Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia 1999

Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma
Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia is a perfume by Acqua di Parma for women and men and was released in 1999. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesStar aniseStar anise Italian bergamotItalian bergamot Italian orangeItalian orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesGreen almondGreen almond Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla Lebanon cedarLebanon cedar Tolu balmTolu balm MuskMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.05.2022.

Zzuki27
The soft, sweet scent of blossoming almond trees with a subtle hint of vanilla
"Acqua di Parma has created an eau de toilette spray with a flatteringly delicate fragrance that evokes sweet memories of a Sicilian way of life, Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo di Sicilia."

"The soft, sweet scent of almond trees in bloom with a subtle vanilla note. It contains a sunny yet innocent sensuality. A little of the essential oil of orange, known for its calming and stress-relieving effects. Find with him to your happiness and well-being and treat your body to a moment of relaxation.

The sparkling entrance formula of bergamot awakens the senses, while the aromatic essence of star anise adds a dynamic freshness to the top notes of the fragrance. In the heart notes, the floral notes of jasmine intertwine with the fruity accents of white peach, accented by the gentle caress of Mediterranean green almond. The base note is announced by a coffee accord and the cedar wood embeds itself in the sensual delicacy of white musk and vanilla.

Inspiring Sicily
Ancient ruins, Norman cathedrals, castles from the Middle Ages and a volcano that in itself is a stunning and awe-inspiring sight. Miniature villages in pastel shades that, it seems, have drawn their shapes and colours from the rocks, the wind and the sea. A magnificence that frames a landscape of breathtaking beauty, and, seemingly unconscious of its own worth, opens itself with carelessness to admiring glances."
A fine ma(n)del treat
A sweet green almond tree brings you a Y-long dream. Bergamottig are the Franzen, where cedar and vanilla dance... Aniseed plays the lute, bridging the midday lull. O ranks with tolu balsam, white musk is at the edge. Ordered is a dessert of the finest... tastes the greatest as well as the smallest. Sweet discreet and creamy soft ... I order the same :-)

Taurus1967
Refreshing almond milk for the summer
If Acqua di Parma can do something perfumery, then it is the really fresh summer fragrances with Mediterranean flair. And exactly this underlines the Blue Mediterraneo series all the more intense.

However, I was more than skeptical about the almond. A note that I would not necessarily have associated with freshness or summer. But Acqua di Parma has definitely taught me better. Thus, the green unripe April almond acts in particular with the ylang ylang as well as the orange plus some star anise decidedly shady as in a lush blooming garden lingering pleasant.

Yes, the Sicilian almonds sniff extremely delicious. Since enormous wanderlust is brewing including great appetite for a cold slightly sweet foamy whipped almost creamy almond milk with a little vanilla (is also in it) - and yet this is not an exhausting sultry gourmand fragrance for cold winter evenings, but an excellent companion for sunny warm seasons.

The reason for this is probably the ylang ylang, which makes the creation relatively exotic-floral and a bit soapy-down-to-earth. A bit reminiscent of fig, but without the association to coconut to tangent, which happens quickly with many such fragrances. Accordingly, I'm curious about the Fico di Amalfi.

Otherwise: Respect for this positive surprise (mannomann - the has already over 20 years on the hump) and wonder that the reviews do not turn out even higher. Maybe he should times more Parfumos just on summery-hot days in the almond ... um, I mean to take in the mangle.
Aniseed Almond Dream
I really like the smell. The bottle, with its blue color, seems rather fresh and cool. But this "cool" expectation is not confirmed.
When sprayed on, the star anise note is very well perceptible. In the beginning I was a little worried about the anise because I didn't want to have a liquorice-ouzo perfume. But the anise is very pleasant and takes away the marzipan association from the sweet almond.
During the day there is a pleasant scent on my skin. The components merge into a beautiful overall impression in which no fragrance ingredient is too dominant.
With all its sweetness, the fragrance is not too heavy and could be worn all year round despite its gourmand notes.
For me a feel-good fragrance that does not challenge me too much and that I like to wear simply for myself when I don't want anything too demanding
Sicilia Insula est...
... that was the first sentence in my Latin book.

It was a pleasure to hold the book in my hands.
And - what can I say? My feeling did not tug me - Latin became my favourite subject and Sicilia my favourite destination.

If I dream of a place of well-being, it's Taormina.

I had spent a "girls' holiday" there with my mother and my aunt - which was to be followed by many more visits.
Since I do not speak Italian, my school Latin helped me with the open-minded Italians.
They have a sunny disposition - just like Il Sole, which bathed the entire colourful island in golden light.

The scent of orange groves filled the air, as well as citric bergamot.
Ylang beguiled the senses and the cedars swayed in the wind.
We sat on the quay wall, looked out over the sea and enjoyed the delicious vanilla almond cakes, which taste best in Italy.

Sitting on the quay
feel nothing but the warmth of the sun
hear nothing from the sound of the sea
And between two heartbeats believe - now is peace.

No Vin Santo, please
Cantuccini are a funny pastry from northern Italy, which I was offered for the first time by my late mother-in-law. I took a hearty bite of the little crispy something, which I immediately regretted, as the thing tasted more than crispy, namely rock-hard and extremely dusty. Fortunately I have strong and firm little biters, otherwise the adventure would have catapulted me onto the couch of Dr. S., my Viennese dentist.

Able to learn as I am at times, I quickly understood that Cantuccini can either be chewed nobly or enjoyed with a café or a glass of Vin Santo. The latter is too much of a good thing even for me with a sweet nose and so I always preferred the café, preferably strong black espresso, during my later stays in Northern Italy. By the way, espresso has gradually become part of my life in this way, pure black, strong, without the fuss of milk or sugar.

The Cantuccini, on the other hand, I have somehow forgotten with the passing of this mother-in-law. And then the Corona pandemic came and the time at home became long and my baking skills are quite clear, so that one day between homeoffice, e-learning of my crown prince and after an article about italian delicacies I started to bake Cantuccini by myself.the thing was not that difficult, first the recipe for bloody beginners made of flour, almonds, sugar, eggs and vanilla pulp tested, with not only for me convincing results.

On the second and third attempts I boldly added grated lemons or orange peel with the result that the things were eaten away even faster than on the first pass.

Italy, Tuscany, Florence, oh how much I was gripped by the desire to travel and the taste for dolce vita, especially in this phase of quarantine! But apart from the fact that I would generally refrain from travelling to Italy at the moment, because Corona has raged in some parts of the country and in my opinion the all-clear cannot be given yet, the travel budget, also thanks to "Oasch-Virus Corona", is for the time being too thin for a trip of this format. A small olfactory cheaper trip I promised myself from Mandorlo di Sicilia from the Blu Mediterraneo series of Acqua di Parma, so I quickly organized a bottling. Before I go into the fragrance itself, I would like to briefly explain my expectations and what these have to do with Cantuccini. In front of my inner eye I had the enchanting Beatrice from Il Postino or the young buxom Claudia Cardinale and a powdery almond scent with an overall subtle dry sweetness and slightly citrus notes in the opening and a musky base.

This corresponds more or less to a Cantuccini in scented form and if you study the scented pyramid of Mandorlo di Sicilia on the Acqua di Parma website:

The top note: star anise, Italian bergamot, Italian orange
Heart notes: Green almonds, ylang ylang
Base note: Madagascan vanilla, Lebanese cedar wood, tolu balsam, musk*

To make a long story short: yes, I got the Cantuccini - but with sticky Vino Santo and I hadn't ordered the latter! Mandorlo di Sicilia starts off full-bodied sweet, the listed citric notes in the prelude are reduced to an equally sweet orange aroma for my nose, which reminds me remotely of those refreshment sticks I used to nibble on at my grandmother's when I was a child (does anyone here remember them? Dark, very sweet chocolate sticks filled with a peckish-sweet aqueous liquid that had orange or lemon flavour from the chemilab). In no time at all an almond chord - unfortunately also sweet - appears. The sweetness could come from the listed Ylang Ylang, I have very different scent experiences with Ylang Ylang, sometimes it is flowery - lush, sometimes rather flowery-vanilla, sometimes simply sticky for my nose.

Here I cannot identify it, suspecting the vanilla listed in the base as the actual culprit. I don't notice anything of cedar wood and musk, the whole thing is just a simple sugary vanilla melange and makes me dream of salt crackers, pickles and curry sausage.

Nevertheless, I will not give up bottling Mandorlo di Sicilia so quickly. Perhaps it will serve me well next winter and then unfold its true charm under a woollen sweater and with warm lined boots on my feet. For this reason, I will wait a little longer with my evaluation here.

Furthermore, because of my geographical potpourri, it is perhaps my own fault that my expectations were not met. Between Tuscany and Sicily there are not only kilometres but certainly worlds apart. To search for a Tuscan speciality in a fragrance declared as Sicilian was therefore perhaps doomed to failure from the very beginning.
RedVanilla
Almond biscuits with aniseed flavour!
As actually with most colognes, one first takes a load of citrus fruits. In this case bergamot and orange. And unfortunately, as with many other colognes I have tested, this first citrus impression also disappears relatively quickly. More than half an hour is not in here.

But then the almond strikes more and more. I find this smell very natural. Understandably with a certain sweetness, but the impression of sugar is limited here. Aniseed can easily be perceived in the background and the almond note is well supported by it. But now, unfortunately, one of my absolute scent enemies is added. The herbaceous cedar wood enters the scene and destroys the overall positive impression for me. But this is my personal feeling, because for me cedar wood is generally a troublemaker in the fragrance perception. For a cologne, the silage lasts for about 6 hours and therefore the nose has something to sniff for a long time.

Conclusion: An excellent choice for friends of sweet fragrance development. However, one should also be a fan of the herbaceous representatives aniseed and cedar wood, because they are clearly represented here. The best thing is to simply test it and let your nose decide.
LeniChanning
"It smells like cocoa here"
I was walking with a friend through the perfume department of a department store looking for a fragrance for him. Right in the middle of it, a switch from Acqua di Parma was set up, and an employee diligently sprayed blue flacons on tissue paper. She held one in front of my nose and I started to test myself with her company through the row and got stuck with Mandorlo. It smells very sweet, therefore at most for feminine men in my opinion, a lot of vanilla and sweet almond, a bit like vanilla crescent. But I don't smell orange. It is really a very sweet scent; but without headache. The other day I wore it to the office after a long time, whereupon my 60-year-old colleague said to me: "It smells like cocoa here" and he is indeed right, when I smell the bottle the image of a cup of very sweet, very milky cocoa comes into my head.
Sweet almond all-yeargourmand
Acqua di Parma - a very interesting brand, which is mainly known for the timeless classic Colonia. A brand I've wanted to test for a long time and now I've finally added three fragrances: Colonia, Fico di Amalfi and this one. I was curious about these 3, some will surely follow. Very affordable and rather inexpensive. This one gets already for approx.100Euro a 150ml. Fair!
The Blu Mediterraneo line has many interesting concepts. This pyramid appealed to me the most. Translated Sicilian Almond Tree it already starts interesting in name and concept. Almond Anise Vanilla, I was curious.

The bottles at AdP are all very noble. Especially the Blu series is an eye-catcher with a nice blue tone. Even the simple labels with beautiful writing look very noble. Great.
Its fragrance is very sweet right from the start. The star of this composition is clearly the almond as the name implies. This almond is accompanied by a modern bubblegum-like sweetness. I like it a lot. Also the anise note is well perceptible. Almond and anise are accompanied by a subtle fruity note and ylang ylang. Well done, especially if you get a lot of sweetness. Here you get a lot of gourmand sweetness without being too heavy. Balanced and well wearable on warmer days. The base becomes much softer with vanilla and soft woody notes plus the almond note which remains throughout.
Not a fragrance everyone likes. Should definitely be tested and not bought blind. He polarizes and will also find some opponents. This is often the case with very sweet fragrances.
Also unisex only conditionally. As a man you should be able to give off very sweet scents. With a conservative attitude, this fragrance is more likely to be classified as a women's fragrance. I also find the scent wearable as a gentleman when you're the type for sweetness. Should definitely fit the type.
The evaluation of the performance often amazes me here. Some that I feel are weak are overrated here and some really good ones like this are clearly underrated here. For me this one has a really good Sillage including very good durability. Shelf life should be between 7 and 8 hours. The Sillage is also very good. Especially at the start very strong and also hours afterwards very long in the nose. Accompanies the wearer well. A sprayer on the hand and it comes for a long time something in the nose, without leading the hand to the nose. Top.
Especially for the evening a successful fragrance. A true all-rounder when it comes to the season. Only to the great heat possibly too heavy. For a sweet Gourmandigen fragrance exceptionally good to wear even at temperatures above 20 degrees.

A fragrance I can recommend for all who like sweet scents. Very good to wear, especially for younger people, as it is very modern even if it has been on the market since 1999.

Sweet bubblegum?
A sweet yet delicate gourmand. Almond and vanilla notes are predominant here. I don't agree with the "bubblegum" vibe but I can see what people mean. It does smell of coffee and sugar a little to me but very much in a delicate way. I find it a very pleasant fragrance and those who like this kind of gourmand will enjoy it very much.

Rossi09Rossi09 2 months ago
Intensely sweet - vanilla, almond, almost cloying with a hint of citrus fruits. Not for every day but like a nice journey to warm place.
NicSealNicSeal 4 months ago
Smells like an Italian candy that I have had before, but I cannot remember what it was. Good performance but too sweet for me.
TiloHaistTiloHaist 5 months ago
1.5
Wenn du es magst mach verklebtem und synthetischen Kaugummi zu riechen, ist das dein Duft… Für mich einfach ein Reinfall
MiniGBICMiniGBIC 6 months ago
This is the most beautiful almond scent in the world - I swear! :)
Extra point for the 30ml bottle & the ingenious outer packaging
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Excelent almond note but a bit too sweet and feminine. The poor sillage makes it more wearable. I prefer the Guerlain almonds for men :-)
FranknSenseFranknSense 3 years ago
Anised ciitrus in the opening, giving way to a gorgeous almond and a calm wood and vanilla drydown. A gourmand but refreshing summer scent.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Not at all in line with the others in the Blue Club. Too gourmand:y and sweet for me.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
Sweet and gourmand for its almond notes, it's a pleasant scent expecially for women ,but i find it too expensive

wenn sich des abends das sofa zur traumfähre nach sizilien „vermandelt“ ;) hattest du die produktkombi aus duschgel / bodylotion & duft zur nachtpflege = „mandelhaft“!
by Felsn
by Zelena
by Zelena
by Parfumine
Noch etwas Sommerfeeling für's Gemüt, bevor die Tage wieder trüber werden. :-)
by Labormaus
by Gemini237
by MiNiMilK67
by MiNiMilK67

Popular by Acqua di Parma

Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria La Spugnatura by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Quercia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Mirra by Acqua di Parma