Colonia Club (2015) Eau de Cologne

Colonia Club (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma

Colonia Club (Eau de Cologne) is a perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian lemon, Petitgrain, Bergamot, Sicilian mandarin, Mint, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Geranium, Galbanol
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, White musk, Ambergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 27.08.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Bursche
"If he's interested in you, you feel like you're the only person in the world." (The talented Mr. Ripley)
He is a mysterious friend, an old acquaintance whom I have known for years - but whose character I will never really grasp. No, it's not because he's superficial. On the contrary...

Often I would sit with him for two or three hours and talk about God and the world. Whether in the sunny but still ice-cold spring freshness, there on the stone terrace of the lodge in the Alps. Whether in the sultry heat of feverish summer evenings in the glow of the flickering anti-mosquito candles, when he gave me a cool head despite profound thoughts. Or on rainy autumn days, when I just want to hide out in the warm apartment and get some rest, but he calls me: "You have to be among people!

No, he is not the one who is always close to me - but when he is there, he is surprisingly often at exactly the right time. And then he greets me with a cordiality that amazes me every time anew.

A gentleman - neither old nor young! A man of pleasure who loves life. And a cool thinker at the same time...

Acqua the Parma Colonia Club: Chapeau!
7.0 6.0 7.0 6.0/10

Meggi
The balance is not correct
A soapy-citric hairdressing salon freshness opened. But quickly mint is in front, in a strong ethereal cloud. Includes plenty of matching leaf greens. Also stinging nettle would be conceivable, which is not meant absolutely negatively.

And when already within a few minutes a diffuse, synthetic woodiness penetrates, fortunately that creaminess is there which I cannot call "Italian" without being able to give a well-founded reason for it. First slightly roughened (rose geranium), later mainly green (galbanum). This is good for the whole construct insofar as the artificial wood is kept underground by it and does not develop its own penetrance.

Well, and like many of his brand colleagues, 'Colonia Club' is now gliding solidly for hours, hour after hour, the "Italian" looking mixture of green and cream with the help of lavender bravely maintains a touch of aftershave attitude. The wood scratches consistently just close enough to a brave fragment of our nettle green not to become annoying. A little bit of Herbes backwards (like a hint of tobacco bitterness) also helps against wood wasteland.

The problem is that, especially with the representatives from the blue Acqua series, a kneeling start for the following hours is often mild. Today the mint was very tidy and the green-leaved, quite lifelike impact can be considered hereby expressly as duly appreciated - but it is not for melting. And since the rest then seems rather routinely cranked down, the balance is simply not right.

Conclusion: A (admittedly stylish) Immergeher for the Lord. Serves its target group reliably.

I thank MisterE for the rehearsal.
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Viva Colonia
The sun burns and stands with all power in the sky and lets us groan and pant for cool places, refreshing drinks, ice and perhaps for a fresh smell?
You can bend scents at the moment, at 40 degrees even the freshest cologne seems like a dusty warm something when you spray and you sweat everything away within 1-2 hours.
I live in the attic and get the full roar here, am actually a summer child, love it when the days are long, the drinks are cool, the clothes are little and airy, I don't have to wear a jacket, the birds chirp in the morning, everything is green and blooms and the day begins brightly and ends brightly But like last year, I'm reaching my limits. I was in the shower tonight at 2am, just because nothing worked anymore.
That's where the fun ends. At the moment I can't drink as much as I sweat, only fast food and/or salad is eaten, the fan only produces circulating air like in the oven and even a walk to the mailbox becomes a torture.
But it was worth it. After I had swapped a few samples with my dear BlackbirdHH a few weeks ago and this AdP was there and I liked it, Jakobolino, who was just as dear, provided me with supplies of this fragrance. Thanks again you two.

Critics will now say that I'm complaining and it's going on all of us right now and that's both true. Tomorrow it will be cooler again and I can't wait to see it.
Even though it's hardly worth wearing scents at least for me at the moment, I do it anyway and even if it's already burning my throat, I try to refresh myself in some way, have also put a scent in the fridge, but this is also only a kick for the moment.

I got one more kick with the Colonia Club. Without refrigerator. The fragrance has a so-called cooling effect and actually cools the sprayed areas. That's really great, because the effect lasts for quite a while, at least for me. Galbanol and natural mint are probably responsible for this. In general, the fragrance starts very minty, somewhat citric and really cool. It's getting ice cold. I haven't experienced it like this before, except maybe with ice spray.
Spraying in the neck is even more fun. Viva Colonia!
The further course of the fragrance then goes in a slightly spicier elegant Barbershop direction, which I like very much. You always smell well-groomed and well dressed with it. It's unsaponifiable and not hot. Lavender and a subtle flower of death (rose geranium) with vetiver ensure this. Some people may not find this very exciting, but I personally find a certain restraint very often very chic. That's exactly what the manufacturer says the fragrance wants to be. A discreet masculine refresher.

Of course I can also bang an olfactory opus on my neck, where I discover a newly composed facet every minute and what brings me into almost lyrical fascination and I float up into the olfactory garden of Eden where I dance a waltz with sad daisies and applaud lemon trees to myself. But in this heat? Would I most likely and actually get delusions.

No that is exactly correct for the man in the summer, who would like to smell well-groomed and to refresh itself in addition still.
The durability is moderate, but never made spraying more fun, because then it cools again. Is then perhaps even something meaningful in the case. I have described the durability in the statement as nonsense, but it rhymed so beautifully and I revise this here with it.
Anyway, I could get a bathtub full of it right now and screw myself. There may be more sophisticated scents, but if every scent disappears at 40 degrees, then you don't get much of it and you miss this cooling minty fresh experience.

Clubs from Kölle have always been my favorites. In this sense... Viva Colonia!

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

FragranceFox
I like to be a member of this club
35 years ago there was a legendary club that opened its doors to the world: its name was "Club Tropicana" and it only existed in fantasy because it was sung about in a song by the duo WHAM. It was a homage to the beautiful and carefree holiday season - interspersed with fine satire. "Club Tropicana, drinks are free. Fun and sunshine, there's enough for everyone..."

If I imagine perfumes for it, then from Versace "Dylan", Abercrombie & Fitch "Fierce" or Dolce & Gabbana "Light Blue". In other words: Here it smells sweet, colorful, pleasing and a bit loud.

The "Colonia Club" also takes us into another world, but not into one where the lightness of being is celebrated, but where the beauty of the world is honored. Even if "Colonia Club" has a high durability and Sillage, it does not force itself on, but caresses one. In contrast to other perfumes, "Colonia Club" does not have this tangy aggressiveness in the top note. The fragrance has something of a fresh lemon cake with mint - in any case something mushy. Even if this is not possible, many fragrances from Acqua di Parma seem to me to be more viscous than mainstream perfumes, because their various ingredients seem to merge into a pleasant mush. In the specific case of "Colonia Club", this takes away something of the sensory complexity of other high-quality niche perfumes, where there is certainly more to smell and discover.

This olfactory environment of Acqua di Parma makes you feel less like partying: The "Club Tropicana takes place today without us. In the "Colonia Club", on the other hand, you can enjoy the Italian evening sun in style with a cocktail in your hand. For hours, you are surrounded by a cosy warmth that provides a positive atmosphere for yourself and the other club members - up to light approaches of happiness. Over time, when the citric opening notes diminish a little, the darker chords of mint and especially musk become established, further reinforcing the feeling of inner serenity.

As Groucho Marx once said, "I may not belong to any club that accepts me as a member." Well, I belong to the "Club Colonia" for a long time, feel very well taken care of there and think that it will stay that way for a long time to come. Thanks in this connection also to the knowledgeable salesman of the perfumery Schnitzler in Düsseldorf, without whom I would probably not be a proud member of the "Colonia Club" today.

An Ode to Yesteryear and a Nod to the Gentlemen of Today
-Acqua di Parma Colonia Club-
Disclaimer: my notes are based on a Scent Bird sample and the impressions it gave me. I do not consider this a full review.

• Classic barbershop frag that focuses on mint.
• Yes, you’ve been here before, but should that promote aversion? That’s up to you.
• For me, the mint hangs around until the basenotes become prominent. Your mileage may vary.
• I was surprised at the longevity, though not at first. I found I was becoming anosmic within an hour or two. I’m told that it wears close (arms length) after the initial blast and isn’t overbearing—even when spraying fairly liberally (I like to be minimal and often only spray 1-3 times), spraying 5 times without much worry. Applying only 3 sprays to the back of my neck, I was able to retain the ability to catch silage for a full work day.
• This is mature, but I wouldn’t call it strictly an “old man’s scent.”
• Almost out of my sample... I’m considering a full bottle.
• If you like Creed’s GIT or Bleu de Chanel, I’d take a look at Colonia Club. It has that masculin vibe, without being overpowering; think Drakkar Noir... subtracting the POWER of an 80’s mustache and adding a minty edge.

Colonia Yawn
The opening of Colonia Club strikes me as an overpriced, apparently fancier but still quite cheap fragrant version of the almighty Proraso shaving cream, with that classic minty-citrus-woody blast rounded by a musky soapy feel. I mentioned Proraso but you can name any other popular, proletarian-to-middle-class old school green shaving cream/aftershave, mostly the ones in fashion in Italy and Central Europe from the Sixties on. The balsamic mintiness is quite powerful at first in Colonia Club, and I admit its realistic, nose-tingling, pore-unclogging vibrancy is quite enjoyable. But once that phase ends in a matter of minutes, all you remain with is a decent, mannered, really classic (and that’s good) desperately mediocre (and that’s bad) clone of a clone of any of the countless clones of any “classic green fragrances” from post-war aftershaves to Ralph Lauren Polo, Vidal’s Pino Silvestre or dozens of obscure “Aguas” from the Eighties, stuffed with synthetic musk with a whiff of carnation and green-earthy notes. Don’t get me wrong, Colonia Club smells linearly and flatly decent, but countless of other fragrances and aftershaves do this same exact job at a fraction of its price. As for many other Acqua di Parma fragrances, I don’t really see the quality gaps or benefits justifying the cost.

5/10

KingPin 8 months ago
An expensive version of Proraso. Nice but a bit mainstream.+1
Hermesh 4 years ago
Citric notes and mint give a pleasant cool and fruity freshness. It's a pity that some synthetic note appears, which doesn't really fit in.
5.0

by Dunki
by Oziriz
by Oziriz

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma Colonia Club (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Gelsomino Nobile by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Colonia Ambra (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma