Colonia Club 2015Eau de Cologne

Colonia Club (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma
Colonia Club (Eau de Cologne) is a perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian lemon, Petitgrain, Bergamot, Sicilian mandarin orange, Mint, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Geranium, Galbanol
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, White musk, Ambergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 28.11.2020.

It didn't need him...
Colonia Club is such a candidate for me, where you don't know, is it worth buying or not? This is largely due to the expectations that AdP itself has built up. One is used to the fact that the start is formidably contested. If, as with the brown flacons, it lasts for a long time, everything is perfect. If it doesn't, as with the blue series or the Colonias, then you'll be glad to forgive. Because they're summer scents, and first impressions compensate. In the meantime I know for myself if the fragrance is worth buying
This is also how Colonia Club begins. An intensive scent cloud forms around the mint, it is spurred on by the citrus notes to peak performance and that pleases very much. On top of that, Colonia Club cools down due to the galbanol and mint, the sprayed areas become cooler. I imagine it's very nice in summer, especially since the spots stay cool when the top note says goodbye. Unfortunately this happens quickly. Normally not tragic with AdP, because they always stick to it somehow.

What then followed...Seldom have I thought so surely at the beginning, that this would be a purchase only to have to row back because nothing much happens afterwards. As soon as the gigantic top note has disappeared, all that's left is green-herbal and that's not even that refreshing. The cooling gradually recedes and you start to find the fragrance not so nice anymore. Quickly a weak scent remains, the same as withering flowers. The vetiver also seems pure here, but it seems to have only briefly passed by the bottle. I've never seen vetiver so expressionless and weak on the chest.
No, it's okay to start with a summer scent with a strong top note and not to put down a mad H/S. But this, this isn't working. The opening very pleasing, has something of menthol, after that the scent not only weakens, it becomes bland and boring. Can AdP much better
Rebirth2014
Not perfect, but perfect for me
In the last few months I have had to be very reticent about Parfumo in my actions. This was neither due to the excellent community, nor to my love for perfumes. Rather, I came to the realization that the perception of a fragrance is such a subjective feeling that - with all preferences - it does not always fit one's own mood and especially one's own lifestyle.

Primarily I fell in love in the last years with fragrances of the oriental direction (especially Amouage), only to find out that there are meanwhile hardly any situations in which I can wear them. Even Fougeres, which are full, wooded and green in the base, got on my nerves with all their affection. Why was this?

From Couchpotato, with over 20 kg overweight, I found my way back to an active lifestyle. Increasingly my sluggish and cuddly basic posture had to give way to my rediscovered urge to move. In the beginning, days of rest and days of action were still in balance. Smoky, heavy scents or powerful fougeres accompanied me through the temperate days, as well as on hikes in the autumn forest. But year after year my sport workload increased and with it also the physical and olfactory load developed to the same extent.

After the remains of Amouage Interlude from the previous evening made me almost vomit during the hard interval training, as if someone was smoking next to me, I decided to use my scent treasures only very rarely and carefully (holidays, going out etc.) and I experimented frustrated with fresh scents from the mainstream segment. I didn't like any fragrance from this area, because either the top note was too synthetically fresh (detergent) or the base was incredibly sticky and sweet (tonka) and created an inner defense. It simply didn't fit any more and every fragrance produced a certain disgust during the day.

At some point I remembered "Acqua di Parma Colonia Club" and in my desperation I bought a small bottle. Tested during sports, the incredibly fresh, pearly top note immediately inspired me. This gave me the incomparable feeling that probably everyone knows when you quench your thirst with bitter lemon, orangina or san pellegrino: the bitter parts of the peel, the essential oils of the citrus fruits, and the crystalline, sugary sweetness immediately invigorate body and soul.

As Colonia, the fragrance does not tend to get lost in excessive sillage or shelf life.

In the second phase a green soap develops, which conveys a cultivated feeling. Light Fougereankläge swing along. The mint still remains pearly and triggers another freshness kick.

There is no such thing as a base. That's good, because this would trigger a certain feeling of disgust in me during sporting stress. Vetiver, musk and amber (probably due to the resin in the heart note) produce only a dry and soft contrast to the freshness. After two hours the fragrance retreats very close to the skin.

If I evaluate the fragrance as a composition in the classical sense, I have to reproach him for giving away essential elements of perfume art in a one-dimensional way and without drydown. But in my case this "mistake" is ideal and gives me an everyday scent that fits my life and my feelings perfectly.

Who had to make similar experiences, like those described by me, is recommended to test "Acqua di Parma Colonia Club". All others will probably be bothered by the overdrawn mint and the missing base.

The shower foam of "Rituals Samurai Yuzu" also went in the same direction (the pearling effect), which unfortunately was discontinued.
Bursche
"If he's interested in you, you feel like you're the only person in the world." (The talented Mr. Ripley)
He is a mysterious friend, an old acquaintance whom I have known for years - but whose character I will never really grasp. No, it's not because he's superficial. On the contrary...

Often I would sit with him for two or three hours and talk about God and the world. Whether in the sunny but still ice-cold spring freshness, there on the stone terrace of the lodge in the Alps. Whether in the sultry heat of feverish summer evenings in the glow of the flickering anti-mosquito candles, when he gave me a cool head despite profound thoughts. Or on rainy autumn days, when I just want to hide out in the warm apartment and get some rest, but he calls me: "You have to be among people!

No, he is not the one who is always close to me - but when he is there, he is surprisingly often at exactly the right time. And then he greets me with a cordiality that amazes me every time anew.

A gentleman - neither old nor young! A man of pleasure who loves life. And a cool thinker at the same time...

Acqua the Parma Colonia Club: Chapeau!
Meggi
The balance is not correct
A soapy-citric hairdressing salon freshness opened. But quickly mint is in front, in a strong ethereal cloud. Includes plenty of matching leaf greens. Also stinging nettle would be conceivable, which is not meant absolutely negatively.

And when already within a few minutes a diffuse, synthetic woodiness penetrates, fortunately that creaminess is there which I cannot call "Italian" without being able to give a well-founded reason for it. First slightly roughened (rose geranium), later mainly green (galbanum). This is good for the whole construct insofar as the artificial wood is kept underground by it and does not develop its own penetrance.

Well, and like many of his brand colleagues, 'Colonia Club' is now gliding solidly for hours, hour after hour, the "Italian" looking mixture of green and cream with the help of lavender bravely maintains a touch of aftershave attitude. The wood scratches consistently just close enough to a brave fragment of our nettle green not to become annoying. A little bit of Herbes backwards (like a hint of tobacco bitterness) also helps against wood wasteland.

The problem is that, especially with the representatives from the blue Acqua series, a kneeling start for the following hours is often mild. Today the mint was very tidy and the green-leaved, quite lifelike impact can be considered hereby expressly as duly appreciated - but it is not for melting. And since the rest then seems rather routinely cranked down, the balance is simply not right.

Conclusion: A (admittedly stylish) Immergeher for the Lord. Serves its target group reliably.

I thank MisterE for the rehearsal.
FragranceFox
I like to be a member of this club
35 years ago there was a legendary club that opened its doors to the world: its name was "Club Tropicana" and it only existed in fantasy because it was sung about in a song by the duo WHAM. It was a homage to the beautiful and carefree holiday season - interspersed with fine satire. "Club Tropicana, drinks are free. Fun and sunshine, there's enough for everyone..."

If I imagine perfumes for it, then from Versace "Dylan", Abercrombie & Fitch "Fierce" or Dolce & Gabbana "Light Blue". In other words: Here it smells sweet, colorful, pleasing and a bit loud.

The "Colonia Club" also takes us into another world, but not into one where the lightness of being is celebrated, but where the beauty of the world is honored. Even if "Colonia Club" has a high durability and Sillage, it does not force itself on, but caresses one. In contrast to other perfumes, "Colonia Club" does not have this tangy aggressiveness in the top note. The fragrance has something of a fresh lemon cake with mint - in any case something mushy. Even if this is not possible, many fragrances from Acqua di Parma seem to me to be more viscous than mainstream perfumes, because their various ingredients seem to merge into a pleasant mush. In the specific case of "Colonia Club", this takes away something of the sensory complexity of other high-quality niche perfumes, where there is certainly more to smell and discover.

This olfactory environment of Acqua di Parma makes you feel less like partying: The "Club Tropicana takes place today without us. In the "Colonia Club", on the other hand, you can enjoy the Italian evening sun in style with a cocktail in your hand. For hours, you are surrounded by a cosy warmth that provides a positive atmosphere for yourself and the other club members - up to light approaches of happiness. Over time, when the citric opening notes diminish a little, the darker chords of mint and especially musk become established, further reinforcing the feeling of inner serenity.

As Groucho Marx once said, "I may not belong to any club that accepts me as a member." Well, I belong to the "Club Colonia" for a long time, feel very well taken care of there and think that it will stay that way for a long time to come. Thanks in this connection also to the knowledgeable salesman of the perfumery Schnitzler in Düsseldorf, without whom I would probably not be a proud member of the "Colonia Club" today.

An Ode to Yesteryear and a Nod to the Gentlemen of Today
-Acqua di Parma Colonia Club-
Disclaimer: my notes are based on a Scent Bird sample and the impressions it gave me. I do not consider this a full review.

• Classic barbershop frag that focuses on mint.
• Yes, you’ve been here before, but should that promote aversion? That’s up to you.
• For me, the mint hangs around until the basenotes become prominent. Your mileage may vary.
• I was surprised at the longevity, though not at first. I found I was becoming anosmic within an hour or two. I’m told that it wears close (arms length) after the initial blast and isn’t overbearing—even when spraying fairly liberally (I like to be minimal and often only spray 1-3 times), spraying 5 times without much worry. Applying only 3 sprays to the back of my neck, I was able to retain the ability to catch silage for a full work day.
• This is mature, but I wouldn’t call it strictly an “old man’s scent.”
• Almost out of my sample... I’m considering a full bottle.
• If you like Creed’s GIT or Bleu de Chanel, I’d take a look at Colonia Club. It has that masculin vibe, without being overpowering; think Drakkar Noir... subtracting the POWER of an 80’s mustache and adding a minty edge.

Colonia Yawn
The opening of Colonia Club strikes me as an overpriced, apparently fancier but still quite cheap fragrant version of the almighty Proraso shaving cream, with that classic minty-citrus-woody blast rounded by a musky soapy feel. I mentioned Proraso but you can name any other popular, proletarian-to-middle-class old school green shaving cream/aftershave, mostly the ones in fashion in Italy and Central Europe from the Sixties on. The balsamic mintiness is quite powerful at first in Colonia Club, and I admit its realistic, nose-tingling, pore-unclogging vibrancy is quite enjoyable. But once that phase ends in a matter of minutes, all you remain with is a decent, mannered, really classic (and that’s good) desperately mediocre (and that’s bad) clone of a clone of any of the countless clones of any “classic green fragrances” from post-war aftershaves to Ralph Lauren Polo, Vidal’s Pino Silvestre or dozens of obscure “Aguas” from the Eighties, stuffed with synthetic musk with a whiff of carnation and green-earthy notes. Don’t get me wrong, Colonia Club smells linearly and flatly decent, but countless of other fragrances and aftershaves do this same exact job at a fraction of its price. As for many other Acqua di Parma fragrances, I don’t really see the quality gaps or benefits justifying the cost.

5/10

KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
An expensive version of Proraso. Nice but a bit mainstream.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Citric notes and mint give a pleasant cool and fruity freshness. It's a pity that some synthetic note appears, which doesn't really fit in.

Der Weg (für Fresh)
by Floyd
Wasser aus Parma. Kölner Verein.
by Floyd
by Dunki
by Oziriz
by Oziriz

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Colonia Mirra by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma