Colonia Club 2015 Eau de Cologne

Colonia Club (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma
Colonia Club (Eau de Cologne) is a perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian lemonSicilian lemon
PetitgrainPetitgrain
BergamotBergamot
Sicilian mandarin orangeSicilian mandarin orange
MintMint
NeroliNeroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavenderLavender
GeraniumGeranium
GalbanolGalbanol
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiverHaitian vetiver
White muskWhite musk
AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 14.11.2021.

ScentGrail
Green genre at its best!
Colonia Club from Acqua di Parma is one of my biggest fragrance discoveries in 2021. One of a kind masterpiece, and still a hidden gem.

The genius inclusion of Ambergris in the old-school green scent genre from the 1970s is what takes Colonia Club on a whole new level, and makes it contemporary, unlike the original 1916 edition.

To my nose, mint dominates the fragrance, and that salty note is to die for. Thankfully, the saltiness is not amplified as in for example Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale and is closer to something we have already seen in Giorgio Armani's Acqua di Gio Profumo or Tom Ford's Costa Azzurra.

Here are my 5 quick takes:

1. The best green aquatic fragrance on the market
2. Affordable and long-lasting high-quality niche fragrance released in 2015
3. Versatile and works in any season and occasion
4. Underrated hidden gem masterpiece to stand out from the rest of the crowd
5. Marketed as a unisex fragrance, but works better on men

TOP NOTES
Acqua di Parma Colonia Club provides a great wearing experience with a clear transition from top to base notes. The scent starts out with a burst of a natural smelling combination of citruses. To my nose, bergamot, and orange and the two most distinct notes that jump out, and are combined with a backbone of neroli. The refreshing start unleashes the powerful mint, and thankfully, not the sweet kind of mint we see in many designer and niche fragrances of today.

HEART NOTES
The scent of bitter galbanum and aromatic lavender amplifies the mint, and some who are more used to wearing easier scents might find this phase somewhat challenging, but at this point, the scent has lost the initial big projection, and it shouldn’t be an issue. Now, while all of these notes and accord are working together to bring out the best of citruses and herbs, a touch of saltiness and aquatic-like accord pops out. If you know how does Giorgio Armani Aqua di Gio Profumo smells like, you know exactly what I mean. That salty note is ambergris.

BASE NOTES
In the dry down, Club softens into this melange of soft musk, and ambergris. To my nose, vetiver is undetectable. Which is fine, since it seems I have fallen out of love lately with that note. The sharpness of mint and herbaceous nature from the heart notes have faded, and the aforementioned musk feels more like a second skin rather than for example, animalic castoreum.

In my experience, Club is at its best after the top notes settle into the aromatic heart, while the projection is still moderately stronger.

------

In the end, we choose how and what we want to smell like. Personally, Acqua di Parma Colonia Club is almost as good to me as Colonia Essenza is, and the one scent that shouldn’t be overlooked no matter what reviews say.
*Check out my Parfumo profile to find out how can you read full reviews on my website.*
Bella italia...
Inspired by a few connections to Italy, the traditional brand and also the recommendation of the perfumery that these fragrances are produced on a nobler basis than the usual, I have me times rangetastet and am stuck with the Colonia Club.
First, it is for me a typical summer, Mediterranean fragrance for the walk on the piazza ... the warmer, the more the fragrance develops here. At the beginning comes only times the full thrust of tropical fruits and the mint, where I must say, me too much, because the first time the feeling is with me not only refreshing but I feel the mint almost a little burning on the skin...
After the abflauen blows one then with somewhat weaker sillage the lemon, orange in conjunction with light lavender, musk and the amber around the nose ... The durability is normal, the fragrance like a little dolce Vita and also the bottle is nice and handy; but on balance, the expectations were perhaps higher and for me in the future no "must have"... despite everything, divertimento con il profumo, ciao ragazzi....

KimJong
Not artistic fragrance, but..
1. There are comments that Colonia Club is similar to Green Irish Tweed. I can understand that assessment, but I would say that the two are quite different in character. And I prefer Colonia Club. Actually it is what I've been wearing every summer for the past few years. I didn't wear it every day, but I think I wore it often enough.

2. Unlike other ADP's pieces, Colonia Club has little room to classify it as a classical fragrance, rather a modern. I think it's closer to the early 90s vibe. It also seems to be directed at a popular line similar to designer perfumes, which is why relative undervaluations occur despite the Colonia Club's great value.

3. I don't know how many people will agree with me, but I think Colonia Club and Façonnable Cologne are quite similar. Especially when sprayed on the body, mint is mixed in sweat and gives off a sharp and prickly scent. Naturally it makes a person's body odor very healthy and energetic. On this page, Mr. FragranceFox even mentioned A&F Fierce. Colonia Club and Fierce smell completely different in fact, but the way Fierce's petitgrain works on human body odor is also similar in my opinion. I'm not sure how to explain this scent, anyway there's no such scent when spray it on paper at all.

4. Colonia Club is much better than Façonnable in terms of quality of course. The relationship between the two pieces can be compared to the relationship between Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water. In the end, this is what I'm trying to say: For anyone who identifies value enough to choose GIT instead of CW despite the huge price gap, wouldn't the same be true for Colonia Club?

5. Now, let's talk about the Colonia Club. Freshness, pleasantness, and etc have already been fully mentioned by others, so let's skip it. Which passes through a fairly widespread aromatic mint bomb and settles down with a luxurious green soap scent. Probably someone would feel the forest or the sea in this drydown. What's certain is that there's more to it than the soap scent. Something airy, natural, and a bit salty. All of these are factors that make the fresh scent of a cheerful person.

6. Some perfumes also affect a person's personality. For example, GIT has similarities to the Colonia Club, but it feels much calmer. So when I wear something like GIT, I feel my body moves slowly, and my spine becomes upright by itself instead. Then maybe I look more like a decent guy, but I don't really like that feeling very much.

7. On the other hand, whenever I wear the Colonia Club, I feel that I have become a much more cheerful, sporty, and agile guy. I can actually jump higher, run faster, and laugh more. At the same time, it doesn't make me lose the refinement. And Colonia Club is also something that makes look forward to summer for me. So I like Colonia Club more than GIT.
The somewhat different Colonia
It's been a few years now that I came across Colonia Club. I can still remember that day very clearly, it was a very hot day in August 2015 I was on vacation in Merano and walked through the city, at that time I had no idea about perfume and there was this perfumery in the city center outside was a kind of stand with a poster with horses and the Colonia Club bottle pictured. I thought to myself so that looks quite interesting and sprayed it on my arm and paid no further attention to the perfume, it was somehow still too different and too expensive for me, so after 3-4 hours I thought to myself all the time what smells so damn cool here? it was my arm with the Colonia Club I began to love this fragrance, but I bought me no bottles it was just too expensive for me at that time. I didn't think about Colonia Club for almost three years , but then when a sample was included in a perfume purchase it was all about me again , I hit the order button and two days later I held this amazing perfume in my hands and I still love Colonia Club today like I did back in 2015 . I can't understand the negative reviews here somehow, sure it's not a typical Colonia it's just different and what new, but Colonia Club smells so nice fresh and minty, maybe you just have to forget here that you have a Colonia in front of you and this perfume doesn't want to be a teenager perfume or a fragrance for the club, it's a modern interpretation or remake of the classic Colonia motif. I can only advise you do not rate this perfume too fast, it needs some time to unfold its magic.
It didn't need him...
Colonia Club is such a candidate for me, where you don't know, is it worth buying or not? This is largely due to the expectations that AdP itself has built up. One is used to the fact that the start is formidably contested. If, as with the brown flacons, it lasts for a long time, everything is perfect. If it doesn't, as with the blue series or the Colonias, then you'll be glad to forgive. Because they're summer scents, and first impressions compensate. In the meantime I know for myself if the fragrance is worth buying
This is also how Colonia Club begins. An intensive scent cloud forms around the mint, it is spurred on by the citrus notes to peak performance and that pleases very much. On top of that, Colonia Club cools down due to the galbanol and mint, the sprayed areas become cooler. I imagine it's very nice in summer, especially since the spots stay cool when the top note says goodbye. Unfortunately this happens quickly. Normally not tragic with AdP, because they always stick to it somehow.

What then followed...Seldom have I thought so surely at the beginning, that this would be a purchase only to have to row back because nothing much happens afterwards. As soon as the gigantic top note has disappeared, all that's left is green-herbal and that's not even that refreshing. The cooling gradually recedes and you start to find the fragrance not so nice anymore. Quickly a weak scent remains, the same as withering flowers. The vetiver also seems pure here, but it seems to have only briefly passed by the bottle. I've never seen vetiver so expressionless and weak on the chest.
No, it's okay to start with a summer scent with a strong top note and not to put down a mad H/S. But this, this isn't working. The opening very pleasing, has something of menthol, after that the scent not only weakens, it becomes bland and boring. Can AdP much better
Rebirth2014
Not perfect, but perfect for me
In the last few months I have had to be very reticent about Parfumo in my actions. This was neither due to the excellent community, nor to my love for perfumes. Rather, I came to the realization that the perception of a fragrance is such a subjective feeling that - with all preferences - it does not always fit one's own mood and especially one's own lifestyle.

Primarily I fell in love in the last years with fragrances of the oriental direction (especially Amouage), only to find out that there are meanwhile hardly any situations in which I can wear them. Even Fougeres, which are full, wooded and green in the base, got on my nerves with all their affection. Why was this?

From Couchpotato, with over 20 kg overweight, I found my way back to an active lifestyle. Increasingly my sluggish and cuddly basic posture had to give way to my rediscovered urge to move. In the beginning, days of rest and days of action were still in balance. Smoky, heavy scents or powerful fougeres accompanied me through the temperate days, as well as on hikes in the autumn forest. But year after year my sport workload increased and with it also the physical and olfactory load developed to the same extent.

After the remains of Amouage Interlude from the previous evening made me almost vomit during the hard interval training, as if someone was smoking next to me, I decided to use my scent treasures only very rarely and carefully (holidays, going out etc.) and I experimented frustrated with fresh scents from the mainstream segment. I didn't like any fragrance from this area, because either the top note was too synthetically fresh (detergent) or the base was incredibly sticky and sweet (tonka) and created an inner defense. It simply didn't fit any more and every fragrance produced a certain disgust during the day.

At some point I remembered "Acqua di Parma Colonia Club" and in my desperation I bought a small bottle. Tested during sports, the incredibly fresh, pearly top note immediately inspired me. This gave me the incomparable feeling that probably everyone knows when you quench your thirst with bitter lemon, orangina or san pellegrino: the bitter parts of the peel, the essential oils of the citrus fruits, and the crystalline, sugary sweetness immediately invigorate body and soul.

As Colonia, the fragrance does not tend to get lost in excessive sillage or shelf life.

In the second phase a green soap develops, which conveys a cultivated feeling. Light Fougereankläge swing along. The mint still remains pearly and triggers another freshness kick.

There is no such thing as a base. That's good, because this would trigger a certain feeling of disgust in me during sporting stress. Vetiver, musk and amber (probably due to the resin in the heart note) produce only a dry and soft contrast to the freshness. After two hours the fragrance retreats very close to the skin.

If I evaluate the fragrance as a composition in the classical sense, I have to reproach him for giving away essential elements of perfume art in a one-dimensional way and without drydown. But in my case this "mistake" is ideal and gives me an everyday scent that fits my life and my feelings perfectly.

Who had to make similar experiences, like those described by me, is recommended to test "Acqua di Parma Colonia Club". All others will probably be bothered by the overdrawn mint and the missing base.

The shower foam of "Rituals Samurai Yuzu" also went in the same direction (the pearling effect), which unfortunately was discontinued.
Bursche
"If he's interested in you, you feel like you're the only person in the world." (The talented Mr. Ripley)
He is a mysterious friend, an old acquaintance whom I have known for years - but whose character I will never really grasp. No, it's not because he's superficial. On the contrary...

Often I would sit with him for two or three hours and talk about God and the world. Whether in the sunny but still ice-cold spring freshness, there on the stone terrace of the lodge in the Alps. Whether in the sultry heat of feverish summer evenings in the glow of the flickering anti-mosquito candles, when he gave me a cool head despite profound thoughts. Or on rainy autumn days, when I just want to hide out in the warm apartment and get some rest, but he calls me: "You have to be among people!

No, he is not the one who is always close to me - but when he is there, he is surprisingly often at exactly the right time. And then he greets me with a cordiality that amazes me every time anew.

A gentleman - neither old nor young! A man of pleasure who loves life. And a cool thinker at the same time...

Acqua the Parma Colonia Club: Chapeau!
Meggi
The balance is not correct
A soapy-citric hairdressing salon freshness opened. But quickly mint is in front, in a strong ethereal cloud. Includes plenty of matching leaf greens. Also stinging nettle would be conceivable, which is not meant absolutely negatively.

And when already within a few minutes a diffuse, synthetic woodiness penetrates, fortunately that creaminess is there which I cannot call "Italian" without being able to give a well-founded reason for it. First slightly roughened (rose geranium), later mainly green (galbanum). This is good for the whole construct insofar as the artificial wood is kept underground by it and does not develop its own penetrance.

Well, and like many of his brand colleagues, 'Colonia Club' is now gliding solidly for hours, hour after hour, the "Italian" looking mixture of green and cream with the help of lavender bravely maintains a touch of aftershave attitude. The wood scratches consistently just close enough to a brave fragment of our nettle green not to become annoying. A little bit of Herbes backwards (like a hint of tobacco bitterness) also helps against wood wasteland.

The problem is that, especially with the representatives from the blue Acqua series, a kneeling start for the following hours is often mild. Today the mint was very tidy and the green-leaved, quite lifelike impact can be considered hereby expressly as duly appreciated - but it is not for melting. And since the rest then seems rather routinely cranked down, the balance is simply not right.

Conclusion: A (admittedly stylish) Immergeher for the Lord. Serves its target group reliably.

I thank MisterE for the rehearsal.
FragranceFox
I like to be a member of this club
35 years ago there was a legendary club that opened its doors to the world: its name was "Club Tropicana" and it only existed in fantasy because it was sung about in a song by the duo WHAM. It was a homage to the beautiful and carefree holiday season - interspersed with fine satire. "Club Tropicana, drinks are free. Fun and sunshine, there's enough for everyone..."

If I imagine perfumes for it, then from Versace "Dylan", Abercrombie & Fitch "Fierce" or Dolce & Gabbana "Light Blue". In other words: Here it smells sweet, colorful, pleasing and a bit loud.

The "Colonia Club" also takes us into another world, but not into one where the lightness of being is celebrated, but where the beauty of the world is honored. Even if "Colonia Club" has a high durability and Sillage, it does not force itself on, but caresses one. In contrast to other perfumes, "Colonia Club" does not have this tangy aggressiveness in the top note. The fragrance has something of a fresh lemon cake with mint - in any case something mushy. Even if this is not possible, many fragrances from Acqua di Parma seem to me to be more viscous than mainstream perfumes, because their various ingredients seem to merge into a pleasant mush. In the specific case of "Colonia Club", this takes away something of the sensory complexity of other high-quality niche perfumes, where there is certainly more to smell and discover.

This olfactory environment of Acqua di Parma makes you feel less like partying: The "Club Tropicana takes place today without us. In the "Colonia Club", on the other hand, you can enjoy the Italian evening sun in style with a cocktail in your hand. For hours, you are surrounded by a cosy warmth that provides a positive atmosphere for yourself and the other club members - up to light approaches of happiness. Over time, when the citric opening notes diminish a little, the darker chords of mint and especially musk become established, further reinforcing the feeling of inner serenity.

As Groucho Marx once said, "I may not belong to any club that accepts me as a member." Well, I belong to the "Club Colonia" for a long time, feel very well taken care of there and think that it will stay that way for a long time to come. Thanks in this connection also to the knowledgeable salesman of the perfumery Schnitzler in Düsseldorf, without whom I would probably not be a proud member of the "Colonia Club" today.

An Ode to Yesteryear and a Nod to the Gentlemen of Today
-Acqua di Parma Colonia Club-
Disclaimer: my notes are based on a Scent Bird sample and the impressions it gave me. I do not consider this a full review.

• Classic barbershop frag that focuses on mint.
• Yes, you’ve been here before, but should that promote aversion? That’s up to you.
• For me, the mint hangs around until the basenotes become prominent. Your mileage may vary.
• I was surprised at the longevity, though not at first. I found I was becoming anosmic within an hour or two. I’m told that it wears close (arms length) after the initial blast and isn’t overbearing—even when spraying fairly liberally (I like to be minimal and often only spray 1-3 times), spraying 5 times without much worry. Applying only 3 sprays to the back of my neck, I was able to retain the ability to catch silage for a full work day.
• This is mature, but I wouldn’t call it strictly an “old man’s scent.”
• Almost out of my sample... I’m considering a full bottle.
• If you like Creed’s GIT or Bleu de Chanel, I’d take a look at Colonia Club. It has that masculin vibe, without being overpowering; think Drakkar Noir... subtracting the POWER of an 80’s mustache and adding a minty edge.

Finerthings8Finerthings8 3 months ago
Nothing really outstanding here.pleasant ,fresh but mediocre cologne.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
An expensive version of Proraso. Nice but a bit mainstream.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Citric notes and mint give a pleasant cool and fruity freshness. It's a pity that some synthetic note appears, which doesn't really fit in.

Der Weg (für Fresh)
by Floyd
Wasser aus Parma. Kölner Verein.
by Floyd
by Ngarcia
by Oziriz
by Oziriz

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria La Spugnatura by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Quercia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Sakura by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma