed on and a teardrop shot up in my eyes: wonderful memories of childhood. It took a long time; I think it was a shampoo from Yves Rocher, which my father gave me for my bag for school swimming! I don't really like green, herbaceous scents, but this one is deeper and fantastic for the summer. I like it a lot! Lemon, basil and herbs in their most beautiful form.

too soapy
I usually like fresh citrusy perfumes but this one smells too soapy for me. It smells like a lobby of an expensive hotel... definitely try it out before you buy it tho. I blind-bought it and i do not like it

SpicyDice
The flowery sweet citric garden
I found the scents of the Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panaria really very interesting, which is why I ordered a sample directly.

The fragrance starts out very prominent and fresh, settles through the woods after a while and gets a little warmer. Basically the cocktail of citric notes is in the foreground, mixed with a little lilac. Unfortunately I don't notice anything of the promised basil.

The performance, i.e. durability and sillage are in need of improvement. After about one hour you can't perceive them in the air anymore, but you have to smell them about 2cm from the sprayed area. A pity.

For me the fragrance is unfortunately nothing, although I like the warm base in combination with the citric note for the summer, here is something that feels a bit pungent in my nose. I have already noticed this with many fresh scents and therefore I will not get it.

~ Panarea Paradise ~
~ Mirto di Panarea is my own personal taste of a Mediterranean paradise in a bottle! I am easily carried away with images evoked by scent and this fresh myrtle, citrus and basil scent is no exception. I am at a charming outside cafe seated by a flower cart on a breezy day and an open air market with various citrus fruits nearby. The notes all feel very natural lemon, orange and the white florals make for a realistic transporting scent to the sea. Fresh, floral, green and even a creaminess that is very appealing to my nose as my own personal skin scent. This is a lovely image in a bottle that will give me a momentary escape to another land and a pleasant blue diversion with each hint of it's seaside sillage breeze.
Kind Regards, Plat ~

MasterLi
What a gorgeous one this is!
It is one of the freshest, most beautiful, natural smelling summer floral scents I have ever come across! I really like it and find it very nice!

It opens up with a beautiful sweet lemon accord. Not sugary sweet, just the natural sweetness of the lemon. It's coupled with a very soothing aromatic Basil note and the most wonderful rendition of sweet Myrtle flower blossom. Absolutely incredible! You can just imagine this wonderful Italian garden by the sea. I also get a hint of salty sea breeze coupled with the prominent flower blossom.

I highly recommend this if you want a very natural smelling, Mediterranean style floral fragrance. Acqua di Parma has really impressed me with this one. Try it if you get the chance!
2.5

The Blu Duds Continue...
Mirto di Panarea opens with a now all too familiar combination of lemon and bergamot and other citrus with a mildly herbal undertone of basil and myrtle, and a salty accord that is relatively well-repressed. The salty citrus and its underlying herbal greens remain into the heart as the scent remains linear in its presentation throughout only slightly changing up things a bit when a base note of amber replaces the now highly dissipated citrus late. Projection is average and longevity is below average.

It is now official... after having tried three of the four samples of the Blu Mediterraneo series I am pretty well convinced this segment of the Acqua di Parma brand is not for me. Like its sister scents I find Mirto di Pannarea to be extremely uninteresting and forgettable. The bergamot and lemon has been done so many times before and quite frankly done a lot better elsewhere. It also has been done by other scents in the Blu line, come to think of it... Why do these Blu line scents all seem like the same fragrance over and over again? I do like the amber dry-down, but it is nothing earth shattering and it is quite short-lived with no projection at all by the time it appears. Mirto di Panarea is yet another disappointing release in the generally disappointing Blu line, earning another average score of 2.5 stars out of 5. Skip it, says I.

TombbbTombbb 102 days ago
Mediterrean seaside in the bottle. Opens with dry, bitter herbs. Accompanied by citrus, hints of aquatic notes and woods.
SAQIBSAQIB 14 months ago
when ever I wear Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea my wife asks me where are you going? are you going for DATE
KingPinKingPin 20 months ago
4.5
To much of a food spice to me, smells like a Corsican dish.
ItchynoseItchynose 20 months ago
There is something for everyone in the Blu Med citrus line up. Mirto di Panarea is the fresh fragrance for myrtle or aromatic plants lovers.

by Elysium
by Elysium
AdP auf einer Solarkugel :)
by Jasmine87
by OleTrufa
by Toreter
by Toreter

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Vaniglia (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma